Just been thinking...

Exercise your mind through 'what if' scenarios, moral
dilemmas, brain teasers & other playful ways.

Just been thinking...

Postby Ryan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 am

So, yeah... I have been doing some work that enables the mind to kind of wander... and while it was wandering it stumbled across the thought of (in Big Echoing Voice) "The Return of Christ"!!

I can't remember exactly what the thought process was that brought me to it but it had something to do with how judgmental most "Good Christian Folk" are. (This is of course only speaking from my own personal experience) It has been my experience that most "Christians" condemn all kinds of people for being "Lost" in some way... and then I generally always try to "spin" things around and look at the "Christian" behavior through the "eyes of God" (if you will)... I do take into consideration that "God is a forgiving God" and that he "knows all, sees all" and therefore he "knows" a "good Christian"... So, keeping all this in mind I thought about what might happen when the famed "Return of the King" takes place... and I couldn't, for the life of me, escape the idea that the "good Christians" would probably wind up "crucifying" him (or maybe he'll be a she?) again. I mean... can you imagine someone nowadays speaking up and saying they are Christ incarnate? It would be perfect! Right?

Which leads me to believe that if it did happen, and they did (symbolically speaking) "crucify" him again... that they never really believed that he would return, right?

Anyway "Imagination Exercises"... think about it...
=0X
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Re: Just been thinking...

Postby mirjana » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 am

Interesting thoughts Ryan. By “Good Folk” believing often means having something to talk about or to work about. Although it is sad, I also think that "Good Folk" would repeat their job, because if it did happen, "Good Folk" would lose their stage for performance.
It is like pharmaceutical industry. Their interest is not to have healthy people, but the opposite. Unfortunately such laws govern the world.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby dermot » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Ryan.......this is kind of random, but do you remember hearing the Eastern story about where was the best place to hide Love?
Eventually so the story goes the best place to hid Love was within the heart of Man....because nobody thinks to look there?

Kind of true in terms of this topic too i think

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby peaceandlovegirl » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:27 am

I know what you mean about most Christians because I go to a Christian school. Its frustrating and true that most Christians are intolerant and rude but I have also met Christians who are smart and accepting. I myself am a Christian. I have actually wondered many times what will happen if and when Jesus comes back. I would try my best to be kind to anyone, including someone who says that they are Christ. I think that real Christians would be able to tell if a person who called himself Christ was really Christ or not. Because in the Bible the people who crucified Jesus were religious but they were also intolerant bigots. Jesus said that we should be non-violent and loving. So there are definitely Christians who do not life their lives according to God but then there are also Christians who do their best to be good followers. I'm not sure if I'm a good Christian or not but I try my best :)
peaceandlovegirl

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: The Scarlet Letter
Favorite movie: V for Vendetta
Things I like: Studying other beliefs and religions from my own, listening to classic rock, having conversations with people, discussing religion and politics.
I love watching really good movies like Fight Club, Across The Universe, No Country For Old Men, Taxi Driver, V For Vendetta and Let the Right One In.
I'm an artist, a pacifist, a patriotic American, an anarchist, a hippie and a christian.
I am obsessed with The Beatles.
State of Mind or Tendency: Cheerful
Kudos: 0

Postby Rachel » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:40 am

Hmmm...well one would have to subscribe to the crucifixtion theory (or crucifiction?). I don't believe that it all happened the way it was described in the Scriptures.

What's to say that Christ hasn't been here all along?
Rachel

Favorite book: The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis
Favorite movie: Dogma
Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 3

Postby Jade » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:49 pm

Chessa wrote:What's to say that Christ hasn't been here all along?

Chessa,
I like that, excellent remark and good question.
Or even more concretely put, what's to say that Christ isn't here right now.
I hardly think he or she would then travel to the Vatican to announce himself/herself, or anything like that.
Furthermore, the church as such is not a free and loving institution, and therefore "Christ" couldn't possibly approve of it.
Gandhi pinned it down when he said "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

peaceandlovegirl,
Surely not all Christians are hypocrites, I can agree to that, and I certainly do not condemn any man nor any woman simply for being Christian.
But the majority are, just as those in power have been hypocrites throughout the history of Christianity.
    "A Jade stone is useless before it is processed;
    a man is good-for-nothing until he is educated."

Chinese proverb
Jade

Kudos: 7

Return to Imagination Exercises