For Daywhite

Short stories, good jokes,
witty sayings and anecdotes

For Daywhite

Postby Agate » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Two cannibals are munching on a clown. One looks at the other and asks, "Does this taste funny to you?"

Wandering in the wrong part of the jungle, a pair of monks ran afoul of a cannibal hunting party who trussed the monks up and prepared them for the stew pot. When the chief saw what was going on, he ran to stop them, shouting, "You can't boil these men, they're Friars!"
Everyone's got a tale to tell,
I know I'm not the first, or last but somewhere in-between;
Not best but not the worst.
Agate

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 8

Re: For Daywhite

Postby Daywhite » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:40 am

Okay, how did I become the cannibalistic representative for DS? I mean, a man can fly a million kites, but no one will go around calling him a kite flyer. But, hey, snack on one friend, and all of a sudden, you're a cannibal. We were in high school, at a party, she had smoked a bit too much, I guess. Anyway, she wasn't waking up. And, you know, high school parties, one gets hungry, looking for a snack, and, oh yeah, check this out we were in Alabama. It's not like it's against the law. They had a grill-bonfire kind of thing going on out back, and I stumble out there. And there she is, head in the smoke. I thought, "Cool, we're playing a game." I walk out, tickle her. She doesn't move. Then I see that it's not that she is in the smoke, but she is the smoke. I mean, she was, well, you know, on fire. She was so hot. I pushed her away from the fire; she was on top of the pot of ribs. I grabbed a rib, because like I said, I was hungry.

So, I'm like sitting there, you know, getting my gnosh on, and these ribs were killer. I don't know if it was the sauce or what, but, you know, like DAMN! I don't remember what happened after that. I think someone came up and said something like, "Is she alive?", but I thought he said, "Are the ribs good?" So, I jump up, all like, you know, and I hold the rib up, and I said, "Oh man, killer, definitely killer!" I think they took me to jail or something after that.

Turns out she wasn't dead. She had had a seizure and fell into the fire, burning herself a bit. But they took her to the hospital, and she was fine. I mean, she had like skin grafts and stuff; I even donated some skin. Oh yeah, they didn't arrest me. Because she wasn't like dead and, well, I hadn't done anything. I went to see her when she was in the hospital. That's when I realized who she was. You remember Tim Beard's sister, Sherry? Oh yeah, you never knew her. Anyway, it was her. And she was really hot, man, you know. No, not like the fire and all, but like really, well, hot. The first thing she said to me when I saw her in the hospital was, "Thanks for saving my life." Yeah, me too. I mean, I saved her life? That's the first I heard of it.

All the ambulance people and all had said that I pulled her out of the fire. I thought, "Well, yeah, I did do that." I mean, she was all over the pot of ribs; I had to. So, maybe I am a hero. So, we start talking, you know, her there in the hospital. She had never talked to me before, but, I mean, it wasn't like she was going anywhere. So I would stop in every day to see her, and, like I said, I even donated some skin when they started doing the grafts. It wasn't a big deal. I never spent much time outside in the sun, so my skin was good. I don't know if we fell in love there in the hospital or if it was maybe later when we were in rehab.

Her mother brought us bar-b-que ribs when we were going through rehab, her adjusting and adapting to her new skin, me stretching things out. It hurt like hell, but, I mean bar-b-que ribs with Sherry Beard, and she liked me, and wanted me there...seriously, dude, who wouldn't.

We've been married almost five years, now. I took her to Outback for our last anniversary. I remember people kind of looked at us when they called our name for our table, "Donner, party of two." I don't get it, but the food was damn good.

So, you see, I was never really a cannibal at all. People spread rumors, things get said, whatever. To be honest, I don't really mind that people call me cannibal. I mean, it reminds me of how I met the love of my life, and like the bumper sticker I saw the other day said, "Save the Whales; Eat a friend."
"Sometimes you do it to save your own life, not anybody else's. That's mostly why I write. I'm not trying to change anybody else's life or the world; I'm trying to keep from blowing my own brains out. That's the real point." -- Guy Clark
Daywhite

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 18

Postby Sabina » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:55 am

But Daywhite, dude, that's like, a very long story, and you are like so brave for being so open and stuff. All these like, black words on a red background. Or is it salmon?
I commend you. Or I command you.
One of the two.

PS: Imagine a new member comes to DS... and this is the first topic they read. B0)
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby tcm2164 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:14 am

A little tribute song for Daywhite...I hope is suits your "taste" ;0)

Trapped in a mine that had caved in
And everyone knows the only ones left
Were Daywhite and me and Tim
When they broke through to pull us free
The only ones left to tell the tale
Were Daywhite and me

Timothy, Timothy, where on earth did you go?
Timothy, Timothy, God why don't I know?

Hungry as hell no food to eat
And Daywhite said that he would sell his soul
For just a piece of meat
Water enough to drink for two
And Daywhite said to me, "I'll have a swig
And then there's some for you."

Timothy, Timothy, Daywhite was looking at you
Timothy, Timothy, God what did we do?

I must have blacked out just around then
'Cause the very next thing that I could see
Was the light of the day again
My stomach was full as it could be
And nobody ever got around
To finding Timothy
Timothy.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist
tcm2164

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Blood Meridian
Favorite movie: Into the Wild
Things I like: Nature and the outdoors, physical activity, creative people, open-mindedness.
State of Mind or Tendency: Insomnius
Kudos: 7

Postby mirjana » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Daywhite,

I have just realized that in spite of that how much I like so many things you have written so far, I haven't said it enough time. So one more time, it feels great whenever I see your avatar here as I know I shall read something nice, poetic, truly human and very inspiring.
Long or short, it is always authentic, open minded, deeply personal with opening some new doors in approaching things in life.

=0)
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby dermot » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:05 pm

I have to say....i like the new Daywhite, nothing like a bit of cannibalism to give a guy an edge, and he needed an edge, played it way to safe here to date, coming across all reasonable and friendly, kudos friendly, now its a whole new image, less boy next door more next cell, eh Clarisse?

That chick in the hospital bed wearing his skin grafts whilst he leered lopsidedly is an old worn out tactic...but hell if it works one more time, the rest of us can only stand and admire his bloody mindedness.

Just on a personal note, when you kiss the aforementioned Sherry, do you taste yourself?

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Postby Daywhite » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:41 am

Tim, What to say? I love it! Let me say, here and now, if you and I are ever trapped in a mine together, with another, we'll sing a different song, whether it be called Ryan, Dermot, Sabina, or whatever...of course, this is all assuming I'm not the one who falls asleep first. Thank you for that. =0@

Dermot, I'm glad you like the new Daywhite, but I didn't realize you didn't like the old one. Most will tell you I'm far from reasonable and friendly (okay, I really am, but nice to be thought of otherwise). I am hoping, should I ever reach 50 kudos, to trade them in for my very own personalized DS page, all me, all the time. Thinking that will impress the ladies even more than tales of cannibalism. Didn't realize "...that chick in the hospital bed wearing his skin grafts whilst he leered lopsidedly is an old worn out tactic," but maybe I need to hang out in some of your favorite haunts. Here's hoping you're there with me should I ever have a cell mate. No doubt we would have no problem entertaining ourselves and the other inmates. And, yes, now that you mention, Sherry's lips do seem to taste a hint of butt. But, maybe that's just me.

Mirjana, I'm not sure what to say. You have been more than kind and complimentary with your thoughts and compliments. I fear I have neglected telling you how much they mean to me out of a feeling of not being able to express it as intended. You are more than kind, and, perhaps, by the time we meet in person, I'll be able to articulate how much your words and kindness mean to me. Thank you.
"Sometimes you do it to save your own life, not anybody else's. That's mostly why I write. I'm not trying to change anybody else's life or the world; I'm trying to keep from blowing my own brains out. That's the real point." -- Guy Clark
Daywhite

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 18

Return to Witticism