Bab'aziz Soundtrack

That ancient art form whose medium is sound.
Melody, harmony, rhythm and inspiration.

Bab'aziz Soundtrack

Postby Sabina » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:13 pm

My Bab'aziz CD soundtrack arrived today and I am in heaven.
This is possibly the best CD I ever bought.
Each song travels through the entire body through and through...
It is extremely sensual music.
Utterly breathtaking, and my words don't do it justice.

It consists of two CDs, I am still listening to the first one, and even if from now on it were to be nothing, it still doesn't compare to anything I've ever heard. The funny thing is, I watched the movie, so I've already heard (and enjoyed) the music, but now, listening to the CD, one song after another, and in good quality (not comparable to Youtube or mp3s), it still managed to catch me off guard and jolt me.

It is like discovering that you can hover and gravity is no longer a factor.

Here are a couple of samples, although I must add that nothing compares to the complete experience. These are not the best songs from the album, they are just a piece from it.

Bab'aziz, The Prince That Contemplated His Soul

Poem of the Butterflies

Zikr

Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book: Confession by Tolstoy + Chess novel by Zweig
Favorite movie: Matrix + Baraka
Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Re: Bab'aziz Soundtrack

Postby tcm2164 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Sabina, Thanks for posting. The songs are haunting and have a deep sense of foreboding, just the kind of music I like. I'm going to order the CD.

Tim
tcm2164

Favorite book: Blood Meridian
Favorite movie: Into the Wild
Things I like: Nature and the outdoors, physical activity, creative people, open-mindedness.
State of Mind or Tendency: Insomnius
Kudos: 7

Postby mirjana » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Sabina, *KISS* thanks for this music.
This is a primordial sound that brings me in the Trans, the kind of music I love the most, when I lose the contact with the earth and have a feeling of whirling with the sound somewhere beyond the existence.
Interestingly I saw the movie and it influenced me tremendously. I was aware of the music and the whole art of that movie, but you are right; when listening to it now, it is a new feeling. This music stands for itself and doesn't need movie associations in order to be felt, which is the case with some other great movie sound tracks.
mirjana

State of Mind or Tendency: Inspired
Kudos: 48

Postby Sabina » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Tim,
I'm really glad you liked it!
You'll love it. The first CD is the score and it is perfection.
The second CD consists of songs; some beautiful, some good, some nice.

Mirjana,
That may be the case with other soundtracks as well, but this is the first time in my life that the thought crossed my mind of the particular music being potentially "dangerous", for me.
B0)
"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."
Sabina

Things I like: the arts, free thinkers, creativity, passion, intelligence, honesty

Postby mirjana » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:02 am

These words he says to his daughter expresses everything how I see life, love, music...everything. It seems that Bab'aziz Soundtrack awakes such feelings in you. It is great. =0)
mirjana

Postby Sabina » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:53 am

:)
Theoretically I would agree with you completely and I have always lived that way.

But, I have a question for you (and others as well).
Can there never be too much passion?
Sabina

Postby mirjana » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Sabina wrote:...
Can there never be too much passion?

It is very personal and each person knows for self. If passion transforms to addiction in any direction, I can imagine that could be too much, but again more for others than for the person involved.
In my case when it is too much then there is no joy any more but a kind of tiredness and I am not dancing as a Dervish but feel more as a pressed lemon...something like that.
mirjana

Postby Sabina » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:52 pm

=0@ A pressed lemon....
All in all,
Your answer is understandable and full of riddles at the same time. Well done!! ;0) <3

=0)

You see, I could now ask, what is an addiction?

Dictionary wrote:addiction -noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

According to that, just passion alone could be called an addiction, could it not?
The choice or the conviction to not live life without passion, could be called an addiction, because to such a person, not having passion could cause a severa trauma.
Sabina

Postby mirjana » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 pm

Sabina wrote:...
Dictionary wrote:addiction -noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

According to that, just passion alone could be called an addiction, could it not?
The choice or the conviction to not live life without passion, could be called an addiction, because to such a person, not having passion could cause a severa trauma.

You play nicely with words, but still I do not agree. =0)
I love music, I love to eat, I love sex, I love movies, I love cooking, writing...many other things that I enjoy quite passionatelly. But if I stop any of these there would not be severe trauma as I would do that by choice, with awareness and then again when I want I would do it again. That is what I meant. Being aware in choosing something and enjoy it passionately with full awareness and not compulsively, that is the difference between the healthy passion and the passion that has turned to addiction.
mirjana

Postby Sabina » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Loving something doesn't necessarily mean loving it passionately.. there are different kinds of love.

...I love to eat...

...But if I stop any of these there would not be severe trauma as I would do that by choice, with awareness and then again when I want I would do it again.

There wouldn't be a severe trauma if you stopped eating? :)
Sabina

Next

Return to Music