Healing

By Agate

Healing

Postby Agate » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:38 am

When I saw that CrystalDart asked me to talk about healing, the hardest part was figuring out where to put my explanation. So it wound up here in my Chronicle because what I do doesn't really fit neatly anywhere else. I call myself a Healer because it's what I am. To deconstruct that further is a challenge because it's as central to me as breathing or blinking...and very nearly as unconscious.

At the most basic level, when I see someone in distress, I feel a strong compulsion to help. Sometimes this help comes in the form of being a patient listener. Sometimes I have to take a more active role.

I was born with a very strong Healing ability. Calling upon it is natural and automatic for me; I (most often silently) state my intent and desired outcome, and direct energy toward that outcome. It sounds simple and it is...but there are a host of variables. How much affect my work has varies person to person, as well as situation to situation. Some people are resistant to the mere idea of energy-Healing (not the best wording, but it's all I've got). Others have SO much crap going on that it's hard for me to isolate a single issue to work on.

I usually use music to help me focus; if there is none playing, I sing, hum, or just hear it inside my head. And then, yeah, it's all about focusing on the desired outcome.

This is somewhat similar to Reiki, but I was quite skilled in Healing long before I received my attunements. Adding Reiki to my repertoire was kind of like giving an artist another paint brush. There some things that I've found work better using one or the other, some even respond well to a combination of the two.

I'm a Healer, a fixer. When I see someone broken or damaged or in pain, I need to help. It's what I am, it's what I do.

I heal.
Everyone's got a tale to tell,
I know I'm not the first, or last but somewhere in-between;
Not best but not the worst.
Agate

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 8

Re: Healing

Postby crystaldart » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:03 am

Thank you Agate for sharing these insights. It makes a difference when you hear it from the very person itself.

To be frank, I had a different concept when I asked about healing. I thought its more about curing traumas, pain and diseases. Now you added a different dimension to. If a person presence could calm the mental and emotional upheavals of others, then I guess he/she can also be called a healer.

Let me add this, its heart warming to meet people who have the courage to reach out to people in need, to care & to be compassionate. Like its said

Words of Love and appreciation do not come easily,
But when they do, they work Magic

Wishing for the best, Keep the Good work Agate
crystaldart

State of Mind or Tendency: Cheerful
Kudos: 2

Postby Agate » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:01 am

crystaldart wrote:To be frank, I had a different concept when I asked about healing. I thought its more about curing traumas, pain and diseases. Now you added a different dimension to. If a person presence could calm the mental and emotional upheavals of others, then I guess he/she can also be called a healer.

That's the thing-- I do both. The effect my work has on the body differs from person to person, but I can (and do) get some results pretty consistently for specific issues no matter who I am working on/with. For instance,with minimal effort, I can ease most headaches. Usually I can stop them altogether.

On several occasions I've sped up the healing of bones or other significant injuries.

Something you might want to remember is that the mind and body are inextricably linked. By soothing mind-pain, I can soothe body-pain...and vice versa. One of my most frequent "patients" is plagued by stress-related stomach troubles that cause random, loud hiccups and burps. As you can imagine, these cause her a great deal of embarrassment. So when I work on/with her to ease the stress, am I working with her body or mind?

I see the mind and body as one complicated, interconnected pattern. Weaken or damage one, you harm both. On the flipside, heal one, you heal both.
Agate

Postby crystaldart » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:12 am

This is a nice information Agate. That's the kind of answer I was looking for and from some one who actually practices this. You must definitely must have received a rare gift.

If its ok, I would like to know few things more on this. When you heal a person, do you feel any reverse affect?. Anything physical, mental or emotional ? Do you work to harness, sharpen and enhance this skill?. Is there someone, like a guide or teacher, to help you in this?

I am really wish to know a bit more. And thank you for providing me with the insight.

Good day
crystaldart

Postby Agate » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:32 pm

When you heal a person, do you feel any reverse affect?. Anything physical, mental or emotional ?

Kind of. Like any other activity, Healing uses energy. The most common side effect for me is a feeling of tiredness, and sometimes a few moments of dizziness. The more work I need to do, the more energy I spend. Some things require minimal effort, so I feel little drain. Healing most headaches will only "cost" me a moment or two of dizziness. On the other hand, when I push myself too far, I'll wind up too exhausted to move.

On occasion overwork will bring on a headache, but that's more a matter of trying to do too much too fast.

Do you work to harness, sharpen and enhance this skill?

Healing is just like any physical activity that requires skill and practice. While my methods are largely intuitive, I do work to strengthen my skill. Overwork headaches were once relatively common for me, now that I'm better used to consciously using my ability they are few and far between.

Again, I see Healing as a very physical thing. Imagine that you wanted to compete in a marathon, but had never run more than a few steps. The first few times you try to run, you become exhausted very quickly. But with patience and practice, over time you get stronger. You can run farther and faster. Eventually you build up enough strength and endurance to run the full 26 miles.

The same goes for my kind of Healing. At first even small things would bring on an overwork headache. Then as I practiced and worked at it, my strength and endurance grew.

Is there someone, like a guide or teacher, to help you in this?

Not really. For one thing, I only know one other person who has a Healing ability that works like mine does...and she mostly rejected it. So I learned what I could from her, then began forging my own path.

Thanks for all the questions, CrystalDart, and please feel free to keep asking them!
Agate

Postby Heidi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 pm

If one person can do it, then almost everybody can. That's how I see it.

About 2 years ago I used to watch the American series "Heroes" but I did not see it as a mere fiction series. I think that the potential of working "miracles" is within everyone of us, but it's our disbelief that prevents us from trying. We are doubtful and we don't trust our inner self. We rely mostly on external experiences and have a tendency to reject all the others.

It's wonderful that you trust your healing abilities and don't hesitate to apply them when necessary. Thank you Agate, because your life example is just boosting our confidence!
Heidi

State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 17

Postby crystaldart » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:49 pm

...I think that the potential of working "miracles" is within everyone of us, but it's our disbelief that prevents us from trying.

Heidi, your Optimism is truly inspiring, no doubt.

But facts don't agree completely with what you said . However strong our beliefs may be, you cannot go on to do just about everything including repeating the acts of others. The deepest of beliefs can never make you fly, stop mishaps, spread wonder or perform magics. But, i agree, it can motivate you and trigger you to work for those abilities.

I am saying this because, we hear these things everyday in all the inspirational speeches given to us. Of course it motivates us. Its like a starter spark in an engine. But first we must have the fuel in us and the mechanism to take it forward. We need the quality and quantity in us to perform.

But in the end, Heidi, if it has given you a spark of inspiration - then its a reason for all of us to be happy

Good day
crystaldart

Postby Agate » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:30 pm

crystaldart wrote:

...I think that the potential of working "miracles" is within everyone of us, but it's our disbelief that prevents us from trying.

Heidi, your Optimism is truly inspiring, no doubt.

But facts don't agree completely with what you said . However strong our beliefs may be, you cannot go on to do just about everything including repeating the acts of others. The deepest of beliefs can never make you fly, stop mishaps, spread wonder or perform magics. But, i agree, it can motivate you and trigger you to work for those abilities.

I am saying this because, we hear these things everyday in all the inspirational speeches given to us. Of course it motivates us. Its like a starter spark in an engine. But first we must have the fuel in us and the mechanism to take it forward. We need the quality and quantity in us to perform.

Though it may sound contradictory, I agree with both of you. Each and every one of us can do amazing, even miraculous things...but we cannot all do the same things, nor can we do them the same way. Wouldn't life be boring if we could?

Let me offer an example.

I have a hard time with math. The language of numbers just doesn't make sense to me. Like it or not, though, I had to take a college-level algebra course to earn my degree. Even at my most optimistic, I knew I had no chance of getting an A. I busted my butt the whole semester I had Algebra, did my level best....and passed with a C-.

Now, a lot of people people would consider that C- average or adequate. Quite a few in my circle would have been disappointed to earn a grade that low. I walked on air for a week after getting it. For me to earn any kind of a C in Algebra was truly miraculous.

There were two key factors in earning that grade. First, I had to choose to do it. That's what I heard Heidi saying; if you believe hard enough, anyone can do anything. The other factor, which I think CrystalDart was referring to, is work.

I can't do math the same way other people do. My brain just processes the data differently. So long as I try to do it their way, I get confused and fail. But once I see the pattern in how the numbers fit together, I can consistently get the correct answer. I may not be able to use the same means, but I achieve the desired end.

In terms of Healing, which is more valuable, the wound sealed by sutures and salve or the one Healed using energy alone? I've certainly spent as long studying my art as any physician spends in med school, so whose method is superior?

To my mind, neither. Yes, I can make a headache go away by simply telling it to. But that same headache could be remedied by the fruits of a chemist's labor (aspirin or any other pain medication) or the effort of a message therapist.

So perhaps instead of trying to replicate the work of others using the same techniques, we need to focus more on just doing it. When I decided I was going to pass Algebra come hell or high water, I chose to toss out "their" way of doing things. My end results were the same as those of my classmates, so why should it bother me that I came at the problems from a totally different angle?

Decide what you want to achieve, and do it. Ignore the naysayers and find your own path, your own pattern. Then you really will be able to do anything.
Agate

Return to Full of Beans