Death

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Death

Postby Sabina » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Inspired by my answer to Mirjana in the soulmate topic, I am presenting a few clips from Star Trek, The Next Generation. If you already know it, you probably love it. If you don't know it, well...give it a chance.

The topic is death.
What you think it is, your experiences with death, how they influenced you, etc.

__1__

Oh, is that all?

Does the question of familiarity have some bearing on death?

I would rather die as the man I was...

"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Death

Postby mirjana » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:17 pm

OK, I have to calm down first ... this is awesome *WAVE* Thanks!
I am a huge Star Trek fan, and I prefer The next Generation. All three videos are excellent introduction to Star Trek, and I do hope that we shall use more of their wisdom here as a nice illustration for that how things should be.
They have stirred me up very much. <3
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Me too Mirjana... I was in heaven this afternoon sharing time with them. <3

As for death.. I've been told that I almost died when I was 1 year old, from suffocation due to an allergic reaction from medicine. I am not sure though if that can be called a brush with death as in the 3rd video above, in which Q explains to Picard how that particular experience affected his entire life from that moment on.
Does that work on a unconscious level? On a soul-level? Because my guess would be that it didn't so much affect the brain or consciousness of a 1 year old baby, but who knows.

I remember that I used to be fascinated with death, a long long time ago, and so I welcomed it. Life seemed pointless, so death had to be the answer. The music I listened to, the paintings I painted, the paintings I liked, how I dressed, etc. - my attitude towards death, emotional pain and suffering was reflected through various ways of self-expression and self-exploration, for a brief time in my life. I have also tried to communicate with the dead... It was all very fascinating. Then, after a while, I think I was done with death.

In regards to personal loss, the death that affected me the most would have been my aunt's, a little less than 10 years ago. Although, in that particular case, I don't think she ever really left.
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Sabina wrote:...

As for death... I've been told that I almost died when I was 1 year old, from suffocation due to an allergic reaction from medicine. I am not sure though if that can be called a brush with death as in the 3rd video above, in which Q explains to Picard how that particular experience affected his entire life from that moment on.
Does that work on an unconscious level? On a soul-level? Because my guess would be that it didn't so much affect the brain or consciousness of a 1 year old baby, but who knows.

I think that the age of body doesn't have anything to do with the ageless soul and the experience it collected. In that sense, everything counts and collecting experiences happens on both conscious and the unconscious level. It is most probable that the experience you mentioned influenced you so that you wanted to come closer from another perspective (life) to that what your soul has experienced on the unconscious level.
As you mentioned personal loss, there are few deaths in my life that have affected me somehow.
When I was a child, my mother lost his only brother to whom she was very dedicated as an older and protective sister. The way she has passed through that experience, putting even her children, my brother and me in the back ground during her long grief time, has introduced devastating aspects of loss and death and I needed time to put things into another perspective.
Then, in the last ten years I lost three dear persons who should have lived longer, as all three left much earlier because of health problems. Two of them took a part of family happiness and gathering with them and the third changed the atmosphere of my native town and some of its streets changing them from the exciting into the normal as every other place in the world.
Besides, it is a nice way you keep a memory on your aunt. Everybody would only wish to leave such a trace in some hearts when left.
mirjana

Postby Alvino » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:26 am

Ok folks: HERE IT IS =

death

God gave a man a Wish He would absolutely FULFILL
but the man had ONLY FIVE CHOICES.
FRENDSHIP, WEALTH, ABSOLUTE HAPPINES (never any problems)

i for get the fourth one= and Death.
the man said to GOD would you chose the wish for me,
I would like you to make the choice.
GOD SAID NO I will not = you are the one who knows
what you would like to have more then any of the others.
so the guy chose to be ALWAYS HAPPY.
soon he MISSED being sad once in a while and he missed
the JOY of making up with other folks after some fite
or difference of opinion, so HE asked God if he could
chang e his wish . GOD said Yes
the man chose friendship with all people
again SOON he was disgusted with his BEING friends with
all situation.
again he Begged God to let him change his choice
so HE CHOSE wealth
this time after a short time he WAS more unhappy then
happy with his NEVER ending wealth.
the other one was HEALTH ==
God can I have anothe choice so he selected HEALTH
AND SOON FOUND OUT it is not an ENJOYABLE LIFE
TO be ALWAYS totally healthy in every way.
HE had no more choices ACCORDING TO HIS WAY
OF THINKING SO
he finally asked God.
GOD IF YOU WOULD HAVE CHOSEN the wish that
was the best wish WHICH ONE WOULD YOU HAVE CHOSEN
GOD immediately responded
I , GOD , WOULD HAVE CHOSEN DEATH as my
first choice.
ok folks ONLY GOD KNOWS THE MORAL
OR point of this story...
Alvino

State of Mind or Tendency: Angelic
Kudos: 6

Postby mirjana » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Maybe only because of that that we have a limmited time for our lives we have a chance to become aware of its beauty. =0X
mirjana

Postby dermot » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Could it have been Death......as in the end of needing to make choices, of always wanting and needing that which we have not.

Death to want
Death to need

d.
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Postby mirjana » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:38 am

The Knowledge of Death

I like very much the folowing two answers about Death.
The first one is from the teaching of Gurdjieff about the inevitability of death .
The second answer is that Deat is the road to awe expressed in the transcendental music of Clint Mansell.

Enjoy!
mirjana

Postby searching » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Has anyone read the book "Home With God - In a Life That Never Ends" - by Neale Donale Walsch. It was loaned to me following my husband's death by a dear friend who has been on a spiritual journey since she lost her first husband at her young age of 33. She just lost her second husband six years ago. I was greatly inspired by this friend - but more than that this book brought me comfort in so many ways and it made so many things much clearer for me.
searching

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 1

Postby mirjana » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:18 am

Welcome again and thank you for your photo as I feel you closer now and like really talking to you. It is nice.
I shall find this book and I am very curious about that what you have said. After reading I shall come back in this topic. Thank you! I have read his Converstaions with God and found it as a great inspiration for living a life
mirjana

Next

Return to Mysticism