Fisrt day of your life.

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Fisrt day of your life.

Postby MeThisGuy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:29 am

As we get older we start to notice that the days go by faster and faster. Holy crap it's already September! What happened!? So in keeping in the spirit that this applies exponentially then do you think that the few conscious moments we have just after birth are the longest of our life? Also, I've heard existential views that the months in the womb are as infinity and we have all of this time where nirvana is there, within us for there is no outer to us. And this is what death is, all of this time hanging in suspension where you aren't there to be sensed this time around. You become the womb.

Peace
MeThisGuy

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Tao Te Ching
Favorite movie: Fight Club
Things I like: everything that doesn't hurt...and some things that do. Whatever peaks my interest at the time. Nothing lasts and nothing is lost...
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 0

Re: Fisrt day of your life.

Postby mirjana » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Your question is interesting as it is connected with so many other questions we put ourselves all life long without a possibility to be sure about the answer. That is why I love this little story:

Twins, a sister and brother were talking to each other in the womb. The little sister said to the little brother: ‘I believe that there is life after birth!’ Her brother protested: ‘No, no, this is all there is. This is a dark and cosy place, and we have nothing else to do but to cling on to the cord that feeds us.’ But the little girl insisted: ‘There must be something more than this dark place, there must be something else where there is light and freedom to move.’ Still she could not convince her twin brother. Then...after some silence, she said hesitantly: ‘I have something else to say, and I am afraid you won’t believe that either, but I think there is a mother!’ Her little brother now became furious: ‘A mother, a mother, what are you talking about? I have never seen a mother and neither have you. Who put that idea in your head? As I told you, this place is all we have so let’s be content.’ The little sister finally said: ‘Don’t you feel this pressure sometimes? Its really unpleasant and sometimes even painful.’ ‘Yes,’ he answered, ‘what’s special about that?’ ‘Well,’ the sister said, ‘I think this pressure is there to get us ready for another place, much more beautiful than this, where we will see our mother face to face! Don’t you think that’s exciting!.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: First day of your life

Postby Sabina » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:10 am

That's an interesting story Mirjana, I don't think I've heard it before.
It also reminds me of this animated short:

Either way, we are all just guessing, right?
What about past life regression as means to finding out more? Does anyone here have any experience with it, personal or otherwise?
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Spirited Debate