Illusion

Exploring psychology, sociology, social studies and experiments, applied psychology, education & pedagogy, personality psychology.

Re: Illusion

Postby Sabina » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:34 pm

I have to say it Ryan, here officially, it is such a pleasure to read your explanation.

Ryan wrote:However, where illusions are present there are generally repeated injuries of a similar nature because they failed to learn from the previous injury. They have, instead, dressed it up in pretty clothing and therefore it isn't something to avoid... and so they continue to be sucked into similar situations for the same reasons they were the first time.

Yes, exactly!
Living an illusion is a conscious agreement to live without consciousness!
How can unconscious living ever be a choice?

Like Ryan said, "it is a defense to keep from feeling pain... but it isn't to give pain free healing time.. it is to avoid healing all together..."
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby dermot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Yummy, yummy, yummy....nail hit on the head Ryan!

What gets me going is that its difficult enough living ones own life consciously...to avoid the perils of Illusion in oneself, without having to deal with others issusions impacting on one's own life.
Personally i have to devote lots of time and mental energy to know the best way to deal with unconscious behaviour in others.

Its not a problem, because the alternative is to be a 'walking ghost', breathing in second hand air, being reactive to everything. What a waste of a life. Give me struggle anyday, life is about progress not perfection, we could choose to swim in circles easily.

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Postby profdrfeelgood » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:11 pm

The only reality, if we can call it that, is that one exists. Awareness is ubiquitous and the self is individual. Everything else is an illusion. Everyone who lives in a society, on this planet, is taken down and illusionary garden path; pacted in their own form for indoctrination, social norms, taboos, rituals and biased education. The world’s populations are put through a spin from conception, when any one, along the way, realizing that fact they will quickly be educated back to the right think by peer pressure or the overwhelming propaganda. It does not matter which country one is born in, which political or religious systems one follows, you are following the little bouncing ball which was put there to keep you busy so as not to formulate questions, but most importantly to keep you as far away, as systematically possible, from finding yourself; your true self.

By gratifying and strengthening the ego through material things, creating wants and desires in the mind; therewith the need to defend and protect them as well. Also the intangible mind occupiers as your flag, country, patriotism, nationalism and the local god or hero and religious systems are constantly revered. The self is channeled and lost in all the colored blinking lights and inconsequential thoughts and desires. This is all a hard nut to crack, much less getting one's eyes on the situation, as the fortified ego just cannot accept that there is a greater life inside the human self then the adornment of its exterior.

Therefore whoever you may think you are and which ever group you think you belong to is an illusion. When you look into the mirror you see a reflection of lights and atoms, but you are led to believe that you are seeing, the reflection of your self either something beautiful or ugly, depending and according to the local tastes and fashion; actually the only thing you are seeing is the raw outside. You can put on makeup, modern clothing and funny hats, but that again is illusionary to try to fool yourself and onlookers; the reality it is not any of these; the reality is that you are a slave to illusion.
Prof. Dr. Feelgood
profdrfeelgood

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: .
Favorite movie: .
Things I like: .
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 2

Postby dermot » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Welcome profdrfeelgood to DS, i enjoyed your writing. I also wondered if you accept that its possible to step out of illusion, or as your last line suggested to me - is it not really possible?

Personally i think it is, we can choose to reject the outer stimuli and learn more about oursleves by becoming more aware, thereby freeing ourselves from inadvertent slavery.

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Kudos: 52

Postby profdrfeelgood » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:12 pm

The self and the finding of it and most importantly being it, is the only way to break illusion or Maya. But of course the big question is ‘Who are you?’ What you may think or believe you are is possibly an illusion as well. Who ever it is behind your eyelids, in a quiet place, without outside stimuli may come close to the self; which is only awareness. To differ with Descartes; I am, because I am aware. Everything else is superficial.
What I am referring to when I postulate that you (in pluralis) are a slave of illusion, is the brainwash is so strong that the majority of any population is led on by all the diversions possible to keep the ego-self occupied, because what government wished to have individuals walking around, these kinds of people may go and start thinking and that leads to all kinds of problems for a state.

The self is non dualistic, it is one with everything, its origins is in the current big bang and will continue on until the next one; as above so below.
Prof. Dr. Feelgood
profdrfeelgood

Postby mirjana » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:30 pm

Do you know about Gnostic Intensive? This is one of ways to find out the answers on the questions:
-Who am I?
- Who is another human being?
ect.
But, those answers are only your truth about it not the stuff you have been learned or influenced about.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby profdrfeelgood » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:29 am

I do not know who you are, that is your business, but I have used my life to find out who I am.

The last sentance from my book:

They said when I was a youth that I probably would not be to much, because of my attitude.
I fooled them all. I ended up becoming absolutly nothing
Prof. Dr. Feelgood
profdrfeelgood

Postby ubermensch » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Self interest.
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Previous

Return to Psychology