Give a magic touch to your day

Short stories, good jokes,
witty sayings and anecdotes

Re: Give a magic touch to your day

Postby mirjana » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:38 am

Hi Randall,
Both, Thoreau’s words and this beautiful poem are great inspiration for the day. Beautiful...
Sabina, you said your feelings about deep spirits who are here in Deep Spirits.
Ditto *WAVE*

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Randall » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:25 am

=0)

A dare anyone not to smile after watching this...

A testament to the beautiful spirit with in mankind

Here is an article written about this video by Karin Fuller of the Saturday Gazette

MONDAY FILE

Friday, September 4th, 2009
“This one’s a definite for my Monday File,” I said to my husband as he took my place at the computer.

“Is that what you’re calling it now?” asked Geoff. “What happened to-what was it?-your visual antidepressants?”

“Eye Prozac,” I said. “I dunno. Monday File seems to fit better. I need them more at the start of a week.”

I stood behind him as he watched the latest of my growing collection of short YouTube videos that have become my virtual security blanket-what I turn to for comfort when I’m feeling low.

Many of the videos I’m holding on to are ones that have gone viral, the term for content that spreads from one person’s computer to the next faster than swine flu symptoms through a hypochondriac convention. It’s the kind of phenomena that turned Susan Boyle of Britain’s Got Talent into an overnight celebrity and inspired a generation of brides to start choosing their attendants based on how good they can dance.

Right now, my favorite is a video filmed in a train station in Antwerp, Belgium, in March 2009. I’ll briefly describe it.

It’s 8 in the morning and the station is crowded. There’s the usual din of train station noises when all of a sudden, a recording of Julie Andrews singing ‘Do, Re, Mi’ begins playing over the speaker system. A man, dressed like an ordinary traveler, goes to the center of the courtyard and starts dancing. A young girl with a backpack joins him, and then a handful of others, dressed in everyday garb, join in for a wonderfully choreographed, yet totally spontaneous-looking dance.

A swarm of school-aged children starts dancing their way down a wide staircase while other dancers spill in from here and there to join the main group, which has now grown to about 200 participants.

When the song ends, the crowd of dancers disburses so quickly and smoothly that you’d never know the dance had just happened. The spectators are left looking amusingly stunned.

It’s easy to understand why the video went viral, with well over one million views. It was one of those things that, if you allow it, can make you feel good for hours.

Over the next few days, I noticed I was feeling compelled to watch it again and again, and it wasn’t until I made note of the circumstances surrounding those compulsions that I realized what it was that was drawing me there.

Each time I heard or read something that struck me as particularly barbaric, or news of a child or animals being hurt or mistreated, it was like my mind needed to balance the bad with some good.

That all those people were willing to take the time to learn that dance in order to provide a quick thrill for a bunch of total strangers who didn’t have a clue what was happening-I find that enchanting. Powerful.

Inspiring.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Postby Sabina » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:03 am

Nice! =0)
That reminds me of Vienna and the many street artists you will come across in the town center. In a way they all offer treats to visitors. There was this group of young men doing break-dance, with humor in between, kind of challenging each other, then all kinds of music performers, either on their own or in bands,.. they all give the same gift to the walkers, day in, day out.

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:01 pm

What a beautiful gift for the inspiration of the day. Thank you, Randall. My heart was the whole in it during watching it/hearing it. The day/life is as more authentic as more full of such moments of pure joy and playful presence in the moment when everything else stops to be important, but the moment itself.
I do hope that the following words of the great writer, poet, mystic and teacher will inspire you further...

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby Randall » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Thank you Mirjana, that was very beautiful. It touched my heart <3
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby Sabina » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Some of these things I live by, yet I didn't know that he is the author, even though I am familiar with his work. Not very well, it seems.. :)

Thank you Mirjana!
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby Randall » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:49 pm

I dear old friend sent this to me. Its beautiful. When you watch, bear in mind that many of the dancers are blind.

מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby mirjana » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:19 pm

This is pure magic that reveals vibrating symbolism of the Wheel of Life.
Creativity is endless and always vibrates the beauty of life.
My contribution for today is the following poem:

Prayer

What is bigger, my strength
Or my weakness?

Am I more me in sadness?
Or in happiness?

Am I really brave
Admitting that I am scared?

Am I able to forgive
Even when I too much care?

Do I only care of myself
And not of others?

When I don’t succeed but fail
Can I confess it my brothers?

Do I really live,
Or am I daily dieing?

When I am giving of myself
Is it without crying?

When I feel repentance
Is it my real affection?

Is the Truth mightier
Than the lies’ attraction?

Asking all these questions,
Do I really ask or simply play?

Help my Heart and my Soul
Help them and show me The Way.

© Mirjana, 2006
Ajna Poetry Collection
mirjana

Postby Randall » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:05 am

מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby Sabina » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 pm

:)
The Secret...
Watched it a few years ago, and I liked it very much then, despite of their slight focus on the materialistic side of things. The basic message is good.

Sabina

PS: Related post: The Law of Attraction
Sabina

PreviousNext

Return to Witticism