New friends? I'm a new user....overwhelmed!

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

New friends? I'm a new user....overwhelmed!

Postby darcylavigne » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:50 am

Ok, I am a new user as of 15 minutes ago and I plowed through the "getting to know you" fill out form, with DaVinci avatar, et all.....I'd really love to talk to some like-minded or totally unlike/dissimilar minded individuals out there....or neutral Swiss parties are good, too. ;0) Basically, I'm just looking for some spirited conversation. My friends are depressed, my husband and I have not too terribly much to say to each other-not because we don't get along, just because we are extremely comfortable with each other- although my INTENSITY towards certain mundane or life-threatening topics and the raising of my voice (not angrily) just gets his anxious! =0o Eh, blame it (cliche and all) on my Irish blood. Thats what we always say, huh? SO...point is....anyone want to talk about something? Politics gets a little tedious to me after about 2 minutes- I am interested and I vote and I pay attention- it's just not my favorite thing to discuss. =0X Aside from that, let 'er rip. I can handle it. I think. -D.
darcylavigne

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: THE MASTER AND MARGARITA by Mikhail Bulgakov
Favorite movie: FRIDA
Things I like: foreign movies, travel, wine, dachshunds, road trips, reading, writing, sex with my husband, funny people, good friends, delicious food, mild weather, Western Europe and what I have seen of South America, the beach, travel writing, going to school, the smell of an old book, incense and spearmint, thai and vietnamese food, daydreaming, interior design, drag shows, the usual.....
State of Mind or Tendency: Lonely
Kudos: 0

Re: New friends? I'm a new user....overwhelmed!

Postby mirjana » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi darcylavigne,
Welcome to DS. I like your sense of humor, must be your Irish trace, =0D .
You will see that there are many interesting topics in DS throughout many forums. We shall meet in one of them, or in one you will open, sharing what we have to say. =0)
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby dermot » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi darcylavigne, welcome to DS!
This will be a voyage of discovery for you, there is a wealth of varied interest on this site that is bound to hold you enthralled ...and when you participate we all benefit too.

Now...ur Irish blood. As i suffer, beg pardon, benefit from the one hundred percent variety that you claim to have some of...i should perhaps take time to acquaint you of the responsibilities you must inevitably carry.

Your husband is a good man im sure. But hes not Irish, and that is a great loss, to you. You cannot really be expected to engage fully with such a person, there will be times when silence descends and if you listen closely you will hear in your heart a plaintive cry from the homeland. It may demand that dollars are sent back to the Emerald Isle, or indeed that there is a U2 concert about to take place somewhere locally. Either or both of these impulses cannot and should not be ingored. It coulld also mean that its raining again at home, but this wlll be a more frequent and rather louder impulse from the heart, which needs to be ignored if you are to function normally. We do. Most of the time.

Anyway i fear for you greatly, on one level you are blessed, on another level it would seem a much diluted blessing is yours to carry. If there is any way (there isnt) that i can help/lighten your load then please ask (obviously in the mother tongue...if you are to be heard), i will get around to dealing with your sad story when it stops raining.

Is mise le gra
Dermot.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby mouse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:48 pm

hey, i'm irish too, i would like to talk, can we talk about pschology, and how the mind works, like discuss, why do we do harm to others, what forces us to behave in that way. i am a very nice person, i don't see why people do such evil, do you?. mary
mouse

Favorite book: eat pray love
Favorite movie: the hoilday
Things I like: 70's rock music,
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 0

Postby dermot » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi Mary, welcome to DS.....I suggest you look around the forums, there are lots of psychology topics you may be interested in, and also lots besides......make your self at home!
d.
dermot

Postby mirjana » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi Mary,
Welcome to DS! Dermot have already given you a nice recommendation. =0)
As about your question and your doubts, I think that we basically can only work on our-self and by changing us we can contribute to further changes. When talking about harming others, if I become aware that I did something of that kind, I try to figure out why I had such action/ reaction so that something of that kind would never repeat. The same when somebody else does something of the kind that belongs to this category, I try to use such experience for the benefits of personal growing changing my pure observation or critical standpoint into the active and analytical that helps me to understand why it happens to me.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby dermot » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:03 am

Good answer Mirjana, i think we do harm when we forget who and what we are. If we remember that we are essentially Love, then we cannot do harm. If we forget then almost anything is possible because we act from a place without our essential energy guiding us.

So, nothing actually forces us....we have the choice to remain connected all the time, the more we practice that..the more we stay in connection and darker forces cannot take us over.

D.
dermot

Postby blackfellawhitefella » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:47 am

.we are both devil and angel , mary.

.although , more correctly expressed as negative and positive polarisations of the One.

Choose your playground.
Remember , that another self has the freedom to choose also , as you do.

Right and Wrong is a figment of an overactive imagination supported by poor critical thinking.

As we give , we receive.

Game on.
relax, connect, allow.
repeat process.
blackfellawhitefella

Favorite book: the One i am allowing
Favorite movie: an australian story
Things I like: wisdom expressed
State of Mind or Tendency: Poetic
Kudos: 1

Postby Pantonar » Thu May 24, 2012 4:15 am

Darcy,
perhaps this is the ideal moment to cease (for the time being,) the search for distractions, amusement, or any kind of fulfillment, outside of you.
Instead, use the restlessness to explore the very depths of your own being: who are you, what do you want that you have not experienced. Or, if you have experienced it, it didn't transcend the time span during which it happened; it didn't add much to the more profound aspect of your being, which I believe is what you may be trying to address.
Just go there, be alone with your self.
You are bound to find a universe of endless possibilities, presenting itself to you.
There you will find undeniable evidence that we all are connected to the all, we can access all and in turn are accessible to all.
Each is unique and so is their path.
To finally realize this is rather difficult because of the overwhelming distractions in and outside of us, but I agree that such precious, life changing moment, is possible for those curious, persistent minds and spirits, who are committed to their quest for the true nature of all creation.
Never give up, the rewards one can not imagine. What else is there to do when bored ?

Happy trails !
Pantonar

Favorite book: Narcissus and Goldmund
Favorite movie: The sting
Things I like: Playing music, art, jazz, travel, philosophy, designing, motivating.
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 1

Return to Spirited Debate