How to be seen!

A collection of interesting tales or information regarding nature itself and/or people in nature.
by Ryan

How to be seen!

Postby Ryan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Monty Python taught us how not to be seen, Ray Mears teaches us how to be seen more easily. All British but with different approaches...
;0)

You can find his DVDs and more at:
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Re: How to be seen!

Postby mirjana » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Wow Ryan, it's becoming more and more valuable education about nature and survival in nature. It is not only that, but the same time it is very interesting. So short video with such an important information. When I think how much time we spend in so many insignificant things and there are so many information that could be learned instead...well, what stays is =0@ on personal account.
Thank you.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Re: How to be seen!

Postby Ryan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Yeah, these things are super helpful if you spend any kind of time in forests or on long stretches of empty highways, etc.

Ray tells a story in one of his videos about a man and a woman who went on a hike in a forest and they walked off the trail to explore a bit. About an hour into the hike the woman twisted her ankle. Being that they weren't too far out the man went back to the ranger's station for help. Well... he didn't mark the way back to her and it took them three weeks to find the woman. She was no longer alive, of course... how's that for terrible? To die from a twisted ankle...

You know? What I don't get is in times like that why they don't use hypnotism? From my understanding our brains record and remember practically everything... at the very least much more than we are consciously aware of, and can have almost total recall of any past situation down to the smells in the air... And while it makes perfect sense that in high stress situations and panic one forgets things... if he were hypnotized and through the power of suggestion such things should be resolved fairly quickly... no?
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Return to Knowing Nature