Biosophy

Experiences, questions and discussions on various aspects of mysticism, psychic abilities and psionics.

Biosophy

Postby Jade » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Biosophy, meaning wisdom of life, is a humanist movement heavily influenced by the 17th-century philosopher Baruch Spinoza. It is "the science and art of intelligent living based on the awareness and practice of spiritual values, ethical-social principles and character qualities essential to individual freedom and social harmony". It stands in contrast to biology, which can be broadly described as the understanding of life.

Objectives
-To create biosophical groups for character and peace education where the individual has opportunities of self-improvement.
- To encourage integration among individuals based on their mutual interest in a spiritual purpose in life.
- To network with other groups and organizations interested in character and peace education working cooperatively with them.
- To replace the blind acceptance of theological beliefs, superstitions and dogmas with the cultivation of spiritual intelligence as the basis for the Religion of Freedom and Friendship.
- To create a world-fellowship of peace-loving human beings who have overcome religious, national, racial and social prejudices who can work creatively for the growth of democracy, spiritual personal growth and world peace.
- To work for the synthesis of religion, philosophy, science, education and art.
- To perpetuate and advance Dr. Frederick Kettner's principles and work for the development and cultivation of the character and peace nature in young people.
-To create a Peace Department in the national governments headed by a Secretary of Peace, and to establish peace universities.
-To establish a world-fellowship of thinking human beings who can work creatively for the growth of spiritual democracy and world peace.
-To cooperate in the advancement of humanity from civilization to the age of soulization.

................................................................................................................................

I thought it sounds interesting. What are your thoughts? Do you have any experiences or information?
    "A Jade stone is useless before it is processed;
    a man is good-for-nothing until he is educated."

Chinese proverb
Jade

Personality: Ambivert
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 7

Re: Biosophy

Postby mirjana » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:35 am

Jade wrote:...
I thought it sounds interesting. What are your thoughts? Do you have any experiences or information?

It is indeed iunteresting. In fact very good topic, Jade.
Biosophical ideas are needed right now when everything seems to be out of proportion and forgetting to see the whole, which has the same etymological root as holy.
Writing about Frederick Kettner, Albert Einstein had written:
“Your group is the embodiment of that spirit which Spinoza servedso passionately.”
More about this movement here:
http://www.biosophicalinstitute.org/pdf/Spiritual_Purpose_in_Life.pdf
I do not have any experiences except that as far as I can remember I have always been involved somehow in things that are of the same kind with a strong inner feeling about interconnectedness.
I think that all of us here in DS have a tendency to contribute to such a world and changes that will make that possible.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:12 am

Jade, I agree it's interesting, but what is "the age of soulization"?
For that matter, what is soulization?
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:25 pm

I too wonder about soulization. And I have never heard of Kettner - shall do some reading perhaps.
Rachel

Favorite book: The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis
Favorite movie: Dogma
Things I like: Reading Biographies and Auto Biographies, day dreaming, cooking and star gazing.
State of Mind or Tendency: Musical
Kudos: 3

Return to Mysticism