IN SEARCH OF...

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

IN SEARCH OF...

Postby Jonesjonathan635 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:22 am

Most of us have had some description of a spiritual experience or moment in time when you have felt God, the Divine or the other realm of another world. The moment has come and touched some of our lives to pass by and then with others the moment has stopped us in our tracks and we came to the realization that there was an existence of God, of the Divine realm and made the decision to believe it and learn more. We diligently attend religious and spiritual meetings, we perform spiritual acts of worship, we buy books, we go to seminars, we listen to CD’s and DVD’s we chase after knowledge of the Divine and we exhaust our minds, bodies and souls for the deep desire to have another Divine appointment and experience.

When we have that moment, the experience changes us and we know that there is something other than what we have known on this earth. It gives us instant relief, peace, clarity and a purifying of soul .Even though it is the experience that has changed us we find ourselves in pursuit of knowledge eventually coming to the relentless conclusion, if pursued long enough that knowledge and experience cannot replace one another.

I don’t want to be a priest… I just want to know, feel, experience God as much as possible. Do you have to be a priest? Does the Divine Order of creation have a hierarchy? Can only the elect, the special, the chosen get privy VIP status to the Divine…. Leaving the rest of us to wonder, to experience being lost, blind and deaf only to depend on others for religious spiritual information not really knowing where that information came from. Do we end up finding ourselves putting our faith in God, the Divine and our trust in others to tell us what to do to keep Divine Order in our lives. I am not demoting the fact that there are individuals that are placed on our paths to help us along our journey. In actuality, there are many that are used to help us, teach us, heal us and guide us along the way. We are connected by the creator, creation itself and the energy that keep’s it’s constant perfect order. If there is one thing we should have learned as humans by now is that we do need each other to exist and our connectiveness achieves the better good for all mankind.

Spirituality has it’s dual purpose in one respect it gives us the gift of (at- oneness) – (atonement) with God, the Divine and Creation and yet, on the other hand it connects us to creation and teaches us to draw strength from the Divine that is not only within but that surrounds us constantly. Both are equally important to create a peaceful balance in our spirit so that we do not lose sight of the reason we exist is to fulfill our infinite purpose and not just what we feel that we are here to do on this planet.

The Divine order and infinite power that is available to all. The sun will gracefully resign this evening, the moon will joyfully rise, the plants will explode with flowers, the rivers will extend their arms to their to source and we will restfully sleep, constantly awake, give birth and slowly die without direction, rules or effort. Creation within the boundaries of time move constantly in perfect order. Creation in the Divine Infinite Order of God are constant and perfect without boundaries of time, space or lack.
Jonesjonathan635

Favorite book: harry potter
Favorite movie: haeey potter and twilight
Things I like: guitar, my cellphone
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 0

Re: IN SEARCH OF...

Postby dermot » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Dear Jonesjonathan635, i confess to being physically exhausted after reading your post =0D .

I do think the big search for God/Meaning/Whats it all about......is conducted primarily without, people go in frantic search of something that can only be found within, they search endlessly, become caught up in existential ego trips and fruitless journeys of the mind.

What we are all searching for is im sure within, in our hearts which is the last place most of us have been taught to look. We are God, knowing ourselves is to know God. To know God, we must accept ourselves, when we accept ourselves we can accept others and they become our teachers, from them we learn even more about ourselves...and we get closer to God.

It is too easy to become tangled by mind games, our own mind games.

Becoming still, observing our thoughts, detaching from our thoughts and finding the Observer of our thoughts enables us to view what cannot be seen otherwise. We are our own path to freedom and understanding.
Appointing another to be our guide will probably lead to disappointment, unless we come to know our own divinity we cannot follow anothers to awareness.

Stillness, meditation, good books, inspiring works of art, the beauty of nature, and an understanding of what Love is, and that it is all we need are the signposts on the pathway to where we all want to go.

Thats my understanding...! Welcome to DS !

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Postby mirjana » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi Jonesjonathan635 ,
Welcome to DS!
In your first post you have put many questions. Already that shows the way to answers, as each of your question has the answer within it.
After Dermot, everything I would say would be just a repetition and maybe not so well said. He explains so much in this part of his answer:
"What we are all searching for is I'm sure within, in our hearts which is the last place most of us have been taught to look. We are God, knowing ourselves is to know God. To know God, we must accept ourselves, when we accept ourselves we can accept others and they become our teachers, from them we learn even more about ourselves...and we get closer to God."

Actually, at the end of his answer there are few very practical advice how to find easier this centre in our being where all answers are hidden waiting to be revealed.

PS: In the "Philip's Gospel" , which is the Gnostic text from the 1st century, one can read that disciples asked Jesus:"Tell us how can we enter the Kingdom of your Father?
And Jesus answered:"When you are able to put your hand where your hand already is, you will enter my Father's kingdom."
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby elephantman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Mirjana,

Could you please expand on Philip's Gospel "Tell us how can we enter the Kingdom of your Father?
And Jesus answered:"When you are able to put your hand where your hand already is, you will enter my Father's kingdom." Thank you.
elephantman

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Jane Ayre
Favorite movie: onion field
Things I like: Books, Music, the outdoors, friends, cooking, tennis, horses,
State of Mind or Tendency: Angelic
Kudos: 0

Postby mirjana » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:44 pm

From "Paracelsus" by Rober Browning
TRUTH is within ourselves; it takes no rise
From outward things, whate’er you may believe.
There is an inmost centre in us all,
Where truth abides in fullness; and around,
Wall upon wall, the gross flesh hems it in,
This perfect, clear perception—which is truth.
A baffling and perverting carnal mesh
Binds it, and makes all error: and, to KNOW,
Rather consists in opening out a way
Whence the imprisoned splendour may escape,
Than in effecting entry for a light
Supposed to be without.

When you become aware of something that already IS, then you are there where you are striving to be.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Return to Spirited Debate