Musica universalis

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Musica universalis

Postby Sabina » Mon May 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Musica universalis or music of the spheres is an ancient philosophical concept that regards proportions in the movements of celestial bodies - the Sun, Moon, and planets - as a form of music.

As a visual example, take the Earth-Venus dance they create within eight years and you'll get this beautiful five-petal flower with the Sun at the center.
musica-universalis.png
musica-universalis.png (90.79 KiB) Viewed 7387 times

This universal music is not necessarily seen as audible, but rather a mathematical/harmonic (or religious) concept. For some reason the idea of universal music has traditionally appealed to thinkers and scholars.
Go figure. 80S
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Musica universalis

Postby mirjana » Mon May 30, 2011 11:19 pm

Thank you Sabina for bringing this universal language between us.
As a numerologist I have been very interested in the principle of the Music of Spheres, as I think that music is the universal language, which means that everything can be translated to that language.
If we live in the tune with the infinite we would hear the grass grow, the wind whispers, the ocean sings… Poets know that.
I also think that each individual thing in the universe has its own note or sound, or the own rate of vibration. It is the soul of the man, planet, star, grain, sand, color…
As everything has a kind of center in order to have a coordinate to evolve, in the own soul music it is a dominant note around which all its other tones gather. The outer form of this inner music is expressed through numbers. Pythagoras gave to the ancient world his theory of music. The part of his theory was also that he related individuals to tone and color. He was teaching that the universe vibrates at different rates expressed by the digits of single numbers from 1 to 9.
If you take Jupiter and Venus, they both have the digit of 9. And they both have also vowels´ digit which is 8. It shows which shows that Jupiter and Venus are the planet vibrating the note of D and C in all the octaves. The same is with the Venus.
Our name and birth date show our level of consciousness. When this code is decoded, or translated into the life song , one becomes aware of this hidden strength and is more in tune with everything around. That is one of the ways to oneness.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Return to Mysticism