Definition of FEAR

Not just for linguists and logophiles (word lovers)
The exploring, discovering and discussing of words, language & communication from different perspectives.

Re: Definition of FEAR

Postby Randall » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:14 am

A bit of a different train of thought.

Years and years ago, shortly after my father died, I started walking on a different spiritual path from the I had been on. Maybe “different” is the wrong way to say it, a path less traveled is better because all roads are spiritual. I had met a native american medicine man, a true bearer of wisdom and its from what he shared with me that I set my feet firmly on the path I now stand on today. The wisdom he shared concerning how all things are connected and in helping me to feel that connection in a profound way, gave me a foundation of understanding I’d not connected too previously.

I learned that all things are woven from the energy of love and woven back into it, that there is purpose in all things. Every single thing is sacred. Through the years this understanding has deepened. You see this understanding doesn’t leave anything out. ALL things are from love…….Everything is sacred. Its easy to grasp hold of the idea that the things we hold as beneficial are from love… and sacred, but I’m still learning what the impact of those words, of this understanding…….. All things…….Everything….

If this is true, and I believe that it is, then we should see that everything is as it should be. Instead of trying to get others to believe as we do, instead of lamenting how little our world sees, by focusing that energy inward and seeking true understanding and acceptance with in, we can stand on their shoulders, on the shoulders of fear and know what it is to love. I believe that is the worlds gift to us if we will use it.

I wrote this some time ago: Fear is the root of all that people have called evil, negative or bad. It's at the core of every anger, mistrust, hatred, deceit… and its still LOVE. Notice how it points us in the direction of a higher understanding and a desire for trust? For compassion? For truth? Fear is one of the greatest tools to learning what LOVE is that exists and perhaps we will come to a place where we can learn another way, we will graduate from the school of fear and move on to a higher learning. For me, Fear is Love, unrealized.
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Randall's Definition of FEAR

Postby Sabina » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:35 am

Randall wrote:Fear is the root of all that people have called evil, negative or bad. It's at the core of every anger, mistrust, hatred, deceit… and its still LOVE. Notice how it points us in the direction of a higher understanding and a desire for trust? For compassion? For truth? Fear is one of the greatest tools to learning what LOVE is that exists and perhaps we will come to a place where we can learn another way, we will graduate from the school of fear and move on to a higher learning. For me, Fear is Love, unrealized.

Randall,

Your above text is one of the most beautiful definitions of fear I have ever heard...
I hope you will consider submitting the italic text as a quote in the Quotes by Deep Spirits forum. It's very beautiful.

Sabina

PS: Welcome to Deep Spirits!
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:42 am

Randall wrote:
I wrote this some time ago: Fear is the root of all that people have called evil, negative or bad. It's at the core of every anger, mistrust, hatred, deceit… and its still LOVE. Notice how it points us in the direction of a higher understanding and a desire for trust? For compassion? For truth? Fear is one of the greatest tools to learning what LOVE is that exists and perhaps we will come to a place where we can learn another way, we will graduate from the school of fear and move on to a higher learning. For me, Fear is Love, unrealized.

Hi Randall,
Welcome to DS =0)
I like your train of thought and the story about your Way.
What I love is your definition of Fear. It is not only beautiful, but inspiring, awakening.
I agree with Sabina about quotes. My suggestion will be if the whole text would be too long as a quote, the final thought is so brilliant that covers the whole. Fear is Love, unrealized...just beautiful.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Randall » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Thank you both. I'm glad that it sits home with you. =0)

I must say I'm enjoying the site and its lay out. Most of all enjoying reading the words of deep spirits ;0)
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Postby mirjana » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:15 pm

I think that because of the discussion lately developed in the topic Fear and Laziness http://www.deepspirits.com/exploration/fear-or-laziness-t571.html it is not bad to pull our attention to this topic as well.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Previous

Return to Words & Language