entirely too much time here...

Exploring psychology, sociology, social studies and experiments, applied psychology, education & pedagogy, personality psychology.

entirely too much time here...

Postby ubermensch » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:30 am

I think that when you spend the majority of your day doing something as I have here , you tend to dream about it . At least I do . Wondering if anyone else has dreams involving an activity they found themselves immersed in. Like some of the questions here have immersed my intellect into deeper than normal thought processes.
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book: Hitlers War David Irving
Favorite movie: The Game
Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 6

Re: entirely too much time here...

Postby mirjana » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:55 am

Very nice. :)
I think that excatly that is the purpose of DS. =0)
These words actually fit in this topic: http://www.deepspirits.com/exploration/your-invitation-to-ds-t555.html
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 pm

mirjana wrote:Very nice. :)

Yes...

mirjana wrote:I think that exactly that is the purpose of DS. =0)

Absolutely...

ubermensch wrote:I think that when you spend the majority of your day doing something as I have here , you tend to dream about it . At least I do .

What did you dream?

ubermensch wrote:Wondering if anyone else has dreams involving an activity they found themselves immersed in. Like some of the questions here have immersed my intellect into deeper than normal thought processes.

Yes, though I am not sure if you mean daydreams or actual dreams.
My answer is yes to both, but I need some additional clarification before I elaborate. :)
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby ubermensch » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:17 pm

What did you dream?
I was dreaming that I could see the deepspirits home page but could hear you guys talking at home in some sort of meeting. The conversation I heard was muffled because at the same time I was trying to read something else, which didnt allow me to absorb either one.

Yes, though I am not sure if you mean daydreams or actual dreams.
My answer is yes to both, but I need some additional clarification before I elaborate. :)[/quote]
Well usually if I have a problem or if I am working on something that is important to me , I will dream about it . Sometimes I do believe I get answers to my problems and once an answer to a loved ones problem. Most times however the dreams make no sense and seem rather unreasonable. So I have began to keep track of them last year due to their frequency and the feeling that it is a deeper insight that I just dont understand right now. So I guess my question is whether or not you have had a personal problem or something you had difficulty understanding that you felt like a dream help bring it to a conclusion for you or give you some added insight . By the term "dream" I mean while asleep .
The more I give to consciousness/awareness , the more consciousness gives to me . .... ....
ubermensch

Things I like: reading , learning , yoga ,chess and chess problems , lifting weights, becoming a better person physically and mentally , meditation, world religions

Postby Mel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:51 pm

My dreams tend to be in symbols. Sometimes I do dream of something in exactly the way it would happen in waking life, but rarely.
Mel

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book: I dont have a favourite
Favorite movie: I have many favourites
Things I like: Travel, books, movies
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 1

Postby ubermensch » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:12 am

Have you checked my other post on "sub-conscious ...dreams" . I feel the more we delve into and become aware of sub-conscious activities the more vivid and frequent are dreams become. I am curious to know about what kind of symbols you have seen in your dreams. If thats not to personal to ask .
ubermensch

Postby pernicious » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:11 am

For the past few months I've had one thing that I can't stop thinking about. It's pretty much the only thing on my mind at all times. Today I took a nap for about an hour and had a dream about it. I woke up and felt like I had been asleep for ages.
pernicious

Favorite book: Girl Interrupted
Favorite movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Things I like: Carousels, Music, Psychology, Sleeping, Day Dreaming, Staring, Observing, Drawing, Writing, Learning, Photography, Internet, Hands, Eyes, Body Modification, Paranormal, Imagination, Philosophy, Sociology, Insomnia, Mind, Body, Art, Clowns, Roller Derby, Babies, Contacts, Words, Breathing, Dogs, Snakes, Moose, Sloths, Sphynx, Perfume, Bones, Veins, Hospitals, Red, Blood, Cities, Victorian, Gothic Cathedrals, Pale Skin, Olive skin.
State of Mind or Tendency: Worried
Kudos: 0

Return to Psychology