Kundalini Awakening

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Kundalini Awakening

Postby Sabina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm

__4__

What is Kundalini Energy?

Kundalini is a dormant energy within most peple.

In Hindu mythology, Kundalini is a serpent goddess who lies asleep at the base of the spine, coiled three and a half times around the first chakra. Her name is Kundalini Shakti, and she represents the unfolding of the divine Shakti energy, the energizing potential of life itself, a living goddess who enlivens all things.

Under certain circumstances, the Kundalini energy awakens and begins to rise through the body, piercing and opening the chakras as she moves in her undulating, snake-like fashion. As Kundalini releases stored and blocked energies, her movement can be quite intense, sometimes painful, and often leads to mental states that seem out of this world.

Circumstances that stimulate Kundalini awakening are many and varied, but are usually triggered by such things as extended periods of meditation, yoga, fasting, stress, trauma, psychedelic drugs, or near death experiences.

Kundalini is a condensed, primal force, similar to the potential energy found in water. When released, it creates a vertical connection between the chakras by opening the subtle channels known as nadi, most specifically, the central channel that moves up the spine called sushumna. If we put water through a small hose at very high pressure, the end of the hose will undulate like a snake. Similarly, the intense energy of Kundalini undulates in the body as it rises through the chakras.

Kundalini can also be seen as a result of the chakras connecting to each other. Theoretically, as the chakras enlarge, the spinning of one can enchance the spinning of the one above or below it.

Kundalini is basically a healing force, but its effects can sometimes be quite unpleasant. Such effects may last for minutes, days, months, or even years.

__4__

Now this video shows Kundalini energy raising... they exaggerated "a bit" with the dramatic Carmina Burana music in my opinion (must add that to the list of music though), but...

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Kundalini Awakening

Postby Heidi » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:47 am

Yes, the video is a bit scary.
As I was watching it, I wondered if Kundalini has anything to do with spontaneous self-combustion.
I don't know, just wondering...
Heidi

State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 17

Postby Randall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:17 am

Here are some of the symptoms:

Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.

Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body

Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations

Intense heat or cold

Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; feeling an inner force pushing one into postures or moving one's body in unusual ways. (May be misdiagnosed as epilepsy, restless legs syndrome (RLS), or PLMD.)

Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns

Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue (some CFS victims are experiencing Kundalini awakening)

Intensified or diminished sexual desires

Headaches, pressures within the skull

Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest

Digestive system problems

Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)

Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck (Many cases of FMS are Kundalini-related.)

Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression

Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping) -- are as unintentional and uncontrollable as hiccoughs

Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.

Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating

Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual's prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity)

Heat, strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area.

Ecstasy, bliss and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion

Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences; pastlife memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and chakras; contact with spirit guides through inner voices, dreams or visions; healing powers

Increased creativity: new interests in self-expression and spiritual communication through music, art, poetry, etc.

Intensified understanding and sensitivity: insight into one's own essence; deeper understanding of spiritual truths; exquisite awareness of one's environment (including "vibes" from others)
    For me this occurred like a massive computer download, LOTS of information all at once.

Enlightenment experiences: direct Knowing of a more expansive reality; transcendent awareness
Last edited by Randall on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral

Postby Randall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:47 am

Here are some things you can do to help you through the process:

First and foremost is to understand that while its uncomfortable, its a natural process and can be very beautiful.

Drink lots of clear liquids and stay away from caffeine. Mineral water is the best.

Frequent showers. It will help ground you and cleanse your energy field.

A low carb diet and staying away from wheat and dairy is also beneficial.

Dive in to your creative outlets. If your a painter, PAINT. If your a writer, WRITE. What ever it is that you have found that facilitates your creative needs, immerse yourself in them.

Talk about what your feeling. Communication has a wonderful calming affect and will also allow you to get the most out of the experiences in terms of understanding. Keeping a journal is also beneficial.

Dont fight against it. Allow it to flow. Fighting against it brings up some of the more harmful side-affects.

Also, dont try to push the process along. This too can bring you some painful side affects.

Physical exercise is a big plus as well.

Working with the earth, especially for women, has an excellent grounding effect.

Be conscious of the thoughts and feelings you have that are related to the experience, it goes a long way toward giving yourself the tools for dealing with the extremes.

DO NOT JUDGE YOUR EXPERIENCES.. Some of the experiences you may face during this time in your life can often bring up painful experiences from your past or emotions you have kept below the surface. Treat these times with TLC and let go of any judgement you might have surrounding it.

Give yourself a routine if you can. This is often rather difficult as the Kundalini energy has a mind of its own and it can cause insomnia and significantly alter your bio-rhythms. However, if you can give yourself time to meditate each day, time to utilize your creativity each day, time to exercise.... etc. it will go a long way toward making this transition go smoothly and with less discomfort.

I hope this helps,
Randall <3
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby theadvertheretic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:37 am

An excellent topic! Sabina, I could exclaim with the joy and yell the 'dirty' word. =0@

Randall, high-five.

I would relate with a very short real story. Some piece from my life.

This one night, about 1:30 AM, I had locked myself out of my own house. Since I had to meet my other-half at the moment. I had very heavy curfews. We had talked about the meet for quite sometime. I was facing bankruptcy, since my guardian had found out that I had started with "weeding" my ways/ So I had spoken to him about a book-fair. He did shell out some 500 Rupees. I was surprised. So, then I see Prii (Prii = her) online. She, talks to me about how emotionally deranged she is feeling that night and her office would give up by 2:30 PM. So, I find the main gate of the society locked. I stay and make a call and explain how I cannot come and at the very moment the some car comes and the guard steps out (The Guard is a very ambiguous person most liable to tell on you). As I cross the street, an auto - rickshaw stops right in-front of me. I hop in, very amazed how opportunities. I reach her office and then we get another one. (It is surprising because during winter days you do not find much conveyance.)
I bloat on some whiskey and a joint and I have a good time. But what was surprising was how money came to me, the conveyance and the opportunity to be with Prii.

It shall be a mark on memory.

I mean it really would be sad if we get excited and not have mediums. I think it's a backward flow of energy. First the result, then the medium and then the thought. And when you see the path. Eureka!

=0D

Thank You all! For beautifying this topic. (What I say i meant to be, always) ;0)
महीप

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
theadvertheretic

State of Mind or Tendency: Adventurous - male
Kudos: 7

Postby Sabina » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Heidi wrote:Yes, the video is a bit scary.
As I was watching it, I wondered if Kundalini has anything to do with spontaneous self-combustion.
I don't know, just wondering...

Heidi,
*KISS* *Big hug*
Let's just say that outcome did cross my mind... =0@

Randall,
Thank you...
"...stay away from caffeine." -There's that line again! lol
Randall wrote:Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck (Many cases of FMS are Kundalini-related.)

What is FMS?

"Not judging the experience" stood out amongst the advice (other than caffeine :), because I think I am, or was, or did judge it in some way. Grounding definitely seems like good advice, perhaps there lay the problem, or the intensity. I haven't been grounding myself at all lately.

Maheep,
Thank you for the story. I can relate to Prii feeling emotionally deranged. The same phrase crossed my mind as well. :)
And events kind of unfolding in front of you is a beautiful experience.

Love to you all!
Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Randall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:15 pm

FMS is Fibromyalgia Syndrome

For myself, kundalini is most active during a major shift in my consciousness. Those major shifts often feel like earthquakes as the reality I'd been standing on suddenly changes. The kundalini acts like the adrenaline rush we experience in times of crisis or elation.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby GenerousGeorge » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:54 am

I don't have time for Kundalini...... I'm 68 and have a 13 and 16 year old. 80S
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Return to Mysticism