La Linea

Visual communication and a modern art form.
Movie tips, inspiring animations and associations.

La Linea

Postby mirjana » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:51 pm

IN 1987 Osvaldo Cavandoli created La Linea, great animation which was later recognized worldwide and today the expression of this idea is as alive as the idea itself.
The following video is a little talk between the author and his creation. In this talk he explained to his little character that it became famous, but without his hand it wouldn't be possible. Besides, he says that even when he, Osvaldo Cavandoli, will not be here anymore; the character will be as it became eternal.
I like this nice illustration what actually art is. What Cavandoli knew even if he didn't point that, was that the author also enters into eternity.

Little talk between Cavandoli and La Linea.

It is very impressive way how Cavandoli expresses how people mostly approach life, obstacles, responsability, learning and many more. I love his art.
Osvaldo Cavandoli (January 1, 1920 – March 3, 2007), whose pen name was Cava, was Italian cartoonist most famous work for his series of short animated cartoons, La Linea ("The Line").
Born in Maderno sul Garda, Italy, he moved to Milan when he was two years old. He became an honorary citizen of Milan. From 1936 to 1940 he worked as a technical designer for Alfa Romeo. Developing his interest in cartoons , in 1943 he started working with Nino Pagot, who later created Calimero. He started working independently in 1950 as a director and a producer. He became famous for his La Linea, a simply drawn cartoon, first appearing in 1969.
It grew into a seriesinto many series and in 1978 and 1988 he developed two new characters: sexlinea and eroslinea.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: La Linea

Postby Sabina » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:38 pm

I knew La Linea, but I hadn't heard about the two "new characters", so I looked it up.

Here is a Eroslinea video clip

...and here is Sexilinea (by the way, it's sexilinea, not sexlinea :)

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: La Linea

Postby HGolightly » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Mirjana & Sabina,

Thank you for the beautiful posting of Osvaldo Cavandoli's animated clips. In watching them, I felt as if I had seen them before, but I'm sure I have not. I think it was the "alive" Italiano expression of emotion of Linea in the different clips that was the most familiar to me.

I especially loved your pointing out this statement "Besides, he says that even when he, Osvaldo Cavandoli, will not be here anymore; the character will be as it became eternal. I like this nice illustration what actually art is. What Cavandoli knew even if he didn't point that, was that the author also enters into eternity."

Quite the visionary and artist! Bellissimo!!

un bacio,
Holly
HGolightly

Personality: Ambivert
State of Mind or Tendency: Cheerful
Kudos: 15

Return to Movies