Find Your Life's Purpose

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Find Your Life's Purpose

Postby Sabina » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:31 am

I came across an online article that is supposed to help people find their life's purpose. I didn't like the article, it was much too commercial, but I did like the questions it asked, and I agree that the answers to these questions are directly related to our life's purpose.

Here are the questions:
    1. What do you love to do?
    2. What do you do in your free time?
    3. What do you notice?
    4. What do you love to learn about?
    5. What sparks your creativity?
    6. What do people compliment you on?
    7. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?

What are your answers?

Sabina

PS: As for the author of the mentioned article, his name is "Mr. Self Development".
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

My five cents about Life's Purpose

Postby mirjana » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi Sabina,

Yes, questions are deffinitely very helpful to bring one to think about self.
I can imagine that this topic is not opened in order for us to write here about our answers, but to continue by adding some of questions, thoughts, exercises or whatever what practically can serve the same goal- to come closer to recognizzing or becoming aware of the purpose of one's Life.
Great topic =0)

My five cents to this topic:

"When we view the world from the perspective of our own senses, it is easy to perceive all existence as one truth – your truth. But when we are able to step back through the practice of meditation and conscious behavior we can perceive the other components of our existence interacting and interweaving with each other as one – from this standpoint we can actually glimpse and align with the universal Truth – Truth with a capital T.
This is as close as we get in this lifetime to glimpsing the soul – actually being spirit.
To some extent, the pureness, value, and joy of these lofty concepts can elude us in daily life as we get wrapped up in the importance of money, the focus on our jobs, the physical and emotional aspects of our frail existence, and the insistence that our view is the right view.
So what’s your truth? What’s the imprint you want to make on this world – as a parent, as a friend, as a boss, as a child, as a lover, as a colleague, as a partner? What’s the statement or concept that you believe in so strongly that you will dedicate your existence to it? Is it compassion, empowerment, protection, or love? Is it gentleness, wisdom, lightheartedness, or strength? Is it grace, will, integrity, or optimism?
Since it’s your truth...you have the ability to change it, tweak it, harness it, and make it soar. But it is virtually impossible to keep it to your self because with each breath you take you interact with the universe and the Truth which flows like a ribbon through your daily existence. Most of our struggles in life are resistance to Truth. We struggle to make our truth the Truth – to undo or redo the past. We squirm and have anxiety over the future. That’s because –in those instances where we are challenged - your truth and the Truth are not aligned; they are far apart. When your truth is aligned with the Truth of universal consciousness, you are living your dharma…living a blissful existence. You are “surfing the wave of Truth” – letting it propel you into the next phase of your life while it delivers the thrill of the present moment. "

Deepak Chopra

I am tracing my way of Truth
As lover, as mother, as a friend
Tracing it as a writer and teacher
Interdependently with all of you.
Mirjana,TLD Poetry

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: Find Your Life's Purpose

Postby Pat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi Sabina and Mirjana
I love what you wrote here.
I have a feeling that we are in life to experience it and to evolve the human species... Like the body evolves so does the soul ... I think we are destined to evolve into a multidimensional human being.
Pat
:)
Pat

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: .
Favorite movie: .
Things I like: .
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 7

Postby dermot » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Here are the questions:

1. What do you love to do?
2. What do you do in your free time?
3. What do you notice?
4. What do you love to learn about?
5. What sparks your creativity?
6. What do people compliment you on?
7. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?

These are very fine questions Sabina.

Mirjana, i have read a lot of Deepak, his truth rolls off the page.

Evoloution to becoming a better person, small steps, one at a time, but some sort of progress at least being essential. The last question probably holds the key for me and most others i would think. Fear, of being not good enough to do what i would like to do, or not being brave enough to try hard enough to find out what that is.
dermot
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

What energizes you?

Postby Sabina » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Very good quote for this topic Mirjana!

"When your truth is aligned with the Truth of universal consciousness, you are living your dharma…living a blissful existence. You are “surfing the wave of Truth” – letting it propel you into the next phase of your life while it delivers the thrill of the present moment."
~ Deepak Chopra

I am posting a part of that quote again, because I want to stress this one more time. I believe this wholeheartedly.

Pat wrote:...I think we are destined to evolve into a multidimensional human being.

Very pandeistic of you Pat... :)
I think the idea of pandeism is a nice explanation for the feeling of oneness, the feeling that we are all connected.

I thought of another question that seems important when considering one's life purpose...

8. What energizes you?

Sabina
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby mirjana » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Wow, what a beautiful topic and inspiring development. =0)
Love and kindness energize me always. Because in these two is involved everything else, respect for self and another, empathy and care for human beings, creativity and compassion...
Beside, such actions are very addictively inspiring. What this world would be if filled with these two forces as driving forces?
Beside, this forum energizes nicely too. ;0)

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby Sabina » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Ok, though the energizing should be rather in terms of things that could help us determine our life's purpose, at least that's how I thought of it, hence the addition to the list of questions.
Love and kindness feel good to and energize probably almost anyone.

When I asked myself this question the first thought that crossed my mind was that people energize me, which is rather strange, because being along energizes me as well (and that is nothing new). So I thought about it some more, and realized "Aha, it is not people in general. It is this connecting with people here, in DS". In real life there are also similar situations, though in "real life" there is the other kind as well. On DS it is a selected group of diverse yet similar spirits.
I don't know what else this means, if anything, but there you go. <3

Sabina
Sabina

Postby mirjana » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Something like that Sabina when talking about DS.
When you are in connection with similar spirits, they are energizing each other in discovering some aspects of self that have been hidden or even neglected so far. Or they help you to recognize more some of personal aspects that has always been there, but not recognized or stimulated enough and they are your personal strength and integrity and as such very important as tools in finding a Life's Purpose.
Or they stimulate some of personal creative force to explore further. All those are beautiful contributing factors in living a Life’s Purpose.

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby Randall » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:33 am

not wishing to disrupt this discussion..... but wanting to comment that being able to witness exchanges such as that in this thread is a true blessing. Thank you, to all of you :)
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Selfrealization

Postby mirjana » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:31 am

Before answering questions Sabina put, I suggest to meditate some time upon the following three questions:
1. Who am I?
2. What do I want?
3. What is my purpose?

In the silence of mind, what happens in the meditation, some answers will come.
After that, all Sabina's questions will direct further development of transformation from not knowing into the realization of self.

Mirjana
mirjana

Next

Return to Mysticism