How You came to be You

Exploring psychology, sociology, social studies and experiments, applied psychology, education & pedagogy, personality psychology.

Re: How You came to be You

Postby mirjana » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Heidi wrote:Whatever we are now, the way we feel and act, our ideas and feelings are all of our own choice. A choice that was made before we were born. Just like actors, we choose the role we want to play on this stage and the other actors in the same play come to be our friends and family.

It doesn't matter if the character we play is of the hero or the villain because it's just a role. Just like actors we collect the experience from many different roles until we become so good at acting, as to win the Oscar Award!

I absolutely believe in reincarnation. Each of our lifetimes takes us closer to our ultimate goal, whatever that is. For me it's self realization and God realization, which may seem as two different things but in fact they are one.

It expresses my approach completely. As a numerologist, in my 'in person sessions’ I very often explain with exactly the same words to my clients the general approach to the Life Path from the numerology science point of view.
That is one of the reasons to advice people to be the main actor, which means to be in their life and live it consciously and with awareness. Otherwise they can easily become a supporting role in somebody else’s life.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: How You came to be You

Postby Sabina » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Heidi wrote:Whatever we are now, the way we feel and act, our ideas and feelings are all of our own choice. A choice that was made before we were born. Just like actors, we choose the role we want to play on this stage and the other actors in the same play come to be our friends and family.

It doesn't matter if the character we play is of the hero or the villain because it's just a role. Just like actors we collect the experience from many different roles until we become so good at acting, as to win the Oscar Award!

Heidi,

This reminds me of something I used to do a lot, every once in a while. I would imagine my life as a movie and then ask myself... Is it a good movie? Would I want to watch it?
And then I would look at my role in that movie and see if I would choose to play myself. Would I admire the character who plays me or would I pity it?
If I wasn't intrigued by "my movie" or my role in it, something had to change quickly....
=0)

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Previous

Return to Psychology