maerd s'Ecila's dream

Exercise your mind through 'what if' scenarios, moral
dilemmas, brain teasers & other playful ways.

maerd s'Ecila's dream

Postby Sabina » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:04 am

chain-story.jpg
chain-story.jpg (159.2 KiB) Viewed 3230 times
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: maerd s'Ecila's dream

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:12 am

Bursting through the door, as if hunted by some crazed lunatic, Ecila dropped her bag on the floor, leaned against the door and stared at the ceiling. After a couple of seconds she released a deep sigh of relief and squeezed a slight grin out of the corner of her mouth. She then pried her back off the door to take a step deeper into the sanctity of her apartment. "Thank God!", she said as she found the strength to take another step. "I thought this week would never end..." muttering as her pace quickened. She was soon moving around the apartment with a new found energy that practically screamed motivation! She popped her dinner in the microwave as she was simply too exhausted to cook anything and she definitely wasn't waiting on something to be delivered. The microwave dinged and she found herself standing in the middle of her living room staring at the couch as if it were a piece of modern art hanging on some prestigious museum wall. Realizing what was missing she rushed into the bedroom and returned with her fuzzy purple slippers.

After finishing her dinner, she stretched out on the couch with her book and a blanket that looked as if she bought it at the same place as her slippers. She, looking about the room quite content, couldn't help thinking that if her mother were there she would be yelling at her "What's the matter with you? Do you want to go blind by the time you're 40? Turn some lights on! You can't read with only that little lamp on!". In a smug little whisper, "Perfect!" she said as she ironically reached out for her reading glasses.
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby Sabina » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:36 am

The book didn't promise to be a masterpiece. The title alone was so 'mysterious' that it had a hint of mediocrity to it, like someone tried to squeeze an emerald out of a polished piece of glass. Understated titles have something poetic about them, she thought, and dressing up the title, to her, meant setting the bar of the reader entirely too high.
"Bound to be disappointed, by the author's choice. What an amateur!", she thought.
"But... a promise is a promise", and with a sense of dull duty she continued.

"Clarity disappears at an increasing rate when the observer is stuck in an observation."

"Fortune cookie new age wisdom right at the beginning of the book. Take me from here now!", she thought, interrupted by a demanding knock on her window.
"When did doors stop being an adequate point of entry?", grunting she got off the couch.
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby mirjana » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:24 am

When she opened the window, there was a little pigeon, usual guest who had a habit to knock occasionally and try to enter Ecila´s room. The light in the garden kept him awake in this time not usual for birds. This time he was carrying something in his beak. Ecila let it in and then she realized that it was carying a little fortune cookie . 80| , =0o , "no chance" ...she turned around confused as it seemed like somebody has heard what she has just thought. The same time she opened the paper and read what was there:
"Clarity disappears at an increasing rate when the observer is stuck in an observation."
""Wow...what was that?"
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:21 am

An implausible improbability, that's what!
She closed the window and turned back towards the couch, calmly convinced that the pigeon was a strange hallucination, possibly caused by too much work, a lack of sleep, her fuzzy purple slippers, or another, to her unknown reason, but as she began to lean back into the couch, she heard a coo coo behind her. Cooing in itself is not such an unusual sound when you live in the city, but in most households it is not a customary living room noise.
The pigeon stood on her couch table like it was waiting for something.
A treat? A message for the sender? Should she just open the window again? What did this creature want from her?
She looked towards the window and saw the small paper note on the floor.
No hallucination after all... All right! Where was I..., she grabbed the book and leaned back determined to pretend like nothing happened. She realized that it was a slightly ridiculous decision, and she knew she could spontaneously come up with four to two reasons on why it was even a bad idea, but for some reason this felt like an adequate course of action.
Sabina

Postby mirjana » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 am

At the very end of her thought the pigeon jumped from the couch table over her book to find another comfortable position on the edge of the couch. Making it comfortable it sent a kind of glance to Elice that reminded her to her grandfather she loved very much. He used to just enter her room when she was young in order to find something he was searching for, not being aware that he interrupted her in the middle of her important telephone call, and when leaving her room he would sent her the same childish naive and sweet glance… <3 she felt strange...
When she turned to the book, it was not the same page any more, but a new one with the words:
"Words are alive; cut them and they bleed."
80S , "grandfather and Waldo Emerson...hmm...not a bad company, but what is going on? It must be that the little pigeon turned it with its jump..."
Starting to list pages back, she felt like she has seen something on the site of her right eye, or in the eye... or... She looked quickly to the right and noticed the whole group of words marching, dancing and twisting on the wall book shelf. She touched her eyes like , no it is not possible, then looked again, but then she only saw a frame with Desiderata staying between shelves on the wall with the words she has already know almost by heart, and big enough so that she could read them from the couch. =0@ "I must be tired, I have to sleep"", and with this decision she decided not to continue to read but to sleep.
Mirjana
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Return to Imagination Exercises