Instrumental Music

That ancient art form whose medium is sound.
Melody, harmony, rhythm and inspiration.

Instrumental Music

Postby Sabina » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:30 pm

I am opening this topic with a haunting piece by Ennio Morricone, from the movie "The Legend of 1900".
The repetition of the same sequence, reminiscent of Philip Glass' music, with that third tone slightly off, makes it incredibly memorable and sets a very distinct feeling and mood.

"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Instrumental Music

Postby mirjana » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:05 pm

I love this topic Sabina. I also like very much the way you describe how music influences you. As I am not as good in describing my feelings about music, I shall borrow one of your descriptions from your homepage, http://www.sabinanore.com/. BTW, the whole site is beautiful, but for this occasion I choose your comment from the music section: http://www.sabinanore.com/music/musical-orgasms/ This description corresponds very nice to my feelings about the music I have chosen for this topic, Philip Glass and The Hours:
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: Instrumental Music

Postby mirjana » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:35 am

This young man is a master on Cello. I enjoy tremendously this interpretation of Luka Šulić playing de Falla Ritual Fire Dance with CELLOMANIA CROATA

mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Return to Music