Commitment & Focus

By Mirjana

Commitment & Focus

Postby mirjana » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:22 pm

I had a client who used to have a big problem about her identity. She creates dresses and is very talented, but she was stuck with feeling of sorry for herself and her destiny. When we started our talks, I asked her:” What are you?”
She started answering...”I sew dresses, but unfortunately people mostly ask me to do some reparations and...”
Actually she was not satisfied with her professional life, but she didn't do anything in order to change it except “treating” herself with wailing and complaining.
I insisted on her answer to the question about -What is she, combining it with the question -What she would like to be, until she finally realized and answered that she is Fashion Designer. I told her, that as more she gives this answer to herself and other people when asked more she will be able to commit to the fulfillment of that goal.
Then I told her that memorizing wish to the very details helps greatly in that work.
She started thinking about herself and the way what she would like to be realizing that commitment matters.

Wishing is not enough. We have to commit and focus. As soon as we do that, we change our approach toward ourselves and the inspiration starts to reveal answers about that what we in our heart are and how to be that in our reality. It is very simple. If you want to visit a friend who lives in London, but you take a plane to Paris, there is no wondering why you are not by your friend. In order to be in London, you have to do something about it. Replace London with anything you would like or want to do, but take then a plane to reach the place.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Re: Commitment & Focus

Postby dermot » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:26 pm

I agree MIrjana, and i think the negative messages we give to ourselves get carried out by our sub - conscious mind.
If we keep knocking things over and saying 'im very clumsy'....then thats what we do, its a self fulfilling prophecy.
'Im always late'...goes into the sub conscious, and becomes an order...the sub conscious does not have a sense of humour and carries out orders as they are stated.

Try putting a positive message in there instead and guess what.....we reap the benefits!
....the heart only whispers, be still and listen....
dermot

Personality: Introvert
Kudos: 52

Re: Commitment & Focus

Postby mirjana » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:21 am

Good words and examples [El]
mirjana

Kudos: 48

Return to Somewhere in Between