Beliefs and Acceptance

Metaphysical, spiritual, philosophical or mystical topics.
The forum for talks about the intangible universe, the human mind, and the soul.

In Response to Randall

Postby Ryan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:41 am

Randall wrote::) I'm learning to to assume anything here lol

How did their anger make you feel?

Different ways at different times... I'll elaborate...

I haven't talked to or heard from my father since I was 3, so he hadn't much influence upon my life at all... he is dead now so I don't believe there will be many more chances for him to influence my life.

My grandfather was my father figure growing up and I never heard a harsh word out of his mouth nor a cross look. Not even when I stole a pocket knife out of his drawer to take to school and show the kids.

My grandmother was an angel personified and although I underestimated her bum leg when I threw the checker board in my sister's face for beating me for the umpteenth time she never gave me reason to fear her.

My mom was a wonderful person and worked her butt off to give my sister and me a wonderful environment in which to live and grow up... however, as a result, my sister and I were alone until after around 6 pm most days... that left about 4 hours on average per day to associate with one another. My mother is human and has the ability to be angry and display anger just like everyone else. And I am sure that growing up I tested her limits just like any other child. How did it make me feel...? Probably scared some times, angry at other times, misunderstood again at other times... I am sure there were plenty of other feelings scattered around there depending on the situation.

My sister...most of the time I didn't take any crap from her no matter what the situation.

I had a great uncle and an aunt... and then my great grandmother... but never a cross instance... not even when I would come and pick my aunt's roses.

The rest of my family lived in California and I didn't see them much.
[R] If you don't understand something I said or why I said it... ask me.
If you don't want to understand something I said or why I said it... tell me.
Ryan

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: no favorite book but favorite stories
Favorite movie: the Star Wars saga
Things I like: My family, nature, movies, games, music... more later
State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 50

Re: Beliefs

Postby GenerousGeorge » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:47 am

AHEM!!! I assume this is all going somewhere. 80S
GenerousGeorge

Personality: Extrovert
State of Mind or Tendency: Optimistic
Kudos: 19

response to Ryan/Randall

Postby Randall » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:50 am

It sounds like you had some wonderful people in your life Ryan. ;0)

did your experiences with Their anger affect how you behaved or acted? and could it have shown you how to use your anger in other ways?
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 17

Randall's reply to George

Postby Randall » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 am

:) all things in time George
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

In Response to George

Postby Ryan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:57 am

Ryan wrote:My realization of those things has contributed to my rejection of society and will to not be a part of it.

George wrote:Am I missing some hidden intent here?

No, you are 100% correct. That is definitely a bad choice of words, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify my intent. I do certainly reject society as an entity... but that does not mean I reject people as individuals. And as to what I will not be a part of are those "things" that have contributed to my rejection of society.

As for the rest... George... I live in one of the largest cities in the world... if that is not being in and part of a society I do not know what is. I do not live in an ivory tower nor a cave or any other isolated environment. Also... if nothing else, I take part in a website where I listen to and talk with people all over the world about things... which has the potential to, in number, reach out to massively more people than any other group gathering. I get out in other ways... I don't have any vices, I've gone to AA and NA... usually court ordered but the closest thing to addiction I ever had was smoking cigarettes and I have not touched a cigarette in over three years. I do what I can how I can.
Ryan

In Response to Randall

Postby Ryan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:59 am

Randall wrote:It sounds like you had some wonderful people in your life Ryan. ;0)

did your experiences with Their anger affect how you behaved or acted? and could it have shown you how to use your anger in other ways?

As I said earlier... No, not that I am aware of.
Ryan

In Response to Randall

Postby Ryan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:06 am

Some additional info that may be of assistance...

At an early age... I am guessing around 4 or 5, I punched through the window of our play house, and cut my hand up, because my sister and a neighbor girl locked me out.

I did it again when I was a teenager again towards my sister for yelling at me about my chores when I was with a friend. I cut my wrist open and received four stitches for that one.

Within that time I had put a number of holes in my bed room door and walls. Put my foot through the sliding glass door twice. Broke my knuckles and hands from punching steel poles, brick walls, and catching the occasional stud while punching a wooden wall.

I have not ever witnessed anyone in my surroundings doing such things.
Ryan

Postby Sabina » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:29 am

GenerousGeorge wrote:AHEM!!! I assume this is all going somewhere. 80S

George,

This talk is about beliefs and whether they are based on the need to be accepted or not.
Very simply put, Ryan think they aren't, Randall think they are.
I assume the talk is still about that.... ?
=0/

Sabina
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Ryan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:26 am

I think they aren't always... not that they aren't at all...
I can see how beliefs can be... but I also see by some of my own personal beliefs how they are not at all about being accepted.

I have been reflecting back upon the definitions discussion and I believe it was Randall... (wait)

Randall wrote:Is there really such a thing as duality? Or, is that a three dimensional perspective of something that has more dimensions?

Yes... there duality is in question and the presentation of a possible multidimensional perspective of things is offered as an option. Yet in the case where we are talking about beliefs there is not even the possibility of duality... there is only one possibility... I don't quite understand the reason behind it.

It came to me when I started thinking how there was just no room for the possibility that a person's belief in anything could possibly be motivated by something other than the need to be accepted seemed very limiting and to me that went against everything you (Randall) were saying in the definitions topic... so I am a bit confused as to why the limitations on this subject...(?)
Ryan

Postby Randall » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:48 am

Ryan... the need to be accepted isnt just about others.... its about self. Your a common sense man, why on earth would you have a single belief that didnt support yourself in some basic way. I've never met a single person on the crazy planet that has a belief that isnt found in a place for acceptance. Either for themselves or others.

LOL and talking about this with you is a real test. What your saying to me is that it has nothing to do with yourself or others.... they just popped in there one day and you hold them with out them supporting you in your acceptance of who you are as a person.
80S
מלכות השמים היא עם ב לך
Randall

PreviousNext

Return to Spirited Debate