Craving!

By Agate

Craving!

Postby Agate » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:26 am

Two new threads in one day seems a bit much, but oh well. Today is day 7 on this journey and I am seriously craving meat. Well, to be specific, it's not so much meat that I'm craving, but the fat. I'll admit it-- I've always been one of those who really enjoys fat. Oh, I'd moan and pretend to complain when there was a fatty edge on my steak...but I'd devour every succulent bite. I'd even "relieve" friends of the bits they didn't want, so it "doesn't go to waste." It went to waste, all right-- MY waist!

I think it was the constant BBQ ads on TV tonight that did me in. Independence Day here in the US is fast approaching, and every other ad is an extreme closeup of a rack or ribs or a burger. It got so bad I finally had to turn the dang thing off because the commercials were killing me.

I know full well that I've had adequate fat today. Never did I dream that all the obsessive research I did in my anorexic phase would serve me in a healthful way, but I know pretty exactly how much of what the body needs to function. So I know I've had about the right amount of fat...my body just isn't happy because it came in the form of plant oil and some cheese.

I've run into similar sensations too many times in the past to not recognize this for what it is: withdrawal, pure and simple. Law of Attraction be damned, I knew I'd run into it eventually. A person just cannot devour as much fat and meat as I have for 32 years and expect to quit with no discomfort at all. To suggest otherwise is denying reality. Some may be able to skip the withdrawal bit, but I'm thinking most veggies who go cold-turkey probably have some kind of a withdrawal period.

Like I said, this is not the first time I've encountered this particular set of sensations. It helps that I simply haven't got anything here that would satiate this craving, nor do I have money to acquire any. That's a huge thing 'cause at this moment I'm not sure how well my will power would hold out if I knew I had easy access to the means to satisfy this fatty carnivorous craving!

So for the moment, I just wait. I eat the food I've got on hand, I drink lots and lots of water.

I try to avoid biting anyone's head off.

That's enough for now.
Everyone's got a tale to tell,
I know I'm not the first, or last but somewhere in-between;
Not best but not the worst.
Agate

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Happy
Kudos: 8

Re: Craving!

Postby Sabina » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:55 am

So why exactly did you decide to stop eating meat? =0)
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Return to Full of Beans