Daisy, Daisy, Daisy...

By Agate

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy...

Postby Agate » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:10 am

*Sigh* Daisy's my best friend and I love her...and at this moment I'd happily strangle her.

I have a good imagination and can be really suggestible. Daisy seems to have a gift for describing food in detail enough to almost taste. Daisy is also the source of every meat craving I've had in the past week. I can ignore the commercials on TV, and my neighbors' BBQs don't make me do much more than whimper. But then there's Daisy and her descriptions.

Honestly, I could scream sometimes.

Asking (or telling) her to stop does no good; once Daisy gets on a food kick it's nearly impossible to get her off of it. And if I use a sharp enough tone to make her realize she's overstepped a line I get several sloppy apologies...and five minutes later more food descriptions.

I guess it's a comfort to know this is nothing new. She once regaled me with a lip-smacking account of a particular restaurant while nursing me through a case of the stomach flu! "Daisy, can we please not talk about food now, it's making me really queasy..." "Oh. Sorry. Say, did you see last night's cakes special on Food network?" *facepalm*

So it's nothing new, just another facet of my friend. Granted, it's one I find singularly irritating, but when you love somebody you love all of them, not just the nicer bits.

(I'm still annoyed, though!)
Everyone's got a tale to tell,
I know I'm not the first, or last but somewhere in-between;
Not best but not the worst.
Agate

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 8

Re: Daisy, Daisy, Daisy...

Postby mirjana » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:58 pm

Actually it should help you. Whatever we get in overdoses, we can easier get rid of it. In order to conquer fear you have to meet it and even make it stronger. The example in the movie Batman Begins shows that very well. In Hook (1991) - (Peter Pan Movie), there is a similar scene with food. Making children's craving for food even more intense Peter Pan managed to help them to become aware of themselves as masters of their wishes and choices. It seems that your friend Daisy knows a bit of alchemical principles. =0)
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Return to Full of Beans