Dreams and their interpretations

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Dreams and their interpretations

Postby mirjana » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:02 pm

How to cope with our dreams?

„It is obviously possible that what we call waken life may be only an unusual and persistent nightmare“
Bertrand Russell

Many cultures have variously coped with the relation between dreams and reality, interpreting dreams as a reflection of reality with souls dancing between dream and reality, or as a source of divination, like many prophetic dreams in the Old Testament or, or like a message, especially popular in the ancient and religious literature, where a god or some other respected mythic figure appears to the dreamer, usually a king, a hero or a priest.
From the very early human history, dreams were also interpreted as reflections of daily experiences and of emotional need, which should help us to recognize the messages of our subconscious.
Or we can consider dreams as the messages of universe, whose part we are too, and through which we advance lightening our spiritual life on the way of unification with universal energy we all come from.
Whatever our personal thoughts about dreams are, it is helpful to know how to come closer to our dreams and try to read our messages from them.

How I do it?

I have a little notebook beside my bed to note my dream as soon as you weak up. But that is not all I do. I always try to talk to somebody close to me about your dream, because talking about it opens a way to many associations. And then, I write them all dawn. What I also write down are all remarks remark of my conversationalist. As such a person is close to my, sometimes these associations awake some new aspects in my approach.
Believe me, it is worth trying it.
Do you have some ideas? Or experiences?
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: Dreams and their interpretations

Postby dermot » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Lovely topic Mirjana,
the subconscious mind is an interesting area and to me dreams are sometimes an amazing product of the subconscious.
I have had healing dreams where i felt comforted. Nagging dreams telling me of something i need to address. Lots of different waves to tune in to..if your are receptive.

Let me tell you of a dream my sister had once.
She was going home from work 5.30 one day, the news was on car radio telling her of a bomb on the London underground tube network.
As she went in her front door she remembered having had a dream the night before and writing something down on a pad by her bed. When she got the pad she noticed she had four words written down on it. Train. Bomb. Phone. Laptop.
She had written down those words describing what was to happen several hours afterwards. The 'phone' was the detonator, Laptop was a case used for the bomb.

Being a very 'sensible' girl, she absorbed what had happened and did nothing to uncover her 'psychic abilities'.

Anyway the last four nights i have had epic dreams....cant wait for tonights episode.!!
dermot
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby Sabina » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:11 am

That is so cool.. I very often have epic adventurous dreams, and I love them!

As for psychic dreams, I have had those too...
I used to pay more attention to my dreams, but lately I have been too busy with my waking life - by choice I must add.
I do plan to some day write down a collection of my dreams and maybe publish them as a collection of stories, if I can ever decide which language to write in. We'll see.
B0)

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby dermot » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:21 am

Maybe we are only truly alive when we are dreaming?
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby mirjana » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:34 am

We are always truly alive when we are completely aware of the moment and that happens when we enjoy completely and passionately the choice of doing what we do. In such moments there are no limits and we are aware that we are alive.
We are alive when we are what we are.
It can happen in dreams, in life ...but it is always the same spirit and the same soul dancing different stories of exploration. When the story is not interesting and not taking our heart/mind/ completely, those are moments when, although alive, we are not.

Mirjana
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Return to Mysticism