7 Questions

[color=#4a2522]Exercise your mind through 'what if' scenarios, moral
dilemmas, brain teasers & other playful ways.[/color]

Re: 7 Questions

Postby Sabina » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:23 am

[quote="Sabina"]1. [Y]ou witness a car accident in which one party is clearly to blame. Do you stop and offer yourself as a witness even though you are late for an appointment?

I had no idea that I should stop by law, as Holly said. Is that worldwide?
At any rate, if it's nothing grave I probably wouldn't stop. If it is grave, I would stay.
Being late for an appointment doesn't affect the decision much either way.

[quote="Sabina"]2. [T]idying up, you find an opened letter to your teenage son/daughter. Do you read it?

Probably yes, in which case I would also let them know that I read it, even though that might not be very "wise".

[quote="Sabina"]3. [Y]ou are smoking at a meeting. Someone is coughing and showing discomfort. Do you finish your cigarette?

Yes, I finish it. They can ask me to put it out. If they ask nicely or just mention their discomfort in a polite/normal manner I would definitely put it out. If they immediately attack, I would probably continue smoking.

[size=90]Addition: I just realized that I imagined this to be a situation with people I don't know at all, so complete strangers. With people that I do know I might even ask "Do you mind?", without even thinking about it... [/size]

[quote="Sabina"]4. [Y]ou are at a dinner party and hear a distinct CRACK as you settle into an antique chair. The hostess is in the kitchen. Will you later tell her what happened?

Yes, I would.

[quote="Sabina"]5. [A] friend has a severe case of bad breath. Do you mention it?

Ha... this is a tougher question for me than the others so far...
Holly's solution is nice, if you happen to have a mint in your bag, which I usually don't. Heidi's answer made sense as well, that would almost make it a loving duty to tell them. However, I have been in this situation and didn't say anything. Why? Because the person was aware of that problem, and it did have to do with their stomach. Since I knew that, and knew that my telling them wouldn't really change anything, and I didn't have a mint to have either, then telling them would have only made them feel worse.

[quote="Sabina"]6. [Y]ou and your mate expect loyalty and honesty from one another. One night, out of town, you have a fling. Do you tell?

Yes, definitely.

[quote="Sabina"]7. [A] friend's fiancé/e is flirting with you. Do you tell your friend?

Yes...
[color=#5f0000]"Whether You believe you can, or you can't, you are right."[/color]
Sabina

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book:
Favorite movie:
Things I like:
State of Mind or Tendency: Artistic
Kudos: 61

Postby Daywhite » Thu May 06, 2010 8:40 pm

1. [Y]ou witness a car accident in which one party is clearly to blame. Do you stop and offer yourself as a witness even though you are late for an appointment?

[color=#df1e1e]I've witnessed car accidents, but unless it seemed someone may be hurt, I simply continued on my way. So, would I offer myself as a witness? No. Would I offer to help if someone was hurt? Yes.[/color]

2. [T]idying up, you find an opened letter to your teenage son/daughter. Do you read it?

[color=#df1e1e]I like Ryan's reasoning on this. If I have no reason to distrust my child, then, no, I wouldn't read it. If, however, there had been hints of trouble, perhaps something brewing, then, I may, depending on the severity of the supposed situation, read the letter.
[/color]
3. [Y]ou are smoking at a meeting. Someone is coughing and showing discomfort. Do you finish your cigarette?

[color=#df1e1e]If I were smoking at a meeting, I would hope someone would pour water on me, because I would be on fire, since I don't smoke cigarettes =0@ But, seriously, folks...if something I was actively doing was causing another discomfort, and it wouldn't hurt me to stop, I would stop, putting the cigarette out.[/color]

4. [Y]ou are at a dinner party and hear a distinct CRACK as you settle into an antique chair. The hostess is in the kitchen. Will you later tell her what happened?

[color=#df1e1e]Depends how well I know the hostess or whether I like her. If it's someone I like, I would tell, being sincerely sorry. If it's someone I don't like, for whatever, I probably wouldn't tell. The again, if I were at the party with friends, I would call a friend over, and ask them to sit in the chair, mentioning how comfortable it was. Once they sat down, and the chair cracked, as it would, I would say, "Oops, are you going to tell?" B0) [/color]

5. [A] friend has a severe case of bad breath. Do you mention it?

[color=#df1e1e]Depends how close of a friend. If it's simply a co-worker or an acquaintance, then probably not. I would simply avoid them, not really caring what someone else may thing of them. If it's a close friend, yes, I would tell, not for my benefit, but realizing others would certainly notice and not wanting them to feel embarrassed. [/color]

6. [Y]ou and your mate expect loyalty and honesty from one another. One night, out of town, you have a fling. Do you tell?

[color=#df1e1e]As Holly says, kind of pointless to have a fling if you're going to tell. So, my answer would depend on whether it's a true fling, a one-time thing, never to happen again. If so, no, I wouldn't tell. If, however, I felt it could develop into something more, or that I may have deeper feelings for the flingee (or would she be the flinger?), yes, I would tell. It would appear the original relationship was in more trouble than possibly imagined, so it would be something needing discussion.
[/color]
7. [A] friend's fiancé/e is flirting with you. Do you tell your friend?

[color=#df1e1e]If I know that she is only flirting with me, then depending on the degree of flirting, I probably wouldn't tell. Because I know that it's not going to go any further, because I control whether it does. If, however, I've noticed her flirting with other men, other friends, I would tell my friend. Maybe he's okay with it, maybe he's not, but I would at least let him know.[/color]
"Sometimes you do it to save your own life, not anybody else's. That's mostly why I write. I'm not trying to change anybody else's life or the world; I'm trying to keep from blowing my own brains out. That's the real point." -- Guy Clark
Daywhite

Personality: Introvert
State of Mind or Tendency: Neutral
Kudos: 18

Postby peaceandlovegirl » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:49 am

1. It depends. Honestly its really difficult for me to do things like that because I'm not always sure what to do in situations involving cops. So if I really needed to go to this appointment and there are other witnesses there already then no. But if there are no other witnesses I'll probably stick around

2. No, thats a total invasion of privacy that I personally would not want anyone to do to me.

3. Yes, for sure.

4. Yes, I would feel so guilty man.

5. It depends. If this were a close friend then yes. If it were a not so close friend then no. It also depends on often this happens because if it is just a one time thing because they ate something particularly oniony then there isnt really any point of telling them but if this was a problem that happened alot I wouldnt hesitate to let them know.

6. Well I'm not the kind of person who would have a fling in the first place so if I were that kind of person then its hard to say if I would tell or not. But I'm just going to say that probably yes, I would tell.

7. Yes
peaceandlovegirl

Personality: Extrovert
Favorite book:
Favorite movie:
Things I like:
State of Mind or Tendency: Cheerful
Kudos: 0

Postby pernicious » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:18 am

[color=#7f36bc][size=85]1. No.

2. No.

3. Yes.

4. No.

5. No.

6. Yes.

7. Yes.[/size][/color]
pernicious

Personality: Introvert
Favorite book:
Favorite movie:
Things I like:
State of Mind or Tendency: Worried

Postby kelly224 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:52 pm

1. You witness a car accident in which one party is clearly to blame. Do you stop and offer yourself as a witness even though you are late for an appointment?

I would stop to be an eyewitness if someone was seriously hurt, or has been killed.

2. Tidying up, you find an opened letter to your teenage son/daughter. Do you read it?

No.

3. You are smoking at a meeting. Someone is coughing and showing discomfort. Do you finish your cigarette?

I would put it out.

4. You are at a dinner party and hear a distinct CRACK as you settle into an antique chair. The hostess is in the kitchen. Will you later tell her what happened?

Yes, because I don't want anyone to get hurt.

5. A friend has a severe case of bad breath. Do you mention it?

I'd offer gum casually, or if it's a really close friend I'd tell them.

6. You and your mate expect loyalty and honesty from one another. One night, out of town, you have a fling. Do you tell?

I would, my conscience is too heavy.

7. A friend's fiancé/e is flirting with you. Do you tell your friend?

Yes, and if they don't believe me I'd make sure to keep my distance from then on.
kelly224

Personality: Ambivert
Favorite book:
Favorite movie:
Things I like:

Postby ANURAG » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 pm

1. I would stop to be an eyewitness if ITS fatal accident.
2.<I am still 19.> I won't read it.
3. I must and i will stop.
4. yes
5.Yes.
6.No (with a promise that i wont break her trust again).
7. YES.
ANURAG

Favorite book:
Favorite movie:
Things I like:

Postby ANURAG » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 pm

1. I would stop to be an eyewitness if ITS fatal accident.
2.<I am still 19.> I won't read it.
3. I must and i will stop.
4. yes
5.Yes.
6.No (with a promise that i wont break her trust again).
7. YES.
ANURAG

Favorite book:
Favorite movie:
Things I like:

Previous

Return to Imagination Exercises