How much is your soul worth

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: How much is your soul worth

Postby GenerousGeorge » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:23 pm

I did not say you were a nut case. 80S I just said we were different. =0/

There you go exaggerating again. =0o =0X
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Postby Sabina » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:26 pm

No, Ryan has a nice point... I am considering adopting your approach as well George. Good times!
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby GenerousGeorge » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:30 pm

WOW! Really.....And...... here I thought we were having trouble communicating on this. 80S
GenerousGeorge

Postby Sabina » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:36 pm

No, it's very inspirational.. Live an let live... <3
I am all for that.
Always was actually, so there is nothing new about that.
It was probably very silly of me trying to make a difference about anything in the world. I have a beautiful life, why should anything bother me?!
It certainly doesn't affect me personally in my daily life, so.. good times, yeah!

=0) <3 =0X
Sabina
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby GenerousGeorge » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Maybe I was exaggerating to make a point. <3
GenerousGeorge

Postby Sabina » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:42 pm

No, George, you are confused now... =0@
We were the ones exaggerating, remember? ;0)

Sabina
Sabina

Postby GenerousGeorge » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Who's on first? <3
GenerousGeorge

Postby Ryan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:35 pm

__4__
Here are some points that continue to be twisted that I will clarify once again

Trying to compare Simon Cowell and Hitler is an exaggeration
The comparison was that neither of them would have been anything without support from the masses. That is a fact not an exaggeration. I did go on to add that I believe Hitler to be a bit better than Simon Cowell because everything Hitler did was for the people of an entire country not just for himself... but that is just my opinion.

Saying that a 40-50 year old judge was trying to get an 11 year old girl to do a strip tease, to wear less clothes, or to show more skin.
The explanation given to me by George was that the judge was just trying to advise the girl to wear a more appropriate costume. So I explained that because of Sabina's problem with society's objectification of women that she has a right to get angry when a 40-50 year old man tells a little girl how to be more objectified through dressing in a costume that is more appropriate to what she wants to do. And my observations of today's costumes for popular female pop stars are as such... (both scantily & flashy)
It wasn't me who tried to justify the judge's comments by saying she needed to have a more appropriate costume... I simply said he should be more responsible with how and what he says when addressing an impressionable 11 year old girl.

And it is me that is exaggerating and twisting things?... no... I just won't stop and allow it to rest at those deductions. And, as long as those deductions kept popping up I felt I was being misunderstood and further explanation was needed. Is that wrong? I think it is only just... sorry...
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Postby Ryan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Personal Attacks as a part of a Debate
__4__

As this debate got deeper I recalled something that could possibly explain a difficulty in all of this, but my thoughts were to stick to the topic and not bring up anything that could be viewed as a "personal attack". At this point in time...
    1. because it has been suggested that we grow thicker skins
    2. because it seems that George is perfectly fine with bringing personal judgments into play
    3. because I think it is a possibility worth considering

I was going to list all of the matters where George tries to... I don't know... discredit me or Sabina by pointing at assumed character flaws, in his opinion and judgments, but as I read over them it seemed petty to me... because the fact that he said those things and what he said doesn't really bother me... it is just that I would rather stick to the subject and present facts. And while I pulled one in particular out and put it in Randall & Ryan to address it... my main intent was to hint at something deeper...

On February 24, 2010 George gave Mirjana Kudos (you can read it in its entirety near the bottom of the page) and said in closing:
George wrote:I will try again tonight when I return from taking Hailee to her modeling classes.

Unless I am mistaken with the type of modeling class, I think George may relate personally to this whole topic and has difficulty viewing it objectively because inside it feels like a personal attack.
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby mirjana » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:34 pm

GenerousGeorge wrote:"...

"But, since I am drawing a parallel here, I must be exaggerating again, right?" .....Wrong Sabina, you are exaggerating because you are comparing two events very dissimilar in degree.....gladiators killing each other for entertainment and a judge telling someone to change the way they dress. Just like Ryan did when comparing Simon to Hitler. There are huge discrepancies in degree here. THAT IS WHAT EXAGGERATING IS. A parallel on the other hand is usually drawn between things similar in degree. It is pretty obvious you both like to exaggerate for effect. Again, thats okay, but please don't act like I am being unfair to point it out.

In fact this is a good example of what is a little frustrating when "debating" with you guys..... You/Ryan want to make a parallel between Hitler and Simon or gladiators and 11 year old singers, claim it is a parallel and not exaggerated and then having established them equal, act like I am unreasonable not to treat Simon like Hitler, or the entertainment industry like gladiators. =0o

Wow, this is not good. Why would you do something like this? This part of talk was in the topic Randall and Ryan where Ryan, on your nice call "...I shall do my best", (I was happy when I saw that) did his best in trying to explain to you why he see things like he does. The talk between you two there should have served better understanding of your thoughts so that less misunderstandings happens here in this topic. To use something from there and in such a way here, is not the best way to make things to be more productive here. Contrary.
You took a part from the whole, from another topic, brought you here in this one, and out of the context which seems to be a castration of the whole thought, and from then on you are using all the time this comparison, which is not at all given the way it was in original, and use it to point it as exaggeration. This is not OK.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

PreviousNext

Return to Spirited Debate