MM Witticism

Short stories, good jokes,
witty sayings and anecdotes

MM Witticism

Postby Sabina » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:53 am

This man, you may have heard of him, said something that I also have been saying for years.

"You should have to pass an IQ test before you breed. You have to take a driving test to operate vehicles and an SAT test to get into college. So why don't you have to take some sort of test before you give birth to children?"

Like I said, I think this is a perfectly valid question.
Perhaps he is not a common choice when thinking of wit and witticism, but here are some of the things Marylin Manson (a.k.a. Brian Hugh Warner) has said. See what you think about them.

"We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves."

"Music is the strongest form of magic."

"People tend to associate anyone who looks and behaves differently with illegal or immoral activity."

"The burden of originality is one that most people don't want to accept. They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they're supposed to like, what they're supposed to buy, and what they're supposed to laugh at."

"I'm not against God. I'm against the Misuse of God."

"I just try to make people think. I don't try to shock them or scare them. I just try and get them to question."

"I think every man and woman is a star. It's just a matter of realizing and becoming it. It's all a matter of willpower. The world is just how you see it. If you want to have other people tell you how to see it, then you can. But if you want to look at it differently, then it's limitless what you can do. That's why I don't feel the need to be one person. I can be as many people as I like."
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: MM Witticism

Postby mirjana » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Very wise words. I enjoyed your selection.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: MM Witticism

Postby Rachel » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:18 pm

"I'm not against God. I'm against the Misuse of God."

LOVE! =0D
Rachel

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis
Favorite movie: Dogma
Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 3

Return to Witticism