Love

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: Love

Postby Ryan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:01 pm

I am not sure I understand... are you saying that I would be unable to move ahead from any given point if I have not experienced "their love"?
their love = you wrote:Just remember the way Christ loved the people around. How Prophet Muhammad did, the love of Lord Buddha and all the great souls of our time. When you are around them, you experience a love you have never received in your entire life.
(Just as clarification for "their love" because it is my understanding that is what we are elaborating upon.)
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby mirjana » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:54 pm

"Love should be like a breathing. It should be a quality no matter with who ever we are, no matter where we are, even if we are alone."
"It is not a question of being in love with someone, it is a question of being love."
I love many his words about love said in this video.

mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby profdrfeelgood » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:06 pm

The majority of things written here, which I have read so far, are platitudes and wishful thinking; many are quoting others and not searching deeply into their own sprits or them which are the core of human nature and many will feel outrage at these comments.

Emotions, which I have been accused by reviewers and others who have read my books and works say that I do not express my loves or fears; I am not afraid of death, so that in it self over shadows all other fears and other emotions are irrelevant to the story and cloud them with personal hormonal caused feelings which, in turn, distract from the inner and outer observations.

I am not lacking in the feelings of love, but through great emotional turmoil in my life and even greater hurt to them, I have had to analyse these feelings and put them in the proper perspective.

Let us take love for the opposite sex; whereby in contrast, all this with love of god is prosaic and can better fit in a bedtime story.

This type of consenual ‘love’ has been, up until this time, quite catastrophic for my own emotions in those situations. I have opened myself with all I possessed, only in the end to receive the Roman salute and the marching over of every feeling which had been laid bare.

These negativities compound themselves into other negative emotions such as: jealousy, hurt, despair, defensiveness and eventually hate, which are the opposite side of this love. These negatives again lead to temporary or long term misogyny or misanthropy, depending on your sex. Being “heart broken” is a worse downfall, for me, than the original heightened emotional state of “being” in love; the breakdown is actually quite painful and leads to a depressive state and feelings of emptiness, for what seems like eons.

Nature is not kind, as Lau Tzu described it. We are taken by pheromones and are grabbed by some scentless smell and are attracted, whereby our minds, senses and better judgement are taken for an uncontrollable ride. The sexual attraction, because of nature’s encoded force which dictates procreation, confuses everyone into thinking that sex is love. We are all fooled into it. The nearness eventually turns into apartness, because in most instances the communication is purely physical and if the majority of people were not blinded by this force of nature, most would not get involved.

Who has not heard it said: “If I had known what kind of a person you were before I married you, I never would have.” The great many unions are because of sexual attraction, or a male’s ego is enhanced among his peers if he gets an attractive woman to hang on his arm and the opposite is also true. Women are unconsciously looking for strong genes to reproduce with, because that is the nature and men are looking for that attractiveness and the duplication of their ‘uniqueness’ and then all are led astray by hormones and fashion.

I have not been the exception, by far, as I have also travelled the hormonal trail; because I am human. My testosterone has taken me down the garden path with the illusions of eternal love, devotion and marital bliss. In reality how many can honestly say that they can claim that? On that subject I would like to see some statistics.

What we are actually looking for, subconsciously, is companionship, because we basically are in anxiety and dread of solitude and aloneness. This ever, non ending search for someone to listen to our egos and share our discomforts. Men need a mother and women need a provider for their offspring.

Compassion and wisdom combined in Yab-Yum are other related emotions where empathy lies also in that corner where love can be found, but on a higher frequency. The opposite of this higher vibration is psychopathic behaviour or the total disregard for fellow humans and their suffering they may experience or the hurt that type may cause.

Empathy seems to come after the fact; when a wretched person is first laying in the gutter, we say: “Oh, see the poor bugger laying there”, and may feel something for the person in misery; before walking on. Where is the love in all this?

We want love and deep emotions between two people, the children and family. This type of ‘love’, as we call it, is to distinguish the person as a good husband or a wife and a good parent in the eyes of society. But, on the other hand these ‘loving’ people are capable of maiming and dismembering anyone or group who they do not ‘love’.

One prophet said: “Love thy neighbour as one loves one self”. Nice words, but he did not mean ego love, libido or sentimentality; I think he meant compassion, sympathy and caring.
Attachments
youarehere..1152179460.chakrasamvara.jpg
Yab-Yum or the union of Compassion and Wisdom.
youarehere..1152179460.chakrasamvara.jpg (98.73 KiB) Viewed 11563 times
Prof. Dr. Feelgood
profdrfeelgood

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: .
Favorite movie: .
Things I like: .
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 2

Postby dermot » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Dear Profdrfeelgood, i may be wide of the mark or not in decoding what you have to say, i feel a little confused by your last piece.
Firstly though.....im not sure its wise or appropriate to dismiss what others have said as being 'platitudes and wishful thinking'.....its simply not your call to decide that. It is not wise in my opinion to seek to diminish the words of others you are about to address.

You say that you are not afraid of Death, and that is the ultimate fear.........therefore you are not afraid of your Emotions, hence you feel no need to talk about them as they are hormonally influenced and therefore distract from inner and outward observations.

That may be your experience but it does not necessarily fit with my own. I do not fear death, that does not mean other emotions are discarded.

Rather than go down a negative route in explaining what Love is not, or what Love should not be confused with.......let me suggest simply that Love is of itself a Life Force for good.
Love is like rain or sunshine, it exists as it is.
We can choose to be with it or ignore its influence on our lives.
When there is an issue with sex and love, its not Love thats the problem, we should deal with the real problem.
When we have a problem with where our emotions lead us, its not Love thats the problem, we should deal with the real problem.
We cannot blame Love for messing up our 'love lives', we have to take responsibility for our part in whats gone wrong.

Ok, i have to disagree strongly with your comments on Empathy, i believe its possible to have empathy at hand rather than have it occur 'after the event'. Thats not empathy surely.....its more like guilt.

As for the idea that Love could be in anyway present when somebody turns to violence is for me willfully playing with words. Loving people do not and cannot commit crimes of this nature. A re definition of Love is needed here i think?

Which brings me to your ending, where you subdivided Love into eog love, sentimentality and libido.
The Love im talking about and which you bring into discussion cannnot be sobivided and made less than it is. To deconstruct in this way is negative and misleading, it then becomes easier to reinforce negative associations from our own experience.......such as your examples of 'broken love, divorce etc etc.

Yes i believe Love goes with compassion, sympathy and caring.

regards
d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby mirjana » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:22 am

Dermot, I like very much the expression you have used that Love is Life Force.
When I put this video where Osho talks about love, I mostly have done it because of his words that love is like breathing...
I do not know if I fear from death, I think I do not, but what I definitely know is that I have never had fear of showing my emotions. It is hard to come close to those who do not show their emotions as there is not a flow of communication. There are many ways to do that, as different as we are, but when we use these tools in communication with each other we can enrich our life as well as lives of others and vice versa.
Prof.Dr.Feelgood, I respect your efforts in analyzing your life experiences and putting things where they belong according to your understanding. ("I have had to analyse these feelings and put them in the proper perspective.") I think that we all do that in our way. Therefore I agree with Dermot that we do not need to dismiss anybody whose way of doing the same is different from our personal.
And yes, I also think that Love goes with compassion, sympathy and caring.
mirjana

Postby mirjana » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Dear Deep Spirits,
Today I have had a very interesting talk with my grandson who is nine. When I ask him what is the most important to him in this moment, he answered that it is Love, but not in the sense people normally consider under the meaning of this word. He said that it is not only to just love another human being, but more than that. He said that it is not easy for him to explain it to me the way he feels the meaning. His eyes were wide open in all their depth of innocence and beauty and he said:
" It is a feeling that stays always by you no matter what happens around you and you know that through that you become a complete person who knows and understands everything."
I stayed speechless. Wow…

So, one day before a new year I wish you all to feel that kind of love in the next year and to have it with so deep and innocent awareness as his is.
I wish you to enjoy each moment on the path that will bring you to such realization.
Be healthy, joyful and prosperous in that growing.

<3
mirjana

Postby profdrfeelgood » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:17 am

From my point of view, I can disagree with or say what I wish to that which I read in an open forum, if I write what I think of the most of which has been written about a subject, I will. I knew I would step on a lot of toes, when there are superficialities which are clung to..

I also think I made it clear how these emotions have affected me by describing them and that was my personal encounter which I elaborated on, to show that I, as a human, also have emotions and can encompass these loving feelings.

I also feel that it is platitudinous when one turns the factual occurrences of the body around and say it is all like rain and sunshine; although I will agree that the two elements are necessary for photosynthesis; I could also, in that train of thought say: life is cool like ice cream and the moon is like a pie in the sky. Where does all that bring us? Certainly no were closer to understanding life nor the moon.

The life force has to do with the breath, when you stop breathing you stop living, if you love or stop loving or someone or some thing stops loving you than your life still goes on and will continue on until you find a new love object.

You say love exists; love exists like thoughts and emotions exist, in the non tangible; we only see the outcome of these processes, where sunshine and rain are material. Hormones are stirring our actions and reactions, just like they are doing with everything else in our bodies. Just as they are doing to your good self when you react to what I say.

If there was empathy the world, it would not be as it is today. Everywhere I go there is unbelievable poverty, human deprivation, police states, brutality, disease, economic downfall, slavery and what ever else the demons can muster. If there was empathy than there would be prevention to these negatives, before they had occurred, because we would, being loving people, be in the forefront, before the collapse took place.

I have seen and live in the outcome of Colonialism and it does not matter where in the world one travels, people are living in the hell which is the result of those periods. There are the few rich, those who had inherited the power from the occupiers as well as their houses and armies which are entrenched. Nothing has changed, now instead of the white man mistreating the indigenous peoples; it is the residue of those entities that are doing it and it is all a form for calculated economic genocide. When I see the world as it is, I have difficulty seeing this innate empathy. Florence Nightingales are rare. The man in the gutter is most of the world, which is lying there in misery, but you do not see that on your television while the rain and sunshine fall gently upon your window pane.

I can sit with Buddhists on Sri Lanka, and they will discuss how loving their way is and what a bad man I am, because I swat flies and mosquitoes; I ask them about their war up in the north of the country and their faces change and become ugly and say all the Tamils should be killed. Loving people? I am so fond of hypocrisy! Iraq, Afghanistan, or any of the other places which are in conflict are full of loving sons, fathers, priests and imams. They are sticking knives in the eyes of innocent children and women. All because a loving leader said they should. After it is all over they go back to their respective homes and continue loving like nothing had transpired and free of guilt, because it was patriotic.

So you will say that love is what you think it is; you say it is like rain and sunshine and just is. So, at the same time I can say it is all whipped cream with a lot of cherry sauce, but what I witness, generally, is everything but loving. That would be a great foundation for an afternoon soap opera on the television.

Perhaps I am difficult to decode, but I do not think I am negative nor misleading when I look at the different aspects of the subject, as everything should be able to be looked into, understood and digested.

It is not up to me if people like or dislike what I say, that is totally up to your or a plagiarized point of view; as exceptional or as shallow it may be. I say what I mean from my own observations in this world and in my self, as my perspective is different than a nine year old. Everyone is free to take it or leave it as they see fit.

Thank you
Prof. Dr. Feelgood
profdrfeelgood

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: .
Favorite movie: .
Things I like: .
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 2

Postby Ryan » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Well... we see what we want. Don't we? Some look for the beauty in life and others look for the sadness. They all exists, but we all choose what to support and nurture in our lives...
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby Sabina » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:55 pm

Prof. Dr. Feelgood,

Your words would have more of an impact would the condescending phrases be omitted.
Phrases like "I knew I would step on a lot of toes, when there are superficialities which are clung to.." or "...that is totally up to your or a plagiarized point of view"

Person A says "There is beauty in the world, therefore the world is beautiful."
Person B says "There is ugliness in the world, therefore the world is ugly."

The world is both.... the world is neither solely kindness and love nor is it solely rape and murder.
It is both.
The existence of the one doesn't erase the existence of the other.
It is as simple as that and anyone seeing only one side to things only demonstrates their own onesidedness and their own limitations.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby dermot » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:45 pm

Profdrfeelgood, is that name chosen with irony perhaps?

Anyway, i do take on board what you say. I listen to your heart felt words about poverty, injustice and all the BAD that exists.
The rain that falls gently on my window pane is not always gentle, nor is it for anyone else i believe. Life is tough, there is no argument there. I could tell you stories of your colonialism that would bring us both down to sorrow.

You mention the need for a new 'love object' when love breaks down?

This is where we see things differently in my opinion. Love does not break down, is you stop loving someone when they leave....then you really didnt love them at all. To assume that we must be critical or resentful when love as we see it goes away is to see things as completely personalised and ego based.
What im saying is that love is what we are, we can choose to be that love in an expansive open way, or we can limit it, control it, ration it......and suffer ourselves as a result. Breath is not Love.

Its tempting to raise silly comparisons with ice cream, suggest an afternoon soap opera as the logical outcome of my leafy aspirational delusion, but i am not ridiculing your world view, im just saying in the midst of opression and hurt there remains the possibility of a different perspective.

We see the world not as it is, we see it as we are?

You end your comments by suggesting we can decide to take or leave what you have said. That would be our perogative anyway. I do not react to what you have said, but i do take some exception to the insinuation that somehow any disagreement with your own point of view is possibly plagarised, exceptional or shallow. That could be construed as being somewhat colonial in its tone?

I enjoyed your obviously heartfelt opinions.

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

PreviousNext

Return to Spirited Debate