Homosexuality

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Homosexuality

Postby alejandrocerv » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Opinions? Go.
Zen Buddhist, mostly vegetarian, soon-to-be avid hiker.
alejandrocerv

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Siddhartha - Herman Hesse
Favorite movie: Capitalism A Love Story
Things I like: I love music more than any other worldly thing. It is how I connect with God.
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 2

Re: Homosexuality

Postby ubermensch » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:22 pm

To each his or her own .
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
Kudos: 6

Postby alejandrocerv » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:41 pm

That's kinda the tendency I've been seeing in daily life. Which I hope is the one that prevails. Marriage equality; what do you think?
alejandrocerv

Things I like: I love music more than any other worldly thing. It is how I connect with God.

Postby mirjana » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:20 am

So far I realize that you like to put questions. =0) Me too. What is your answer on both your questions.
Welcome to DS. =0) I read your comment in Utopia. Those questions are also very interesting and thought provoking.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:01 am

LOL, Mirjana....

Yup, I also like to put questions. You probably don't know this, but I've actually been "accused" of the same.... of asking questions and not offering my answer immediately as I ask.
My thoughts were generally to open a topic without being suggestive.
Of course then there are other times when I am definitely suggestive.... because I have an opinion I feel urged to share...
B0) 80S

@alejandrocerv
I would be interested to hear your thoughts as well!
Also, if it is not too personal, what is your "interest" in homosexuality as a topic?

ubermensch wrote:To each his or her own .

I agree...

Additionally, it may be interesting to see amandrea's thoughts in the The Emblem of David topic. He/she also mentioned homosexuality and has explained his/her thoughts.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby alejandrocerv » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Well, it isn't too personal, because I'm not too personally connected with the LGBTQ community. A few of my friends are gay, that's about it.

I personally just want to know what people think and why. Why people tend to try and impose their dogma on others.

I'm pro gay marriage and rights personally. :)
alejandrocerv

Postby Ryan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:16 am

My stand point is that people should be allowed to do anything that does not hurt anyone else.
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby Sabina » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:22 am

You wrote "allowed", but it's not about what should be allowed and what not, but merely personal opinions - I think.....
=0/
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:49 am

alejandrocerv , thank you for the answer. Mine is not far away from yours. I wanted to say that my thoughts are close to Ryan´s too, especially the part "if not hurting another". Then Sabina´s words turned my attention to the word "allowed". That is what we have been talking here. There are so many things happening in the world that should not be allowed, but they are just there. Not only that they are there, but they tend to turn the whole world toward that direction. And there are some other, including homosexuality, that are under the attack, and they do not harm others but just want to be that what their true nature is.
I do not like much those "gray eminences" who decide about right and wrong, and actually doing quite an opposite themselves.
Like homosexuals want to be what they are, some countries want to be also what they are and where they are. The problem starts when the gray powers decide what is right and what is wrong.
This topic is connected to the one about Power of thoughts and my understanding and answering to this question put here is explained also in the the topic about Power of Thoughts.
http://www.deepspirits.com/exploration/power-of-thoughts-t962.html
Our personal approach changes critical mass and that is the chance for any kind of change we want to achieve.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby dermot » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:49 pm

LOL Sabina, for your contribution a little further up the page!!

I think society seems to look to be divisive most of the time. We tend to form groups to which we 'belong'...mostly in our heads. We have to decide to be pro this, or anti that. We identify ourselves by our prejudices, often keeping them hidden from others. We have somehow come to believe that we must choose to be pro or anti almost everything, that it is important to know which group we support. This comes from living our lives with an exterior reference point as our guide in deciding what or who we are. It leads to tensions, discriminations, prejudices, war, and a whole lot of time wasted.

If we use our inner selves, our wisdom, our ability to observe ourselves then we allow the possibility of not engaging on topics that dont concern us. We can still identify right from wrong, and take action where necessary, but we dont get caught up in the struggle to identify ourselves through our own forced choices.

Live and let live, dont judge, see the positive, choose to allow when there is no reason to shout nay! Understand that there are lots of perspectives that others may view as their own and we dont need always to have a casting vote on whether they get to live them or not.

There are enough areas of neglect, injustice, intolerance, and discrimination around us that we could focus on and try to change, but we should start within with those too!

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Kudos: 52

Next

Return to Spirited Debate