מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Re: Free Hugs

Postby Ryan » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:03 am

Sweet!
<3
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Re: Free Hugs

Postby Sabina » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:23 pm

=0)
I wrote about the Free Hugs Campaign in my "blog"-website (not really a blog, just a collection of things I like) some three years ago.. and I thought it was interesting that I didn't include the video.
I obviously liked the idea behind it, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it... but why didn't I include the video? I am not 100% sure.
I added the Everything is OK video to the Civil Courage forum, right? They give out hugs as well, and the way they do, or he does, is cool.

The free hugs campaign is a nice idea in the sense that hugs are a great thing, and by giving someone a hug you spread positive energy. So far so good...

But then the next "image" that comes to mind is of some of these communes I've come across in the last few years. I love the idea of a commune of like-minded people, or a tribe... but..... I would see the photographs they show to present life in these communes or communities, and they were so... cheesy! People holding hands, in a big circle... all with big smiles on their faces...
It looked fake to me, very fake.
I don't do fake, even if the most positive message is behind it. I can't and I don't want to either.
Something about the free hugs campaign reminded me of these communes... while the hugs given out in the "Everything is OK" video did not provoke that association in me.
=0/
*Hugs* ;0)
Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Hugs to DS members

Postby mirjana » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Each time when I full of joy come to DS curious who of you is or was there and what happened in the mean time, I send you my hugs and smiles during writing you my messages and being with you in my mind and in my heart.
I do know that others have the same feeling otherwise we wouldn't feel this attractive energy coming again.
But, reminded with this great video I hug you one more time with full awareness and wish you great day.

Mirjana
<3
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Return to Civil Courage