Deja Vu

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Deja Vu

Postby searching » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:26 am

I see there is a topic here already regarding the possibility of living past lives. But what about the possibility of living our current life many times over? In reading Home With God - in a life that never ends - the author's conversation with God brings up the thought that we have lived our lives many times over. It is God who states this - and the author says "Ah - Deja Vu". This was a lightbulb moment for me because I remember so many times in my early childhood years -specifically when I was in gradeschool definitely having the feeling that "I have been here before with the same people" or "I have said this exact same thing in the exact same situation before". It hasn't happened to me in a lot of years, but maybe that's because as we get older our lives are too busy and distracted to notice the subtleties all around us. The other revelation in this book with regard to living our lives many times over, suggests that we can also choose to live our same life again. This is so hard to imagine! Any thoughts or opinions on this???
=0/
searching

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 1

Re: Deja Vu

Postby dermot » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:37 pm

I love the line that goes 'its like deja vu all over again'!
Thats a comic perspective on a topic that really is interesting.

Im going to ask the question - does anyone feel they are meeting the same person in mulitple bodies?
This is difficult for me to say, but there are times when i look at someone and i kind of know their character - it fits into a character i have met before, and i feel i know them. There are certain types of faces which seem to reveal character. Sounds mad.

This is really very random for me to consider, but it repeatedly comes to my mind and i cannot either dismiss it - or really reject it as the nonsense it would seem to be.

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Postby searching » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:56 pm

"Im going to ask the question - does anyone feel they are meeting the same person in mulitple bodies?

I don't believe I have had this experience in particular but what I have often experienced is seeing someone who is so much like someone else I know, or have lost that I have actually had to stand close to them. Some instances:

After my uncle passed away I looked up and saw a man in my local grocery store that looked so much like him that I got a start. I then thought "oh it must be his brother" but then on closer look I knew he wasn't that much like his brother. I actually followed his man around a couple of isles because I was so transfixed.

I was in a store once and the lady in front of me was so much like one of my very best friends, hair colour and everything. She was so much alike that I had to stand right next to her to hear her voice to be sure it was not her.

Since my husband passed away, I found myself sitting next to a man in Tim Hortons who seemed like him. Not so much in looks, but in size, style of clothes and presence. Maybe this is what you are talking about Dermot.
=0/
searching

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 1

Postby Sabina » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi Lynda,
I think what is meant is rather the opposite... maybe? The physical appearance may be completely different, but the person/characteristics are so much like someone else's.. and these characteristics can sometimes also be visible in gestures, or particular ticks.

Dermot,
I do believe that character, in some way at least, is visible on the outside. Just as inner beauty is plain to see... if you care to look. Perhaps that's simply another way of seeing a person's aura.
Recognizing their inner being in their visible, physical traits.

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Mysticism