Common Sense

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: Common Sense

Postby mirjana » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm

I did think what I said. I think that common sense includes some aspects of other three that actually transforms into that. The level of their presence estimates the level of a common sense. Only one or two of all three valuates the level of personal common sense.
When all three are harmonized, one has a great amount of common sense, therefore super power.
Each one of these three is a kind of power, but all three makes this super power. That is my understanding of that.
If it would be only practical intelligence then it wouldn't be enough in some situation where practical aspects are connected with emotional in order to deliver the best solution for the moment.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:21 pm

mirjana wrote:If it would be only practical intelligence then it wouldn't be enough in some situation where practical aspects are connected with emotional in order to deliver the best solution for the moment.

Could you give me an example of such a situation in which emotional intelligence would be a "pointer" for common sense?

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby mirjana » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:22 am

Sabina wrote:
Could you give me an example of such a situation in which emotional intelligence would be a "pointer" for common sense?

Sabina

Common Sense is manifested through the best solution in the moment. It is usually followed by the comments:" How it came just like that to you?" or something like that.
So, any situation in life when such solution occurs and the situation is of the kind that emotions are involved, that is such an example.
Final scene from the movie "Dead Poet Society" is the illustration for something like that.
When as a result of empathy somebody has a true understanding of some conflict situation and offers out of nothing practical solution is also an example.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Previous

Return to Spirited Debate