Deep Spirits on Tour....the never ending chain story..

Exercise your mind through 'what if' scenarios, moral
dilemmas, brain teasers & other playful ways.

Deep Spirits on Tour....the never ending chain story..

Postby dermot » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 pm

The dusty old tour bus had seen better days, and indeed better passengers. What a weird bunch Manuel the driver had said to himself as he threw down the strange non drinking Irishmans backpack, narrowly missing the women bickering among themselves by the open door.
The laid back American guy rolled his eyes and playfully swatted the flies away from his face, one - too - many mornings, he thought.
The dark haired lady was deep in conversation with 'the quiet one', an earnest young man seemed to be wondering how exactly he had gotten here in the first place.
There were others too, but they came and went and like himself seemed to be getting to know the lie of the land.

Manuel changed the destination plate on the bus to 'Imagination Exercises', replacing the worn out 'Spiritual Talks' board that had been the cause of much heated debate on the long winding road to here.

--------
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 52

Re: Deep Spirits on Tour....the never ending chain story..

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 am

Settling down into the captains chair and swinging it towards the door Manuel began his usual routine of writing little stories in his head about each of the people that bordered the bus. This habit is partially an occupational deformity which developed as a result of trying to figure out in advance which passengers he would most likely have problems with during the tour.

The next contestant on "Manuel's Tale Time" had just appeared in the door. She was grunge clad and her hair was askew giving an initial impression that she was a relaxed and a generally open individual. However, noticing that the condition of her clothing was immaculate, it looked as if she had just purchased the clothes right before getting on the bus. "Maybe she had..." he thought and then at a closer examination of her hair he realized that she had worked very hard at getting that "I just got out of bed" look. And then it came, the aspect of every traveler that always gave them away, the baggage! She swung from her shoulder a rather plain looking backpack and unzipped the front pocket; obviously searching for her ticket. The backpack didn't have all those fancy nets, zipper tags, or colorful, well thought logos all over it. However she had placed buttons and patches strategically all over the bag, even up and down the shoulder straps. Some witty, political, or music related but nonetheless she was making a statement. "She obviously won't be riding long...", thought Manuel. "She is probably just searching for a new piece to add to her collage of a personality." At that moment she handed him her ticket and, with a slight grin of satisfaction, she was getting off in two stops. He ripped off the stub, handed the rest back to her and thanked her for taking the Deep Spirits tour.
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby dermot » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:04 pm

The bus door started to close slowly as Manuel gunned the old diesel engine into life, leaving a cloud of black sooty smoke in its wake. There was widespread groaning and muffled coughing among the group as silence descended on the scene.
One woman had wandered off a little, taking in the spectacular view before finding a suitable tree to shin up and engage in elevated contemplation. Various people nobody seemed to know were hanging about looking like they might say something, but not sure if it were the right thing to do.
The dark haired lady was still contemplating the bus journey here and wondering as to its overall significance, eventually deciding that it was actually better to travel than to arrive.
Murmurings about coffee gave way to an actual decision to try some of the local variety. The young man who seemed to want to be bohemian, but had actually failed to observe the necessary visual accompaniments, strode off to the taverna, his Nike runners glowing softly in the sun.
One by one this mottled crew observed the normal behavior of tourists, albeit in slow mo, as if to hurry might render them more worthy of the title 'Tourist'.
dermot

Postby Sabina » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:18 am

With nostrils filled with the aroma of coffee she opened her eyes, seeing that a few others had already gathered around the coffee station on the bus.
"Caffeine in lieu of centering, at least for the moment", she thought as she got off her seat to join the others. Some were unfamiliar with the coffee machine and the used-to-be-American guy was preparing cappuccinos and lattes and espressos one after another.
"Can I help you?", she asked.
"Sure, what kind of coffee would you like?"
"A cappuccino?"
He pushed a few buttons and turned some knobs and turned back towards her holding a steaming hot cup with a smile: "You can take this off my hands".
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 am

“Would you mind making me one too?” asked him the tall dark haired lady coming from the back.
“If there is something I can not resist, then it is a good hot cappuccino. And you are very nice to offer your help.” It seemed that she wanted to say something else too, but then changed her mind. Holding her hot cappuccino, she decided to stay with them, but moving back a bit as she was enjoying her coffee and observing people around the nice guy who was helping them . The young woman, who has come just before her, pulled her attention. She was very beautiful and calm and the way she was staying and holding her cup of coffee was sending a message of a mysterious personality. “She must be very self confident” was the only thought that the tall lady had at that moment, thinking the same time how wrong she could be. She knew that from personal experience and how often people thought that of her, and they were wrong.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby Ryan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 pm

The "used-to-be-American guy" noticed that others were gathering around him and kind of staring. The temperature began to rise as he became a little too self-aware. "Great!" he thought, "Now I'm going to start sweating like a stuck pig!" So, he turned around and faced the audience... "How's the coffee?", he asked. Without waiting for an answer he slid right into " Well, myself, I need something cold. I'm getting a little warm around the collar and need to cool down. Please excuse me ladies." and headed for the small fridge. He then knelt down, opened the door and stuck his head inside.
Ryan

Postby dermot » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:53 pm

After cooling his addled brain for a few minutes, he backed out of the fridge bumping into the young man who in turn bumped into the tall lady, who stumbled into the tree lady. There were mumbled apologies running down the line in turn as each sought forgiveness from the other, 'time to put the head back in the fridge' the un american man thought...and did.
The strange Irishman looked around and smiled to himself in a detached sort of way, its time to take this to another level he thought. A good seance might be in order, something to take the others out of their strange fascination with fridges, trees, and various caffeine concoctions.
First we need a medium?
dermot

Postby mirjana » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:01 am

The tall lady caught the smile of the Irishman and with his smile she read his thought. Smiling back to him, aware that one of the moments some call synchronicity has just occurred, she said:” You seem to have a good time? Still, you strive for more, don’t you?”
The strange Irishman, caught on his left foot, looked at her feeling in the moment like a read book:” Actually I do, but what you could know about it?”
“Well, well, nothing happens accidentally, I can imagine you agree with that? Otherwise you wouldn’t have these thoughts…”
“What did you mean by telling me I strive for more?” asked he approaching her.
“Nothing special, but that you want more fun around you and having a huge curiosity about that who the people around you really are, don’t you?, answered she gently trying not to involve more.
But, his curiosity was awakened and he seemed to be a man who is not easy to be influenced.
“OK, you have awakened my interest. Do you read people’s thoughts? ” asked he slightly nervous, continuing:” What do you do, if I may ask?”
“Sometimes, but probably not more than you do, I can imagine.” she smiled to him:” I am a writer and numerologist”.
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:40 pm

As the tall lady seemed to have missed the Irishman's thought about the seance and needing a medium, it found its way to the fridge next to the un American's head. Having cooled off enough and finding a nice ginger ale to quench his thirst he pulled himself from the fridge ever so gently as to insure no ones toes get trampled.

Not really sure if there was already a topic being discussed but somehow sensing that there was nothing really going "So, where's everybody headed on this grand tour of Deep Spirits?", he blurted and thought to deal with the consequences later if he were wrong. Gently bobbing his head up and down like one of those little dolls in the window of cars, he awaited a response and curiously glanced around to find who will respond first...
Ryan

Postby dermot » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:04 pm

A deep sense of bewilderment, and no little confusion, created a headache in the simple Irishmans head. Now he was uncertain whether he was reading/had read, or was having his own thoughts read by the dark Numerologist?
Deciding to say nothing and risk being considered and idiot, rather than opening his mouth and thereby removing all doubt, he wandered towards the open fridge door.

There might be more to this 'Deep Spririts Tour' than meets the eye he thought....'Deep' and 'Spirits', being two words that troubled his fragile sense of self. He glanced to his left where the 'Young Man' and the 'Dark Lady' were deep in conversation ...probably about me he wondered.

"Yes we are talking about you"....they both said as one.

He needed a friend. =0o
dermot

Next

Return to Imagination Exercises