First solid evidence of Presentiment

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

First solid evidence of Presentiment

Postby mirjana » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:12 am

Einstein described the distinction between the past, present and future as 'a stubbornly persistent illusion'.
There is a lot more when you enter this link. I love an idea that precognition can be measured or scientifically proved.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23395112-is-this-really-proof-that-man-can-see-into-the-future.do

If someone is put into an brain scanner and randomly pictures are shown them which generate an emotional reaction (sexual or violent,) then the brain will actually react before the viewer even sees anything.

Professor Brian Josephson, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist from Cambridge University, says: "So far, the evidence seems compelling. What seems to be happening is that information is coming from the future.

Interesting development...
Your thoughts?
Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: First solid evidence of Presentiment

Postby Heidi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Scientists connect knowledge of the future with the human mind, which is limited by nature.

After all, not everyone has the same mental abilities or way of thinking, which are limited by one's educational or cultural background.

On the other hand, soul or our higher self is omniscient, but this knowledge cannot easily surface due to the limitations of the human form and the mind. Those who are able to work on a soul level, are also able to have knowledge of the past, present and future.

I think that we all have glimpses into the future, but how often do we trust them? Most of the times we believe they are just tricks of the mind.

Mind is also powerful but on another, more mundane level. Positive and negative thoughts can easily influence our reality.

Hence, my dilemma has always been the following: when I have a presentiment that something will happen and it happens, is it a glimpse into the future of a creation of my own thoughts?
Heidi

State of Mind or Tendency: Cool
Kudos: 17

Postby mirjana » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Heidi wrote:Scientists connect knowledge of the future with the human mind, which is limited by nature.

After all, not everyone has the same mental abilities or way of thinking, which are limited by one's educational or cultural background.

On the other hand, soul or our higher self is omniscient, but this knowledge cannot easily surface due to the limitations of the human form and the mind. Those who are able to work on a soul level, are also able to have knowledge of the past, present and future.

I think that we all have glimpses into the future, but how often do we trust them? Most of the times we believe they are just tricks of the mind.

Mind is also powerful but on another, more mundane level. Positive and negative thoughts can easily influence our reality.

Hence, my dilemma has always been the following: when I have a presentiment that something will happen and it happens, is it a glimpse into the future of a creation of my own thoughts?

Maybe it is a challenge for our free will. Recognizing presentiment for me is a sign of disconnecting oneself from the system. Therefore both is there, system as it is(which is creation of the own thoughts - mind, which is influenced by system) and soul´s whisper that there is more there if one is free, acting according to the personal free will or making personal choice.Making choices is a journey, discovery. As both is here, mind is only more dominant as helped by system.
Plato´s Cave is a very good allegory http://www.deepspirits.com/ancient-sage ... e-cave.php
Soul is also here but in the forms of less recognized traces. Presentiment is one of them.

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby Sabina » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:45 am

Well, as I just replied to the Qui-Gon topic, something he said would fit here nicely, I think:

"Without the midi-chlorians life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force."
~ Qui-Gon, to Anakin Skywalker

Here is a quote from John Dee's life story:
He nurtured the idea that the human nature is definitely connected to the divine, and that the germs of supernatural abilities lie within every individual.

It sounds like he would agree with Qui-Gon.

So. whether we call it germs, or midi-chlorians, or something else, maybe the answer lies within that. Here is an explanation on what the midi-chlorians are:
They are symbionts with all other living things and without them life could not exist. The Jedi have learned how to listen to and coordinate the midi-chlorians. In order to be a Jedi or a Sith, one must have a high enough concentration of midi-chlorians in one's cells.

Heidi wrote:Hence, my dilemma has always been the following: when I have a presentiment that something will happen and it happens, is it a glimpse into the future of a creation of my own thoughts?

Heidi,

In this sense the two options of your dilemma would/could be one and the same. It would mean that a person has a presentiment, which is a glimpse into a future, but also the creation of your own thoughts. Because where do these thoughts come from?
We have always had them, so they feel like a natural part of us, and a strong aspect of our individuality, when it could actually be that - as well as the opposite of that.
The opposite in the sense that they are not only an aspect of our individuality, but also our link to the collective consciousness, and more.

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:00 am

mirjana wrote:...
Soul is also here but in the forms of less recognized traces. Presentiment is one of them.

Mirjana

Sabina wrote:... Here is an explanation on the midi-chlorians are:
They are symbionts with all other living things and without them life could not exist. The Jedi have learned how to listen to and coordinate the midi-chlorians. In order to be a Jedi or a Sith, one must have a high enough concentration of midi-chlorians in one's cells.
Sabina

Soul is made of midi-chlorians. When one hears the whisper from within, those are signals for connection. Presentiments are one of those signals.

Mirjana
mirjana

Return to Mysticism