Find Your Life's Purpose

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Re: Find Your Life's Purpose

Postby GenerousGeorge » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:37 am

So I never get them answered, huh? =0o LOL
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Being aware of personal experience

Postby mirjana » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:42 am

I was asked the following question regarded to this topic:
“…but how do you know if that is what you are experiencing when the goal seems so elusive and hard to discuss within our current reality?”
Here is my answer:
I am fulfilling my goal or purpose whenever I am all me in one experience and not separated from the experience putting myself in the role of the observer. When this happens, and it happens whenever we are passionately or playfully in the experience, then we are truly living the life and it is then the purpose for itself as the awareness of living it is there. And, interestingly, in all such experiences we are in the role of giver of energy, time, passion, other emotions, out of time and space as this is not important any more, as the whole in-experience has took us in the centre of our being.
When the life is lived marginally, automatically, which is the case by most of the people, then one who lives it like that is apart from self and life purpose and concentrated on more formal things, most of all to the concept of time and space, which is definitely limitations of the spirit to show its endlessness.
Atmosphere here in DS energizes me and obviously all of us who are coming open to share (give and receive). When reading answers of you and giving you mine, I am whole in, forgetting all other obligations and my life is completely in that dedicated moment inspired to the deepest of my being and acting correspondingly. With our thoughts we are bridging new thought which will show as the explored end result that without such inspiring step by step exploration would not be possible. We energize each other in the sense that each one discovers some aspects, depth and possibilities that maybe so far have not be recognized. When they are recognized, we become aware of them/us and our potential. Awareness about personal potential opens the door to living this potential, transforming it into the creative energy, which IS life purpose
Mirjana

PS: Just watch again and again and again the beautiful video Randal posted here give-a-magic-touch-to-your-day-p1529.html#p1529
and the whole understanding of that what does it mean to be inspired by joy and being in the moment will be authentically clear.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Tim » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm

I haven't read all the posts, but I was drawn to this topic.
I've always wondered if there is a purpose?
I've tended to wonder if there needs to be one, or whether we simpy exist as a part of the process of evolution (in all senses)?
I find a kind of freedom in the absence of purpose, but admittedly something within me seems discontent with this!?
Tim

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 1

Postby Sabina » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:18 pm

Those are good questions Tim.
It seems very feasible that we don't have a "high & mighty" purpose, which wouldn't necessarily make our existence any less beautiful or meaningful. Our discontent would therefore derive from our need for individuality, or individual achievement, to be more precise.

Now it is possible that this comes from "social breeding", social expectations, etc.
Or maybe it doesn't. I am not sure. But let's explore this further. :)

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Tim » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:51 am

As I think about it, I am leaning to the idea that once we have that deep sense of self, once we enter that state of self-acceptance and the realisation of simply being, that it doesn't matter what we do with our lives. We possibly naturally have leanings and talents and I know several spiritual pathways encourage us to allow these blossom and in the midst of all them, find what we love the most, what we are most passionate about and do it.

But I think it's important that the doing doesn't fill a need within us, but is rather the expression of our wholeness and self-love. So I guess maybe "being" becomes our purpose, or perhaps the natural outcome of spiritual evolution is we arrive at the state of being, not so much our life purpose, more our life potential.
Tim

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 1

Postby GenerousGeorge » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:35 am

One thing for sure, as I get older the goals and standards by which I might have measured success in the past have changed immensely. Being a "Rock Star", famous sports figure, General in the Army, President of the USA even now seem to me to be the Booby Prizes when it comes to inner satisfaction, serenity, peace and real sense of important accomplishment in whatever the important goals of this existence might be.

I'm not so sure what those goals might be..... I get a glimpse on occasion what they might be for me personally, but the acheivements mentioned above are not at all conducive to understanding why I/we are hear and do not seem to be significant steps towards, peace, understanding, serenity, true happiness etc. In fact they may well be one of the greatest impediments to making real headway in our journey. 80S
GenerousGeorge

Postby mirjana » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi,
Actually we all give more or less the same answer which is that the purpose is not something to be given to us but a realization of that what we have within us when with full awareness we become aware of that that who we are. If we take part in that playfully and with let it go energy, it brings harmony, serenity and bliss within everybody who has discovered that. Awareness about that makes possible to enjoy this fully and completely so that every moment of that beauty which is life is taken with a full breath. Everything which is part of that process or evolving is the purpose.
I think that it is important to become aware of that to find the purpose is not a goal, but enjoying the whole path of the personal journey of discovery with curiosity what it will reveal.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby GenerousGeorge » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:22 pm

"Live in the moment, not for it" Life is a buffet, take big bites" B0)
GenerousGeorge

Previous

Return to Mysticism