Humbled by inspiration from unlikely sources

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Humbled by inspiration from unlikely sources

Postby drodgers37069 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:29 pm

There are remarkable times in my life that occur during seemingly innocuous events and among wholly unremarkable circumstances. There are also apparently people whose inclination and intention combine to present an entirely unique perspective and allows them to articulate a truth. Not heroes, not supermen, not even normal humans. But broken, damaged and dis-eased, souls struggling to make their way among the morons and maniacs. They manipulate the naive, and persecuting the inane. they use, misuse and abuse as necessary and leave weeping, worn, and wiser victims in their wake.

When that all fails and they find themselves at that point of pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization, that jumping off point, they face the facts with aprehension, and begin a new journey along a novel path

That in itself is laudable. Worthy of respect and admiration. But tonight I was privileged , honored and more than a little humbled by the stark honesty, and the blatant disregard for politically correct decorum. I heard someone share the unmitigated and unvarnished rigorous truth of their pain. Face terror, bewilderment, frustration, and despair with such an unabashed courage that the simple conviction took my breath away.

My history bears but brief tangential similarities, my path is one of adjacent challenges, and my values have emerged from a very different heredity. My personal beliefs are wildly divergent and inescapably obtuse, but they lead me inevitably to a shared path and common journey. The conjoined worship of a fellowship of vitality.

We have found a way that helps. A method to alleviate the log jam at the confluence of the voices in our heads and the expectations of the rest of the planet. We are tutored in this way by other travelers who are further down the path. The distance of their journey measured not in miles or moments but by faithful application of principles learned.

Those who embrace the necessity and dive headlong into the process, do not become gurus. They don't jump onto their soapboxes and preach the virtue of their epiphany. they don't demand compliance or discipleship. They don't even command respect and deference. They live lives of quiet introspection and commit themselves to avocations of service.

Even these most honorable actions are more common than we might expect. What really separates the truly inspired is the ease and comfort that comes at once when given the opportunity to open their hearts and bare their damaged souls with no expectation of praise.

there is little better than watching and hearing someone not only lay bare their deepest and darkest damage. But to recognize as well the value it brings to those exposed.

Wow, sometimes I am amazed and pleasantly surprised to find inspiration in unlikely sources.........

Thanks for sharing......
drodgers37069

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: God is not Great
Favorite movie: Bob Dylan
Things I like: Sarcasm and witticisms, irreverence cleverly presented, Skewering of sacred cows, fishing, golf, coffee with friends and learning,
State of Mind or Tendency: Feisty
Kudos: 1

Re: Humbled by inspiration from unlikely sources

Postby Ryan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Hello...D. Rodgers...?

That was quite an introduction and thank you for sharing as well! Your words are quite poetic... I "assumed" at first you were referring to DS (Deep Spirits) with:
drodgers37069 wrote:But tonight I was privileged , honored and more than a little humbled by the stark honesty, and the blatant disregard for politically correct decorum. I heard someone share the unmitigated and unvarnished rigorous truth of their pain. Face terror, bewilderment, frustration, and despair with such an unabashed courage that the simple conviction took my breath away.

...but on further thought... maybe I was off... maybe it was something else and you were just inspired to share...? Either way, I'm glad you did and welcome you.
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Re: Humbled by inspiration from unlikely sources

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:33 pm

I too would love to know the source of your inspiration! =0)
Rachel

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis
Favorite movie: Dogma
Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 3

Return to Spirited Debate