Learn Telepathy

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Learn Telepathy

Postby Sabina » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:29 am

I think telepathy is a fascinating skill, and one I would like to develop, so here are a few tips I have found from various sources on how to develop telepathic skills.
If you have any additional tips, please add them.

What is telepathy
Telepathy is communication between minds (sender and receiver) by some means other than sensory perception.

There are 3 types of telepathy
• Physical telepathy
• Emotional telepathy
• Mental telepathy
It is said that it helps to identify which one is the most suitable for you.

Before you start
You have to believe that you can do it.
Imagine yourself succeeding, already having the skill.

Relax your mind and your body through breathing exercises, muscle stretching, etc. I would imagine Yoga to be ideal, as it encompasses everything.

Before you start, you should get to a state of being in which your mind is completely still.
Be in the now, don't think about anything at all.
This step is not easy, but very important.

Basic Telepathy Exercise
Sit down with another person, both should be equally prepared.
Decide who is the sender and who the receiver.
The sender chooses a color in their mind and focuses on it.
When the sender is ready, he/she says "Begin" and completely focuses on the chosen color.
The receiver focuses on seeing the color.
When they see a color, they say it out loud.
If it is correct, the sender says "Yes", chooses another color and start again with "Begin".
If it is incorrect, the sender says "No", and the receiver continues trying to see it.

I have "played" this with my son and it worked with 3 colors. Then it stopped. I think we both got a little too excited that it worked. :)
But, we'll keep practicing.

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Learn Telepathy

Postby mirjana » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:03 am

Interesting exercise Sabina! It goes well with the topic What if everyone was telepathic?
But, after the answer Heidi had given there, I think that such ability in this world as it is would be quite painful.
Still I shall try this with my husband.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Kris » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:34 am

My husband and I read each other’s mind all the time. One of us will say something and the other will say “I was just thinking of that”.

Once I was packing boxes for a move and this overwhelming feeling came over me. We already had three small boys and thought we were done having children. Suddenly I had this feeling there was another child for us. My husband came home and I told him about this strange moment. He had the same feeling at work at the same time. Shortly after we contacted an adoption agency. ……Unexpectedly, a birth mother showed up at our door within the week (not related to the adgency).……That is my little telepathic story that comes to mind.

This will be an interesting experiment.

Mirjana, let us know how successful you are.

Kris
Kris

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 5

Postby Sabina » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:29 pm

That's a very nice story Kris!
I would probably call that synchronicity rather than telepathy, but perhaps the two are closer related than we know. Synchronicity is one of those things that once you start paying attention, you realize it happens much more than you were previously aware.

The reason I decided to try the telepathy exercise with my son was because he read my mind a few times when he was younger, he just didn't know it. I would think of asking him something (without us having any conversation prior to this), and he would answer me, out loud.
It was little things like, I'm thinking "I should tell him to come downstairs".
A few seconds later, he replies, out loud, "I know Mama, I'm coming".
I asked him why he said that, and he looked at me surprised, and said "Because you called me!"
This happened several times in the period prior to him starting school, so a few years ago.It hasn't happened since then. My thoughts were that life got busier for him, and he started paying more attention to other things, hence less to the little things. So I am thinking... maybe we all start off that way. Maybe we are all telepathic to some extent when we are young, and we just unlearn it as life goes on, simply because we have to learn so many other things.
However, if that is true, that should also mean that we can learn it again, or maybe that is not the correct terminology.. not learn it again, but rather remember it.

Sabina
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby Kris » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Sabina wrote:That's a very nice story Kris!
I would probably call that synchronicity rather than telepathy, but perhaps the two are closer related than we know. Synchronicity is one of those things that once you start paying attention, you realize it happens much more than you were previously aware.

Sabina,

After I posted I thought the same thing.

Very cool story about your son. I wonder how we as mothers can help continue to nurture that gift in our children.

Thinking about the series of events that led this little guy to our home, what would that be called? There is no doubt in my mind that it was meant to be. Providence maybe? Divine appointment? It certainly feels like it was orchestrated.

K
Kris

Kudos: 5

Postby Sabina » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:20 pm

That's a good question Kris...

providence
-noun
1. the foreseeing care and guidance of God or nature over the creatures of the earth.
2. God, esp. when conceived as omnisciently directing the universe and the affairs of humankind with wise benevolence.
3. a manifestation of divine care or direction.
4. provident or prudent management of resources; prudence.
5. foresight; provident care.

It certainly does seem to fit by definition, whether you believe in God (religion) or a different kind of supreme being or Force, or any of the many alternate words.

synchronicity
-noun
1.The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchronism.
2. Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

By the way, one of Jung's favorite quotes on synchronicity was:

"It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
From "Through the Looking-Glas", by Lewis Carroll

I thought that was nice. :)

Sabina
Sabina

Postby anil60 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:55 am

hi

A very informative and nice article, but do they always turn true?
anil60

Personality: Extrovert
Kudos: 0

Postby mirjana » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi Anil,

Truth about anything come to us if we are receptive, which means open.
If you get information that touches you, that is the first sign that you resonate with it. Second, it shows that it is the time for you to take part in this journey open to see what will come.
Recognizing synchronicity is the very first sign that the process of inner transformation has started, as it shows that one is open to see outside the walls.

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby Heidi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:59 am

I always play this kind of game, the "guessing" game, with my young students.
They try to send or receive images, numbers, letters of the alphabet or colours.
Children are excellent at this. They can often read my mind successfully, while I am not as successful in reading theirs.

I remember once, when we were playing with a common deck of cards, one of my students, aged 7, managed to successfully "guess" 10 out of 10 cards. I asked him,"black or red" and I tried to send him the colour by thinking of something red, like a poppy, or something black, like a black pair of shoes. I was amazed!
Heidi

State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 17

Telepathy as a personal coach

Postby mirjana » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:18 am

There is one interesting possibility that every one of us can practice, which is to have a conversation in own mind with a person or group or institution with whom one wants to realize a communication or to achieve a certain goal .
Actually telepathy is somehow connected with the law of attraction and works therefore as a bridge with the same source of information as intuition does. It is an instrument of mind to connect us with this center of attracting that what we would like to achieve.

You visualize that what you want like it is happening now (law of attraction), actually sending your thoughts over cosmic waves toward those who are going to be receptors. This programmed telepathy, a bit more than practicing a game with a child, but actually using the same principle, works.

Mirjana
mirjana

Next

Return to Mysticism