Nobody is forgetting a thing

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Nobody is forgetting a thing

Postby Sabina » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Shall we talk about indoctrination at a young age? Or shall we talk about how the American government and US policies lead to a plummeting of affection towards American citizens in general?

Here's the conversation starter:
911-coloring-book.jpg
911-coloring-book.jpg (136.9 KiB) Viewed 4864 times

Found at Interactive Pinboard, The book that shouldn't have been

I also read about this book at a major news channel here. The story was followed by hundreds of comments, literally, and they all spoke in one voice. Outraged, fed up and concerned.
"Picture the future generations of Americans!"
While some people point out the importance of not generalizing and saying that not all Americans are the same, the majority of people are simply stunned by the premise of the book and outraged about Americans, wondering if they have now lost it completely.

My husband is from the US, and we live in Europe. Being from the US used to be a sort of nice thing, or neutral at the very least. People were curious and held no prejudice towards you.
This started to change with the Bush administration and has been spiking ever since then.
A curious "Where are you from?", answered by "The United States" is always followed by a cold shocked look. The rest depends on the person's character and most will get over the fact that he is American and talk to him like he is a human being.....
But it's getting worse. As certain things sharpen in the US, other things sharpen accordingly elsewhere.

To what end? What are your thoughts?
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Nobody is forgetting a thing

Postby Xen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:44 pm

I lost an entire Reply.. ,which has angered me greatly, almost filling up two pages...

I will reply to this later on a more defined not, but for now..

I am saddened by the most recent current state of events.. where has our great country gone? Certainly to the hands whose pockets are lined with gold, the interest of our people, men, women, and children cast aside for the better political interest. America: Land of the hopeless and table cloth fed. a population of sheep.
Cherish this life; even if we have others; we will only experience life as we do now once. We cannot hope to replicate the finer details of our individual existence.
Xen

Favorite book: The Waterborn by Greg Keyes
Favorite movie: Howls Moving Castle
Things I like: I like to write, discover truth in the little things, look beautiful scenery, Talk with everyone, Find light in darkness, and many other things that I will eventually get in to.
State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 1

Postby mirjana » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:16 pm

At the beginning it was a land with a spirit of pioneers. Now it is a land of mostly sad followers. I do hope that these two polarities will find the balance in the future. I do hope...otherwise it influences terribly the world and not for the good.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm sorry you lost your reply Brandon... it happens to everyone sooner or later. If that ever happens again, just go back in history, using the browser's back button, and your original text should still be there. Also, any time you write a longer text, copy the whole thing prior to submitting it - just in case. That's what I always do.

I have a piece of new re. the US situation... I think it's worth our attention. Have a look:
Occupy Wall Street Protest - Did you know?
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Spirited Debate