Choices

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

Re: Choices

Postby mirjana » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:09 am

Sabina wrote:Pat,
You asked: Why do some people become aware and others with similar experiences do not? Isn't it part of spiritual evolution?

Leonardo Da Vinci said:
There are three classes of people:
- Those who see.
- Those who see when they are shown.
- Those who do not see.

It's not really an answer to your question, it's rather a statement on how it is, so the question remains.
Do you have any thoughts as to why some people become aware and others with similar experiences do not?

Sabina

Take three children from the very same parents. They have certain in born characteristics that make them different. No matter that parents do everything the same, they will behave differently in the same situation.
-"Those who see" are here to see more and they are open to that as seeing means readiness to see and know more. To see doesn´t mean "I know everything is like I think it is." To see means to be open to the process of learning and evolving. Those are researchers, explorers, artists, scientists...Those who see are not arrogant in showing this ability, more they are humble. Those who see and know are here to change the world and to speed the consciousness changes. They love humanity and do not live in isolated words of self sufficiency, but do their best to provoke and make changes because they are able to do that as they are able see. They teach by life example. They live what they teach and do not have inner blockades, they are free in mind and free in heart. They understand everything and are able to love everybody.
-"Those who see when they are shown" are open enough to recognize those who see and take what comes to them. They are students ready enough to recognize when teacher appears. They have capacity of gratitude and based on that, as like attracts like, they evolve in the direction to be able to see things themselves. They recognize their inner blockades and are ready to work so that they can become free. Those blockades put things into the specific perspectives blocking both, heart and mind. They are selective in understanding and in loving, but they are ready to change.
_"Those who do not see" have more lessons to learn and more blockages to get rid of in order to come to the position to recognize the teacher. They are mostly blocked with self sufficiency, or fear, or aggressivity that do not allow them to see. As they do not see and are not ready to believe to anybody, they learn from their life experiences and with time eventually provoke changes that put them on another level of consciousness.

Mirjana
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Ryan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:57 am

The parents don't do everything the same. Most parents treat the first child much differently than the last. The first child has no siblings for a period of its life, the second has one sibling from the beginning, the third has two from the start and is always the youngest and most of the time the smallest. The last child generally always get "hand me downs" for toys and clothes while the first everything is almost always new. Even if they are triplets, they will still have different experiences within life which will help shape who they are as individuals. There are only two breasts, one is going to have to wait...maybe one is usually waiting more than the others? Or maybe you bottle feed...but how well does that work out? What if they aren't all hungry at the same time and the crying of one keeps another awake when it is tired? I'm not saying that we don't have "innate" differences...I'm just saying that there is a mass scale of differences in experiences between even identical twins that provoke a difference in behavior. For example, strictly out of accident, coincidence, fate or whatever... one twin inadvertently keeps poking the other twin in the eye, or up the nose, while still in the womb...this will affect both twins differently. Maybe, the one keeps doing it because after the first slip it likes how the nostril hugs its finger and keeps looking to get that feeling again? Maybe the other twin develops an intolerance to small annoying disturbances? Where does the outer influences start and what exactly affects us in what ways?...To each person it is different...

The question would be "How different would we all be if we were to remove all of the affects from external influences?"... I mean even with the massive number of external influences that are responsible to having helped shape us as individuals... we basically all want the same things... to be happy... right? Can't we all agree that the majority of all people on this planet want to be happy? Regardless of what actually defines "happiness" for each one individually... so how different are we really?

It just seems kind of misplaced for there to be yet another thing that separates humans into other classes/categories/compartments/limitations..."those who see", "those who see when shown", and "those who do not see"... Black, white, yellow, red, brown... aware, unaware... religious, nonreligious...
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby mirjana » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi Ryan,

Your answer confuses me, because of the last chapter of your answer:
"It just seems kind of misplaced for there to be yet another thing that separates humans into other classes/categories/compartments/limitations..."those who see", "those who see when shown", and "those who do not see"... Black, white, yellow, red, brown... aware, unaware... religious, nonreligious..."

In that last chapter you criticize these three categories quoted by Leonardo, although you have previously also answered and gave your classification/explanation on them. I didn´t understand that these are classifications that serve separation between people, like you said in the chapter above, but, more as a try to find out reasons that motivate or cause human choices.
As about many points about parents and children you gave, these I find very analytical and good observation.

Mirjana
mirjana

Postby Ryan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:32 am

I didn't classify people... I can see how it might seem that way, but I only gave three reasons why someone might appear to be "unaware" in contrast to another. I believe we are all aware, but for one reason or another we choose not to "see".
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
Kudos: 50

Postby mirjana » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Ryan wrote:I didn't classify people... I can see how it might seem that way, but I only gave three reasons why someone might appear to be "unaware" in contrast to another. I believe we are all aware, but for one reason or another we choose not to "see".

Ryan, I do not know for others, but I know when I am aware and when something escaped my awareness. I am very thankful when a certain way of communication brings me to the "aha" moment, when something that was veiled, appears in completely different light. This new light is for me the beauty of awareness.
It is another question what causes us not to see something what seems so obvious to others? I can imagine that it is the same you related as a choice "not to see". If so, ok, but ,what does stop us then to really see? Our beliefs? beliefs-p2070.html#p2070

Mirjana
mirjana

Previous

Return to Spirited Debate