Find Your Life's Purpose

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Re: Find Your Life's Purpose

Postby Randall » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:42 pm

I agree Mirjana, meditation is very key to self-realization. So much has been written about meditation and how too get to that quiet place with in. I thought I'd share how I came to meditate and to find that quiet place with in.

I come from a very staunch Christian background and studying the Bible was something we did daily. There are a couple verses that always stayed with me, "Keep a song in your heart." and "Pray with out ceasing."

I would listen ... listen to the melody of my heart, that internal pulse Kris spoke of in one of her threads. I noticed that there is a timelessness to it, or perhaps something about it that transcended time. When I listened to that song, the rhythm with in it would expound into what ever I did.

I had wondered over "Pray with out ceasing" for many years and one day had an AHA! moment. I went into that place in side my mind and heart where I would go to pray, but said nothing, I just listened. For the first time I understood meditation and what it meant to pray with out ceasing. For me it meant staying in that open hearted place where spirit could talk to you.

Life began to change in a rapid fashion from that point on.

Finding your life's purpose is a life long journey deep inside self and worthy of our greatest efforts
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Postby Kris » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:34 am

Randall wrote:I agree Mirjana, meditation is very key to self-realization. So much has been written about meditation and how too get to that quiet place with in. I thought I'd share how I came to meditate and to find that quiet place with in.

I come from a very staunch Christian background and studying the Bible was something we did daily. There are a couple verses that always stayed with me, "Keep a song in your heart." and "Pray with out ceasing."

I would listen ... listen to the melody of my heart, that internal pulse Kris spoke of in one of her threads. I noticed that there is a timelessness to it, or perhaps something about it that transcended time. When I listened to that song, the rhythm with in it would expound into what ever I did.

I had wondered over "Pray with out ceasing" for many years and one day had an AHA! moment. I went into that place in side my mind and heart where I would go to pray, but said nothing, I just listened. For the first time I understood meditation and what it meant to pray with out ceasing. For me it meant staying in that open hearted place where spirit could talk to you.

Life began to change in a rapid fashion from that point on.

Finding your life's purpose is a life long journey deep inside self and worthy of our greatest efforts

I completely relate to your experience Randall. It sounds very familiar to me and you did a beautiful job of putting expereinces in to words. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

K
Kris

Kudos: 5

Postby GenerousGeorge » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:45 am

Kris & Randall.....Did that experience and the way you related it to praying make you more staunch Christians or did you move in a direction that there may be other paths as equally valid as Christianity?
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

Postby GenerousGeorge » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:47 am

PS...and what did the experience tell you your life purpose was? and...... was your life purpose now different in some way than it was before the experience?
GenerousGeorge

Postby Randall » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:54 am

smile... good question George.

It led to greater exploration and a deeper understanding of what love is. At the core of it, there is no religion.

PS...and what did the experience tell you your life purpose was?
No it didn't it led to a place where I could find it.

and...... was your life purpose now different in some way than it was before the experience?

Nope, I just began to understand it. Before I was very unconscious of it.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby GenerousGeorge » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:00 am

"7. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?"

This is interesting because I suspect a large part of the reason for us being here is to dare greatly against great odds for an elusive, but indescribably valuable goal.

If you knew you could not fail, it would (for me) invalidate the experience and prevent me from getting what I really wanted, or put another way....."What I really needed."

Nobody said this was an easy game. =0o and easy games are usually not much fun or very rewarding,
GenerousGeorge

Postby GenerousGeorge » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:03 am

So Randall.....do you still consider yourself a Christian and do you believe the Bible is the literal word of God. Did this experience change your outlook on this at all.
GenerousGeorge

Postby GenerousGeorge » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:17 am

"When I asked myself this question the first thought that crossed my mind was that people energize me........"

Sabina....It has been my experience that I am closest to God, when I am with a group of people sharing their experience, strength and hope in a fearless, selfless and honest way.

I sense that God is speaking through them in a miraculous way and for that moment it gives me an inspiring feeling of oneness with them and all of humanity struggling and striving along this journey.
GenerousGeorge

Postby Randall » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:29 am

:) black and white hmmm

How about this as an answer, my 'path' has no religion.

And the Bible? In some ways one could say your words come from God and if you looked at it a certain way you could say the Bible is inspired by God as well. The question also presupposes that I have a Biblical belief in the nature of God.

"Have I not told you, ye are God's?" :)

Messages from spirit come from every thing, every where. That is my belief. The Bible is not the sole content of the wisdom that is love. That's not to say it does not have wisdom and that it does not come from God. But I do have a very unique understanding of what God is.

Are you getting I don't do black an white? LOL
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

Postby Kris » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:30 am

GenerousGeorge wrote:So Randall.....do you still consider yourself a Christian and do you believe the Bible is the literal word of God. Did this experience change your outlook on this at all.

George,

What are you doing? =0o Running scared cause you are losing the debate? ;0) Randall……. TELL GEORGE NOTHING! =0X Keep it ALL a SECRET!

George, I will be happy to answer all these questions AFTER we win the Role Playing Debate.

Big Hugs! <3

Kris
Kris

Kudos: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Mysticism