Love

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: Love

Postby Sabina » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:12 am

crystaldart wrote:What we assume as true love are the ones that grow out of our emotions, egos, instincts, desires and passion. Everything from Mothers love, love for our family, friends and relations were all there in us before we ever thought about it. Its nature’s way of keeping this system running, not anything we can claim as ours. We consider mothers love as the most revered one. But even that is infact nature's benevolence to the child, to keep the child’s chance of survival intact.

I am not sure about this crystaldart.
Then how do you explain that some mothers do not love their children?
Or abandon them? Or hurt them? Or just simply not love them/reject them?
It would seem to me that if a mother's love is a given, then the lack of mother's love shouldn't be possible, or at least the chances should be extremely small.
Most mothers love their children... sure. But, many do not.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby crystaldart » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:24 pm

You are exactly on target Sabina. In your question itself the answer begins.

..Then how do you explain that some mothers do not love their children?
Or abandon them? Or hurt them? Or just simply not love them/reject them?....

Its same as why some people are born blind, some handicapped, some are bright, some are less intelligent. Some have character flaws, some have diseases. the list goes on. If you ask what distorts all these, then you will find a whole lot of mechanism playing out behind. This knowledge is spirituality. It is science itself but with a much deeper understanding.

Love we have know are the one we already have in us. We need them, of course. But they are just humane way of loving, nothing more.

As our life, our soul evolves so does everything associated with. Just remember the way Christ loved the people around. How Prophet Muhammad did, the love of Lord Buddha and all the great souls of our time. When you are around them, you experience a love you have never received in your entire life. Where your pain and sorrows dissolve. Answers come without questioning. These thing are not mere myths or stories, they are simply real as they come. This is one reason why it touched and changed an entire humanity across an era. We all can achieve this. That's what life is all about.
crystaldart

State of Mind or Tendency: Cheerful
Kudos: 2

Postby Ryan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:18 pm

crystaldart wrote:Just remember the way Christ loved the people around. How Prophet Muhammad did, the love of Lord Buddha and all the great souls of our time. When you are around them, you experience a love you have never received in your entire life. Where your pain and sorrows dissolve. Answers come without questioning.

I cannot remember as I did not know them... I never experienced their love...
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby crystaldart » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:48 pm

I cannot remember as I did not know them... I never experienced their love...

You are right Ryan, we cannot go back and live in their time. But things like Godly Love need to be experienced at least once, or you never know it exist. However deep we may theorize about it.

Just think about a time before Newton explained effects of Gravity. At that time things thrown up did come down, people tripped and fell, Moon went around earth. Did any one then know it was effect Gravity that they are experiencing? It was there always, but we did not know what to look for. Its kind of same here, such love in purest form or God's love is always around, only that we wont know until someone show us this at least once. Then you begin to experience them everywhere, all time. This 'Someone' is an enlightened soul, a spiritual master of such capacity to confer this experience over to us.

The presence of such Spiritual masters is inevitable in a fulfilled life. They are always there, they will always be there.

And Ryan, Just be in their vicinity once and experience it. There is no other way to understand this.
crystaldart

Postby Ryan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:13 pm

And how would I know that is what I am experiencing?
Ryan

Postby crystaldart » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Like wise men say " you will know when you are there". =0)

Experience cannot be regenerated easily and in words it is impossible. But Ryan, you definitely wont miss it when the time comes.

Let me ask you ; How did fell the first time you stood before the sea, with the high waves rushing towards you and the salty wind filling you lungs. Was it like when you were on the river banks, or riding across the lagoon?. No of course. See you cannot replicate these experience with another.

But I can say this, its effects are unique from person to person. So you have feel it you own, no one can bring it for you.
crystaldart

Postby Ryan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

So, it is possible that one can go an entire life and never experience it?
Ryan

Postby crystaldart » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:12 am

Yes, one may go an entire life without experiencing it. or in another way, without being aware of this.

That's why, over the ages, people have put much effort towards this. Some seems to be fortunate, since it kind of come to them, some yearn for it. But one thing for sure is it gives a whole new perspective to everything. Its like a splinter place in you, with effort on your part you can ignite it into a big fire, which will light your way ahead.
crystaldart

Postby Ryan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:57 pm

...One's desire to experience it can be turned into a fire... to light the way ahead to what?
Ryan

Postby crystaldart » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:40 pm

...One's desire to experience it can be turned into a fire... to light the way ahead to what?

Our dreams, imagination, desire and ambitions are built on the knowledge we already have. And with each experiences our perspective widens and that deepens our understanding of everything. The way you view things starts to change, and so will your dreams and goals be revamped. You will have new realization on what you really want and seeks a way to get it. I cannot tell you what it is, mostly no one can. It completely depends on yourself.

And also, To journey ahead of some point, you have to be at the point first.
crystaldart

PreviousNext

Return to Spirited Debate