Is it wrong to ask ?

Exploring psychology, sociology, social studies and experiments, applied psychology, education & pedagogy, personality psychology.

Re: Is it wrong to ask ?

Postby Metatron » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:52 am

It shouldn't be wrong to ask! Who knows how many good ideas never got to be born, simply because the questions leading to them never got a chance to be asked?

I could see it took you a lot of courage to post your question though... But anyway, I have to agree with Ryan. The whole idea of nations and borders is simply ridiculous if you look at it from today's perspective.

I can see why forming groups and putting them into opposition made sense in the past (and by past I mean thousands of years ago, when language was still an embryo in its mother's womb). I'd even say it was the most obvious way to go. But nowadays we have so many things joining us together - the internet is probably the most significant example from our recent history.

Honestly, I have to laugh (and despair) at people on TV and in the papers, who try to look so serious and act like politics and economy are the most important things in the world. Well, considering that the vast majority of the world is living in the eye of these systems, it would be foolish to say they're not important at all. Everything that affects you is important. Nevertheless, it's an artificial system and thus the problems arising from it are artificial as well.

Just imagine this situation: your family buys the board game Monopoly. Let's say you lose and decide that since you have no more game money left, you won't eat and you will kill some of your family members to take their game money.

Reactions:
=0o ("No way...!")
80| ("Wait, what!")
=0@ ("Oh, I see, good one...")

(Analogy stolen - or borrowed - from the latest Zeitgeist movie)

It sounds like a ridiculous idea, but there's really no difference between game money and real money. Except maybe that the latter is made of more fancy material and has all these security thingies on it. However, it's the same system.

Now, I may have gone slightly off topic but in a way, it's all connected and at the end of the day, money is a big player in the problems of this world - if not the only one.

We're all humans and we can all think - that's all everybody needs to know about everybody else. Those two attributes are your birth rights, those two attributes are what everybody gets (not in equal ammounts, though). Skin color, language, nationality... completely irrelevant things when it comes to individuals. There's absolutely no need for borders today. It actually beats me that when you put natural disasters aside, every single problem we can have is artificial with the big artificial god standing behind them - money.
Who the hell is it you try to impress?

All you have to do is learn to care less!
Metatron

Personality: Ambivert
State of Mind or Tendency: Sleepy
Kudos: 13

Postby ubermensch » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:15 am

Thanks for the reply .
Allow me to put on my clown suit , because you are right , its a circus out there. My reaction to the aforementioned situation was wrong . However I was not wrong in pointing out this situation. Nor am I seeing the situation incorrectly . I was reading a narration of the Bhagavad Gita by Osho last night and I came across a chapter where Arjuna is giving reasons to Krishna why he shouldnt be fighting his own people and what would happen if he did ... its as follows.

' Hence O Krishna, it is not worthy of us
to kill the sons of Dhhritarashtra - our own kinsmen.
For how can we gain happiness
By killing our own people?

'Even though these people,
whose sensibilities are already ravaged by greed,
cannot see the wrongness of destroying their own people
and the sin of betraying friends.

'But Krishna! Why should not we,
who are aware of this sin
and can see the wrongness that comes from doing this ,
avoid it?

'As the clan weakens,
Its virtuous traditions decline,
and many transgressions arise within it.

'As these transgressions increase ,
the women of the clan become corrupt.
And once the women are corrupt, O Krishna,
descendant of the Vrishni clan,
spurious births take place.

'These spurious offspring, these destroyers of clan,
are simply doors to hell.
And the forefathers also fall
because the ritual offerings to them
have been forgotten.

'The good and ancient traditions of the clan and its lineage
disappear because of these defects
caused by such clan-destroying offspring.

'O Krishna, those who have lost their noble clan traditions
dwell forever in hell.
Thus I have heard.'

In order for Arjuna to conquer his Kingdom (the mind) he must kill (their influence) his family for sole possession . But Arjuna struggles with this as you can see and comes up with every excuse not to slay them, but Krishna brings him back to the fight every time.
Its comforting to see such characters such as Arjuna go through trials and tribulations like the ones I now face . I think more people struggle with this same situation than would like to admit , then there are those who never even acknowledge it exists , and still those who are so far beyond such trivialities they acknowledge it , but never think of it as a problem. It would seem this last type would be of the mind (like Krishna)to approach this problem with advice and solutions rather than simply saying its a crazy world put your head back in the sand . It seems irresponsible to think "leave this to my "masters" (politicians) to handle" when they are as corrupt as the men who pay them off because they are too cowardice to do it themselves. So anyway I have more to read tonight , perhaps I will find my answers , as for you feeling uncomfortable reading my question or questions , I suppose you thought it was wrong of me to ask . As for me , I think it might only have been wrong if I hadnt asked . Thanks again for the reply . .... ....
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Postby ubermensch » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:29 am

Thanks ... Ive allowed this idea to consume me. Not one day has passed since this post that I have not had some form of internal dialogue about this subject matter . There are times I think it doesnt bother me at all , like my reply to Ryan . While I have no problem with cross cultural influence , it would seem I do have a problem with what seems to be a systematic destruction of a race . Perhaps I am more racist than I would like to admit. Hell , i dont know.
As to your video , Ive given it plenty of thought as well , and im reminded of how lighter colored mexicans make up the upper class and the darker mexicans are relatively regarded as fruit pickers. We will always have variations of skin color . Not to mention I try to stay as far away from hollywood when trying to make up my mind on decisions like this .
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Previous

Return to Psychology