Homosexuality

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: Homosexuality

Postby Rachel » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:18 pm

I think its incredibly strange that there are laws governing the marriage of consenting adults.
Rachel

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis
Favorite movie: Dogma
Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 3

Re: Homosexuality

Postby alejandrocerv » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Wow, all of your responses are fantastic! That bit about "allow" didn't catch my eye until Sabina pointed it out! And Dermot, I enjoy your assertion (if you can call it that; it wasn't so forceful) that you don't have to have opinions on everything, and if you have an opinion, it doesn't have to be black and white. That goes against a lot of what is taught in the United States public school system, in which you have to take a stand in a persuasive essay and defend it to the death, even if YOU actually think there should be exceptions. You have to pick this side or the other, because the middle is "weak". So I guess I'm completely fine with not caring about homosexuality. That's the conclusion I got from your statement at least! Someone may see it differently! :P
Zen Buddhist, mostly vegetarian, soon-to-be avid hiker.
alejandrocerv

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Siddhartha - Herman Hesse
Favorite movie: Capitalism A Love Story
Things I like: I love music more than any other worldly thing. It is how I connect with God.
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 2

Previous

Return to Spirited Debate