Concentration

Exploring psychology, sociology, social studies and experiments, applied psychology, education & pedagogy, personality psychology.

Concentration

Postby mirjana » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:17 pm

Concentration is mostly defined as the ability to direct the process of thinking toward desired direction. many people consider it as equal as mindfulness. I think that being concentrated means to be consciously and with awareness present in the moment of now, being aware of that what one is doing.
There are many advices about that how to achieve it and develop it in order to be more with a flow of life.
By staying by the breath helps in developing concentration. Whenever our mind distracts us from the wanted state of being, turning attention to the breathing helps to turn back concentration.
There are theories that concentration depends on commitment, or skills, or psychological state.
Personally I am fully concentrated when that what I do inspires my heart and my mind. If not, and I am still in the situation to do it, then I try my best to find supporter for keeping me concentrated.
My supporters are coffee, writing goals development for that what I do, and most of all putting that something which is not extremely interesting into the higher or bigger goal which keeps me motivated.
What are your thoughts?

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: Concentration

Postby Metatron » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Honestly, I have an extremely hard time concentrating on stuff I am not interested in. And when I am interested, for example reading a book, I can be in a room full of noisy people and I wouldn't even hear if someone called me a mo :D Especially in my previous years at school, when subjects such as biology, physics, chemistry and geography were obligatory, I was having a hard time getting good marks out of these cuz I simply wasn't interested. I have also tried the breathing thing, didn't help too much.
Who the hell is it you try to impress?

All you have to do is learn to care less!
Metatron

Personality: Ambivert
State of Mind or Tendency: Sleepy
Kudos: 13

Re: Concentration

Postby mirjana » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:46 pm

I do agree, where is our inspiration and our motivation,there is our concentration too.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Return to Psychology