My Daily Coffee with Destiny Jump

By Mirjana

My Daily Coffee with Destiny Jump

Postby mirjana » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:44 am

I like very much this idea that Sabina invented for us in DS, this Destiny Jump button. As I come almost every day to Ds, from now on I decided to start my visit with this button. Today, my Destiny Jump has brought me to The Life Changing Arts section, the second page of
Animated Short Movies.
Synchronicity?

The first movie on the second page is "Lightheaded", by Mike Dacko. The music is created by Thievery Corporation and it beautifully fits to the movie.

It is a brilliant concept put into a simple story with a deep message. Little candle creatures show us life in all its depth. This is a great illustration of what we are sacrificing in order to know who we are and where this realization brings us in correlation with others.

So, my today's journey with Destiny Jump has been pure pleasure and this touch of art in the poetic form put some more light and awareness on my day. Nice start.
=0)
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: My Daily Coffee with Destiny Jump

Postby mirjana » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:05 am

Today, my Destiny Jump offered me a very interesting choice as a reminder.
Everything is OK.
So I opened this good old video, posted by Sabina so amny months ago, on Feb 02, 2010.

Each sentence that this great guy says in this video could be a title for the great awakening article, such as:
Always do what police tell you to do and everything is OK =0X
Miserable people shop more, so please,
Remain as miserable as you can B0)
Everything you read in the media is 100% true =0@

Actually each sentence sounds like a golden proverb. I enjoyed this video again. It opened a question, what had happened in this one year and how this video, with so many other great materials posted here, influenced myself. I realized that my eyes are more open to really see, my ears are more open to really hear and I do things that year ago I didn't. Just being here in DS in the great company of other deep spirits has been daily influential for the good. It has been a nice realization.

So, my dear deep spirits friends, what about you?
mirjana

Spiral Journey with Lateralus and Tool

Postby mirjana » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:49 pm

My today’s Destiny Jump brought me mystical experience with music and the band Tool and their song Lateralus.

This video beautifully represents mysticism in music. It is about interconnectedness between music, Fibonacci numbers, life and our approach to it. The lyrics are great and dance harmoniously with music following Fibonacci numbers’ law.

So, why has Destiny Jump brought me here today?
After putting it, this question revealed a few realizations important to me.
When Sabina posted it Wed Mar 03, 2010, I was fascinated about the title of the topic and great example she has founded as an opening post. And although my fascination about mysticism in music and Fibonacci numbers goes for a very long time along with my work in numerology, I somehow took this per se, superficially taken with an initial idea and urge to give it further living. Therefore my attention went in the direction of putting new material. And this beautiful post stayed not answered until today. Shame on me!
So, there are two thanks going to Sabina today. First for this post and the second for Destiny Jump that, since I have been using it this way, brings me nice daily approach to DS in depth.
=0)

"Lateralus"

It is the name of a song by American progressive metal band Tool. It is the third single and title track of their third studio album Lateralus.
It is released February 2002 ,format Compact Disc, recorded 2000 in genre Progressive metal .
The song is about living open-mindedly, or laterally, instead of narrow-mindedly, or linearly. Tool’s vocal, Maynard James Keenan himself in his interview to Christopher di Carlo, a Philosopher of Science and Ethics, says that it is not about to preach any definitive methodology for interpreting their lyrics but, for those who do understand that the lyrics have meanings at one intended level which can be interpreted by various people in various ways to relate those to personal self-reflection. Those are he does encourage.

Alchemy and “Lateralus”

The line "As below so above and beyond, I imagine" is a direct reference to Hermeticism and the Emerald Tablet.
"The Great Work" in alchemy begins with the Nigredo (black), then moves to the Albedo (white), then the Citrinitas (yellow), then the Rubedo (Red), which is also one of aspects of this song

Fibonacci and “Lateralus”

The Fibonacci sequence shares a relationship with spirals, which are mentioned several times in the lyrics.
Counting between pauses, the syllables in Maynard James Keenan's vocals during the verses from the first few Fibonacci numbers, ascending and descending
Additionally, Keenan begins singing at 1:37 into the song. 1 minute 37 seconds, or 97 seconds, is approximately 1.618 of a full minute. This happens to be the golden ratio, which is closely related to the Fibonacci sequence.
The drummer Danny Carey is deeply involved in numerology and Fibonacci numbers and he incorporated his knowledge into the creation of rhythm of Lateralus.
There are much more details about it that go during this video as an additional explanation. Cool idea.
About the band

Tool is an American rock band from Los Angeles, California, formed in 1990.
Since then, the band has included drummer Danny Carey, guitarist Adam Jones, and vocalist Maynard James Keenan and original bassist Paul D’Amour, who is replaced in 1995 by Justin Chancellor. The band won three Grammy Awards, performed worldwide tours, and produced albums topping the charts in several countries.
Because they incorporate visual arts and relatively long and complex releases, they are generally described as a style-transcending act and part of progressive rock and art rock.
Their songs are not simply coincidental accidents but carefully developed arrangements based on themes and influences from a variety of sources, esoteric knowledge, alchemy, mysticism. The favorite book of the band seems to be "The Egyptian Book of the Dead".
The band members' insistence on privacy and it is privilege to come in close and personal contact with them. Therefore the interview that Dr. Christopher di Carlo has got with the vocalist Maynard James Keenan has a kind of mystical value. I highly recommend you to see this whole interview here: http://cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm)

Others about Tool

“Tool was described by Patrick Donovan of The Age as "the thinking person's metal band. Cerebral and visceral, soft and heavy, melodic and abrasive, tender and brutal, familiar and strange, western and eastern, beautiful and ugly, taut yet sprawling and epic, they are a tangle of contradictions."Tool has gained critical praise from the International Herald Tribune's C.B. Liddell for their complex and ever-evolving sound. Describing their general sound, Allmusic refers to them as "grinding, post-Jane's Addiction heavy metal",[45] and The New York Times sees similarities to "Led Zeppelin's heaving, battering guitar riffs and Middle Eastern modes". Their 2001 work Lateralus was compared by Allmusic to Pink Floyd's Meddle (1971), but thirty years later and altered by "Tool's impulse to cram every inch of infinity with hard guitar meat and absolute dread"” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool_%28band%29)
mirjana

Re: Spiral Journey with Lateralus and Tool

Postby Sabina » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:17 pm

mirjana wrote:So, there are two thanks going to Sabina today. First for this post and the second for Destiny Jump that, since I have been using it this way, brings me nice daily approach to DS in depth.

My pleasure! =0)
And, I am really glad you have rediscovered Lateralus and Tool.

I think the way you are using the Destiny Jump button is wonderful. It is how it was intended, sure, but the seriousness or rather the dedication with which you do that is very sweet!
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Somewhere in Between