Earth Pilgrim: A year on Dartmoor

What should the ideal community or society be like?
Thoughts and ideas on making the utopian idea reality.

Earth Pilgrim: A year on Dartmoor

Postby Sabina » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:06 am

Not a must-see, but it is nice.

"God is Nature, and Nature is my God."
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Earth Pilgrim: A year on Dartmoor

Postby mirjana » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:16 pm

Dartmoor became a final destination of an Earth Pilgrimer

“Dartmoor is an area of moorland in the centre of Devon, England. Protected by National Park status, it covers 954 square kilometers (368 sq mi)
The granite upland dates from the Carboniferous period of geological history. The moorland is capped with many exposed granite hilltops (known as tors), providing habitats for Dartmoor wildlife. The highest point is High Willhays, 621 m (2,037 ft) above sea level. The entire area is rich in antiquities and archaeology.
Dartmoor is managed by the Dartmoor National Park Authority whose 22 members are drawn from Devon County Council, local District Councils and Government.
Parts of Dartmoor have been used as a military firing range for over two hundred years. The public enjoy extensive access rights to the rest of Dartmoor, and it is a popular tourist destination. The Park was featured on the TV program Seven Natural Wonders as the top natural wonder in South West England.”

Wikipedia

"God is nature and nature is my God"

He became a monk hoping to find answers. Jainism was his choice.
Between 1962 and 1964, empty handed and without money he walked across the deserts of Persia, the high Himalayas of Pakistan and snowy Russia, 8000miles pilgrimage for peace that took him from the grave of Gandhi to the grave of JFK, in order to confirm his belief that it could not be the peace in the world if we do not make the peace with the earth.
After discovering Dartmoor, Devon became his home.
Since then, for forty years he has been discovering beauty and mystery of this place.
This video is warm and full of love descriptions of all seasons in that place, from January to the end of the year with full awareness of all the natural beauty around him.
The video is full of unique descriptions like this one for birds: “They are all like one organism pulsating like a single cell” = birds
Living in harmony with nature of Dartmoor he came to the conclusion that God is nature and Nature became his God. Living in harmony with his God he has been practicing spirituality every day of his life. This video is a testimonial about it.
As you said Sabina, it is not a must, but it is more than nice. I couldn't figure his name out from the video, but he is definitely Earth Pilgrim.It is impressive story and I enjoyed it very much.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Return to Utopia