Mushroom season is almost here...

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Mushroom season is almost here...

Postby ubermensch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:00 am

Almost spring time, and that means the beginning of mushroom season. A time to hunt mushrooms, enjoy springtime, getting out in nature and find some tasty mushrooms to add to many foods giving the food a greater taste . Another great aspect is there are also some that are very good to add to an already expanding consciousness . Very interested to know if anyone will be doing any mushroom hunting this spring and if so what is your intent , tasty dishes or mind enhancement ? ;0)
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Re: Mushroom season is almost here...

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:31 pm

Um, tasty dishes - I wouldn't know the first thing about mind enhancing mushrooms. If I went looking for them I would probably pick something poisonous and end up gravely ill. 80S
Rachel

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis
Favorite movie: Dogma
Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 3

Postby ubermensch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:01 am

Funny you say that . I ended up in the emergency room in Nov. of 2010 from the "Gallerina" mushroom that I misidentified----quick note from wikipedia, which I wish I would have read before consumption------(Identification
The extreme toxicity of some Galerina species means that recognition of Galerina is of great importance to mushroom hunters who are seeking hallucinogenic Psilocybe. Species like Galerina marginata may bear a superficial resemblance to Psilocybe cyanescens and other Psilocybe species. Galerina can be distinguished from psilocybian Psilocybe by the following characteristics:-). This year I purchased a microscope so I can check them on a cellular level as opposed to just doing spore tests. "There are old mushroom hunters , and bold mushroom hunters , but there are no old and bold mushroom hunters." Needless to say I am no longer a bold mushroom hunter.
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Postby Rachel » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:19 pm

I am glad that you no longer boldly hunt mushrooms and end up in the ED.
Rachel

Favorite book: The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis
Favorite movie: Dogma
Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 3

Postby Sabina » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:41 pm

That's a good saying.... "There are old mushroom hunters, and bold mushroom hunters, but there are no old and bold mushroom hunters."
That is one of the reasons why I am not out hunting for mushrooms. I don't feel that my knowledge is even close to sufficient or satisfactory when it comes to this topic. So, not this year, not now, but maybe some day in the future!
Everything is possible.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Spirited Debate